There are 336 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
I kind of followed that exchange you guys had and you are both misunderstanding each other, from what I was able to understand (Kyle fired for having done less than the Eagles coach, something like that). I wanted to clear it up but also wanted to see what came of it.

This is what I said….he's the longest tenured coach in the NFL that has not won a Super Bowl. There has been coaches that have been fired for less & gave an example…He then crapped on Peterson's accomplishments and was incorrect on what actually transpired there.

not once did I say he should be fired. In fact throughout this thread I've said I think he's a bad ass HC and an elite play caller. I've pointed out the need for a legit GM, someone that is 50/50 with Kyle and can view it from a GMs perspective, not just a coach who will tend to build a roster differently.

There haven't been coaches fired for less though. He is coming off a 13 win season.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by thl408:
I kind of followed that exchange you guys had and you are both misunderstanding each other, from what I was able to understand (Kyle fired for having done less than the Eagles coach, something like that). I wanted to clear it up but also wanted to see what came of it.

This is what I said….he's the longest tenured coach in the NFL that has not won a Super Bowl. There has been coaches that have been fired for less & gave an example…He then crapped on Peterson's accomplishments and was incorrect on what actually transpired there.

not once did I say he should be fired. In fact throughout this thread I've said I think he's a bad ass HC and an elite play caller. I've pointed out the need for a legit GM, someone that is 50/50 with Kyle and can view it from a GMs perspective, not just a coach who will tend to build a roster differently.

There haven't been coaches fired for less though. He is coming off a 13 win season.

ALLOW ME to ask the question..

SHOULD KYLE MUST GO ??
It's all Kyle's fault.. all this resurrecting our beloved franchise and winning n s**t
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
It's all Kyle's fault.. all this resurrecting our beloved franchise and winning n s**t

SO, u don't think he should go ?

I know this much, he BEST win, and win with the QBs we have now..
Originally posted by 9moon:

Who wants a good team to root for, you?

SHHHHHH... keep praying for your HC... shhhhhh..

Nobody with a functional brain thinks he should go.

There's two groups who even flirt with the idea:
- The first acts as if this is the DeBartolo Niners and it's the 1980-90's still when it was an uncapped league and the franchise was ahead of the curve (mainly with a cutting edge offense) and one of the biggest spenders. Super Bowl wins are basically an entitlement to this group.
- People who are upset about Trey Lance.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Aug 28, 2023 at 1:02 PM ]

Pray?, sounds like you been praying against the 49ers for years now
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 28, 2023 at 1:03 PM ]

I just showed you one who won a SB and went to multiple playoffs in 5 yrs. Canned. Schottenheimer went 14-2 the yr he got fired. Dugey got fired after going 30-18 his last 3 yrs in TB. Made the playoffs all 3 yrs and 4 of the 6 seasons, with only one losing season (year 1).

I just showed you one who won a SB and went to multiple playoffs in 5 yrs. Canned. Schottenheimer went 14-2 the yr he got fired. Dugey got fired after going 30-18 his last 3 yrs in TB. Made the playoffs all 3 yrs and 4 of the 6 seasons, with only one losing season (year 1).

NY - so u think Kyle should go? lets all be transparent w/this..

so u think he should stay forever then.. I get it, i get it.. u believe he's a great coach.

No. I've said it about as bluntly as possible in here.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Nobody with a functional brain thinks he should go.

There's two groups who even flirt with the idea:
- The first acts as if this is the DeBartolo Niners and it's the 1980-90's still when it was an uncapped league and the franchise was ahead of the curve (mainly with a cutting edge offense) and one of the biggest spenders. Super Bowl wins are basically an entitlement to this group.
- People who are upset about Trey Lance.

I'm not THAT upset about the Trey Lance trade, but the Brick After Brick Brothers decision has been nothing but COMEDY...

NO to Brady
NO to Stafford

Trading 2 extra first rounders for Lance then giving up on the kid basically after 1 year. These are just the basic examples of why both must go..

so u think he should stay forever then.. I get it, i get it.. u believe he's a great coach.
I believe in facts and he's proven he is.

No. I've said it about as bluntly as possible in here.

ait ait.. i respect that.. but wacha think of the latest fiasco regarding trading the QB (he basically hand picked) ONLY after basically 1 year..
Share 49ersWebzone