There are 270 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lol won't be long until he starts talking s**t about McDaniels when he's gone in a couple of years.

He'll have far more control there. So if he ends up b***hing about McDaniels, he's really b***hing about himself.

Oh no doubt.

Hey Jimmy what play you want called?

5 yard slant!

LMAO. Love it.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lol won't be long until he starts talking s**t about McDaniels when he's gone in a couple of years.

He'll have far more control there. So if he ends up b***hing about McDaniels, he's really b***hing about himself.
Since when has jimmy been accountable, never
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Stupid question. Did we ever find out who was the one the wanted Lance? Shanny or Lynch?

I still believe It was more Lynch than Kyle.

Both agreed and Kyle was the main guy. Like always.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Yet, Jimmy bit his pride and stayed with the Niners as a backup to Lance when his trade value was close to nil. The only thing weird was Brock Purdy came in cold as rookie 7th round and played better than both of them lol

I think a lot of folks are going to be surprised this season at how Brock and Kyle have done the Vulcan mind meld in terms of the offensive scheme. Brock is the perfect QB for Kyle. All the motions and formations tip the defenses hand to Brock and if Brock knows where to go, with his processor (which only gets better with time), Brock should just get better and better.

If we carry more than three tight ends on the 53 man roster, I'm betting the main reason is because of Brock, and how Kyle wants to change the offense to suit Brock's talents. When the TE motions, it gives the defensive coverage away, so how about two of them moving around. Its going to be a headache for defenses.
Originally posted by pdc20:
Kyle is a weirdo as far as the QB position.
The guy thought he could do a season, 16 games, with Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley.
He didn't want to scout the QBs in 2017 because of Cousins.
He's a hell of a coach and hopefully he stays here for a while but sometimes, he's surprising as far as player evaluations.
He thought Purdy was similar to Mullens. When he said that, I thought that he never saw Purdy play with Iowa State.

Griese and Kubiak are the ones behind drafting Purdy

Obviously Kyle has to agree, but they were his biggest cheerleaders
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 29, 2023 at 10:00 AM ]
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
The guy thought he could do a season, 16 games, with Brian Hoyer and Matt Barkley.
He's a hell of a coach and hopefully he stays here for a while but sometimes, he's surprising as far as player evaluations.
He thought Purdy was similar to Mullens. When he said that, I thought that he never saw Purdy play with Iowa State.

Steve Slowik too
Originally posted by boast:

Steve Slowik too

Accurate.

I remember ppl arguing with me saying 'Griese didn't do anything' on Brock lol
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yet, Jimmy bit his pride and stayed with the Niners as a backup to Lance when his trade value was close to nil. The only thing weird was Brock Purdy came in cold as rookie 7th round and played better than both of them lol

I think a lot of folks are going to be surprised this season at how Brock and Kyle have done the Vulcan mind meld in terms of the offensive scheme. Brock is the perfect QB for Kyle. All the motions and formations tip the defenses hand to Brock and if Brock knows where to go, with his processor (which only gets better with time), Brock should just get better and better.

If we carry more than three tight ends on the 53 man roster, I'm betting the main reason is because of Brock, and how Kyle wants to change the offense to suit Brock's talents. When the TE motions, it gives the defensive coverage away, so how about two of them moving around. Its going to be a headache for defenses.

Don't know how true it is but John Chapman stated the other day on his 53 man roster prediction video that the 49ers keep 4 TE's every year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Steve Slowik too

Accurate.

Got to give credit to Kyle for basically upgrading the QB coaches from Scangarello to Griese. I think Allen was another Griese find, I could be wrong. I'm still bummed about losing Trey, but hopeful for the next 49er QB that will be drafted/acquired to bolster QB3 next year. We have Sam for one year, next year we need a QB2 if we don't keep Sam somehow.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Don't know how true it is but John Chapman stated the other day on his 53 man roster prediction video that the 49ers keep 4 TE's every year.

My past recollection has been 3, but now with Purdy saying he likes to throw to TEs, I'm paying much more attention to the position this year. Specially if the two tight end set can help protect Brock better than the 11 personnel can.

Steve Slowik too

Accurate.

Got to give credit to Kyle for basically upgrading the QB coaches from Scangarello to Griese. I think Allen was another Griese find, I could be wrong. I'm still bummed about losing Trey, but hopeful for the next 49er QB that will be drafted/acquired to bolster QB3 next year. We have Sam for one year, next year we need a QB2 if we don't keep Sam somehow.

It certainly seems to be paying off.

Outside of Kocurek, we should just let all our position coaches and coordinators pick their players. LOL
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 29, 2023 at 10:24 AM ]

My past recollection has been 3, but now with Purdy saying he likes to throw to TEs, I'm paying much more attention to the position this year. Specially if the two tight end set can help protect Brock better than the 11 personnel can.

I really enjoyed his connections with Kittle last year.

Just go here and filter by the September rosters: https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SF

Just go here and filter by the September rosters: https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/SF

So basically its been 3 TE's up until last year when we kept 4.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 29, 2023 at 10:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone