49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
My one KS critique is as good as he is with the playsheet, he can call games tight with his decision making. Like the Juice up the gut, then punt in plus territory sequence in the NFCCG. We had a bot in real time telling us, that KS was lowering our win odds as it was happening. He should lean more into the analytics imo. Especially with this talent we have now. Rather see CMC, BA, Kittle out there on 4th down than Moody, or Wish. Plus territory punts should be abolished imo. Punts are voluntary turnovers.

Agree he's too conservative at times, especially in 4th and short situations across the 50.

Let's see if that changes with a QB he trusts and potentially a substandard kicking game. I can't necessarily blame him for not taking chances with Jim back there.

With Jimmy, we gone over all the missed plays.

Kyle trusts all his QBs, but do the QBs trust themselves ?

NYAHAHAHAHAH..... Kyle trusts all his QBs?

He gave up the farm for Lance and gave up on Lance after 4 games ??
When i say trust, i meant calling plays to see if the QB can execute (hence, the missed plays comment)

If the QB doesn't execute, thats more on the QB not trusting themselves.
My one KS critique is as good as he is with the playsheet, he can call games tight with his decision making. Like the Juice up the gut, then punt in plus territory sequence in the NFCCG. We had a bot in real time telling us, that KS was lowering our win odds as it was happening. He should lean more into the analytics imo. Especially with this talent we have now. Rather see CMC, BA, Kittle out there on 4th down than Moody, or Wish. Plus territory punts should be abolished imo. Punts are voluntary turnovers.

Agree he's too conservative at times, especially in 4th and short situations across the 50.

Let's see if that changes with a QB he trusts and potentially a substandard kicking game. I can't necessarily blame him for not taking chances with Jim back there.

When i say trust, i meant calling plays to see if the QB can execute (hence, the missed plays comment)

so WHY do you think Aaron often changes McCarthy's play calling?

.. and not sure how long you've been a 49er fan, but if you have been there around the 80s, I'd like to know if you'd blame Joe Montana on the 87 Vikings upset..

.. and not sure how long you've been a 49er fan, but if you have been there around the 80s, I'd like to know if you'd blame Joe Montana on the 87 Vikings upset..
What does Aaron, McCarthy, Montana in 87 has to do with Kyle now ?

This is about Trust and the QBs trusting themselves. We don't have time to wait on a QB that needs more than 3 yrs to throw the ball to open players
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Aug 28, 2023 at 9:55 PM ]

This is about Trust and the QBs trusting themselves. We don't have time to wait on a QB that needs more than 3 yrs to throw the ball to open players

if that's the case, they why didn't he trade for Brady or Stafford... wasn't it a better decision to give up the same farm on somone named Brady or Stafford?

.. I mean since he wanted to win asap?
Stupid question. Did we ever find out who was the one the wanted Lance? Shanny or Lynch?

if that's the case, they why didn't he trade for Brady or Stafford... wasn't it a better decision to give up the same farm on somone named Brady or Stafford?

.. I mean since he wanted to win asap?
But we didn't give up the farm, taking on those guys would have been bad moves also and probably leave us in a worse position today
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Stupid question. Did we ever find out who was the one the wanted Lance? Shanny or Lynch?

Jed

No. Its hard to say since everyone believes Kyle has absolute authority over the draft. However Trey Lance is not the prototypical Kyle QB.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Aug 29, 2023 at 7:49 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Wanting better QB play is so messy

Originally posted by NYniner85:

I knew it. Jimmy and Kyle DID NOT get along. It was clear. And I do side with Jimmy on this. Kyle has completely botched the qb situation. I hope he learns his lesson with Brock. If Brock goes down....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I knew it. Jimmy and Kyle DID NOT get along. It was clear. And I do side with Jimmy on this. Kyle has completely botched the qb situation. I hope he learns his lesson with Brock. If Brock goes down....

I don't think they got along since Lance was drafted.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

No. Its hard to say since everyone believes Kyle has absolute authority over the draft. However Trey Lance is not the prototypical Kyle QB.

I buy the Kyle wanted clay to mold the perfect QB from, and I also buy that Kyle was ballsy enough that he thought he could take a QB that had less experience then some Freshman HighSchool QBs and build the perfect QB.

He grew up on the sideline in our heyday, he has tried since day one of getting here to grab a Ricky Watters....it makes sense he wanted a Steve Young too. Lance maybe not a Kyle like QB, or I the mold of what has worked for him....but I buy it.... I think Kyle wanted Lance and pushed for him...

The only other thing that would make any sense is Jed wanted Lance hell or high-water and everyone else fell in-line.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Kyle doesn't get along with any of his QBs.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I think it was since that vikings playoff game.
Share 49ersWebzone