There are 262 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• pdc20
  • Veteran
Kyle is a weirdo as far as the QB position.
The guy thought he could do a season, 16 games, with Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley.
He didn't want to scout the QBs in 2017 because of Cousins.
He's a hell of a coach and hopefully he stays here for a while but sometimes, he's surprising as far as player evaluations.
He thought Purdy was similar to Mullens. When he said that, I thought that he never saw Purdy play with Iowa State.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Kyle is a weirdo as far as the QB position.
The guy thought he could do a season, 16 games, with Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley.
He didn't want to scout the QBs in 2017 because of Cousins.
He's a hell of a coach and hopefully he stays here for a while but sometimes, he's surprising as far as player evaluations.
He thought Purdy was similar to Mullens. When he said that, I thought that he never saw Purdy play with Iowa State.

Almost every head coach given full control has been forced to give up the GM title at some point.either by being fired or being told he will only coach the team. I am sure we are heading to Lynch or Peters having full control of the roster.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I knew it. Jimmy and Kyle DID NOT get along. It was clear. And I do side with Jimmy on this. Kyle has completely botched the qb situation. I hope he learns his lesson with Brock. If Brock goes down....

I don't think they got along since Lance was drafted.

This. Makes perfect sense. Jimmy b***hing about it right now is not really a surprise to me.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
I knew it. Jimmy and Kyle DID NOT get along. It was clear. And I do side with Jimmy on this. Kyle has completely botched the qb situation. I hope he learns his lesson with Brock. If Brock goes down....

This. Makes perfect sense. Jimmy b***hing about it right now is not really a surprise to me.

I recall reading how when the offseason hit Jimmy G was MIA and only did what he had to by contract. Kyle didnt like that.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lol won't be long until he starts talking s**t about McDaniels when he's gone in a couple of years.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Lol won't be long until he starts talking s**t about McDaniels when he's gone in a couple of years.

He'll have far more control there. So if he ends up b***hing about McDaniels, he's really b***hing about himself.

No QB likes being replaced.
Originally posted by NCommand:

He'll have far more control there. So if he ends up b***hing about McDaniels, he's really b***hing about himself.

Jimmy should focus on trying to stay healthy for once.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Stupid question. Did we ever find out who was the one the wanted Lance? Shanny or Lynch?

I still believe It was more Lynch than Kyle.

Oh no doubt.

Hey Jimmy what play you want called?

5 yard slant!

Originally posted by Sickaa:

LOL this! I had the same thought. Now if he stays healthy and is wheeling and dealing...we will certainly question this revelation.

That being said, I expect mediocrity since that's all he has ever shown IF he can even stay on the field.

He's done the best thing possible for his health by getting away from Kyle.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

He's done the best thing possible for his health by getting away from Kyle.

Ya I can't believe Kyle was telling Jimmy to try and juke defenders near the sidelines or to run with a 300 lb DL on his back.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Stupid question. Did we ever find out who was the one the wanted Lance? Shanny or Lynch?

I still believe It was more Lynch than Kyle.

I remember someone posted an article from PFT, when Shanahan was in Mexico he called Lynch. And he told Lynch that you need to take a look at this QB. who was Trey Lance.

I was certain that Lance was a Lynch pick.
Yet, Jimmy bit his pride and stayed with the Niners as a backup to Lance when his trade value was close to nil. The only thing weird was Brock Purdy came in cold as rookie 7th round and played better than both of them lol
Share 49ersWebzone