There are 224 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by boast:
We are in year 7 with shanny. All of our eggs are in the purdy basket. If purdy for some reason doesn't work out we are left with an aging team with multiple draft busts and no championships to show for it.

This is a big year for Shanahan.

Shanny doesnt see it that way. if Purdy stumbles, he believes he can win with Darnold. it's why he's here.

all these fans trying to put Kyle on the hot seat is hilarious.

Im not putting him on the hotseat. I'm acknowledging the pressure he put on himself.

You've been putting Shanny on the hot seat for the past 2 years.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
We are in year 7 with shanny. All of our eggs are in the purdy basket. If purdy for some reason doesn't work out we are left with an aging team with multiple draft busts and no championships to show for it.

Shanny doesnt see it that way. if Purdy stumbles, he believes he can win with Darnold. it's why he's here.

all these fans trying to put Kyle on the hot seat is hilarious.

Im not putting him on the hotseat. I'm acknowledging the pressure he put on himself.

You've been putting Shanny on the hot seat for the past 2 years.

True, but I didn't intend to with that specific post.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
My one KS critique is as good as he is with the playsheet, he can call games tight with his decision making. Like the Juice up the gut, then punt in plus territory sequence in the NFCCG. We had a bot in real time telling us, that KS was lowering our win odds as it was happening. He should lean more into the analytics imo. Especially with this talent we have now. Rather see CMC, BA, Kittle out there on 4th down than Moody, or Wish. Plus territory punts should be abolished imo. Punts are voluntary turnovers.

Agree he's too conservative at times, especially in 4th and short situations across the 50.

Let's see if that changes with a QB he trusts and potentially a substandard kicking game. I can't necessarily blame him for not taking chances with Jim back there.

With Jimmy, we gone over all the missed plays.

Kyle trusts all his QBs, but do the QBs trust themselves ?

NYAHAHAHAHAH..... Kyle trusts all his QBs?

He gave up the farm for Lance and gave up on Lance after 4 games ??
When i say trust, i meant calling plays to see if the QB can execute (hence, the missed plays comment)

If the QB doesn't execute, thats more on the QB not trusting themselves.

so WHY do you think Aaron often changes McCarthy's play calling?

.. and not sure how long you've been a 49er fan, but if you have been there around the 80s, I'd like to know if you'd blame Joe Montana on the 87 Vikings upset..
What does Aaron, McCarthy, Montana in 87 has to do with Kyle now ?

This is about Trust and the QBs trusting themselves. We don't have time to wait on a QB that needs more than 3 yrs to throw the ball to open players

if that's the case, they why didn't he trade for Brady or Stafford... wasn't it a better decision to give up the same farm on somone named Brady or Stafford?

.. I mean since he wanted to win asap?
But we didn't give up the farm, taking on those guys would have been bad moves also and probably leave us in a worse position today

Uve gots to be joking.. . RIGHT??

Brady would have cost us what?

Stafford's cost would have been as bad as Trey's, but we woulda won the Super Bowl w/him, or with Tom even.

the way I see it, Shanny did not want those QBs because both would have bigger than him and the QBs would have also gotten the credit instead of him..

there is no valid reason as to why he gave up what he gave up for Trey but did not want to give that up for Stafford..
i'm joking, you pretending all these guarantees would have happened. stay in the real world bud. lets take a look

Brady, He was looking real bad coming off that 2019 season. Aren't you blaming Kyle for letting Lance go, but you would be ok letting Jimmy go off a Superbowl run. You don't make sense with that logic. Also how can you fit Jimmy's Guaranteed dead cap 30 mill and sign Brady for 30 mil ? no way would any sane person do that combo

Stafford, Why don't you remember Stafford had his limitations also. While Mcvay got lucky, not one person was thinking Stafford is a Superbowl winning QB. How are the rams and stafford doing now ?

Kyle not wanting the QB to get credit is craziest thing to even think of lol, QB has been the face of every franchise good or bad

BRADY WAS LOOKING BAD COMING OFF THE 2019 SEASON.. and all he did was played so badly and won a Super Bowl for Tampa Bay.. who cares about the ProBowl and the other accolades.

BRADY WAS LOOKING BAD COMING OFF THE 2019 SEASON .. and Kyle rather stayed w/a QB like Grappy that he was not all in..

STAFFORD HAD HIS LIMITATIONS ... and his limited Shanny and to another 2nd place in the NFC even after being up 10 points..

STAFFORD HAD HIS LIMITATIONS... that on 3rd and 4 (or so), his limited ability could not be stopped by Shanny and his D on getting the ball to his most obvious target in Kupp.

.. WHILE Shanny is so great and unlimited that he stopped using his best asset (running game) against KC in the Super Bowl or calling 44's # on 4th and 2 instead of getting the ball to his best player in 19..
Yes Brady played so badly the patriots didn't want him nor did a lot of other teams

yes Brady played so badly Jimmy was the guy everyone was on board with, even Kyle after the 2019 season

yes a limited stafford only reason he made it to the SB because he played a even more limited qb in jimmy

since you don't remember how we got into 3rd longs since the run was stuffed, would you still run on 3rd and long after it being able to run the plays prior?

you seem to never listen to the answers anyone's given and just keep asking questions. You can learn something if you stop answering with untrue questions

.. correction ... Brady did not want to play for the Patriots again nor w/the other teams BUT wanted to play for the 49ers..

... correct.. a limited Stafford could have gotten us to the Super Bowl and we could have had our 6th ring.. don't forget who PICKED Jimmy over Stafford.

.. I fully remember the KC fiasco and it's obvious that you don't... maybe you need to watch it again so that you can wonder why 26 started over 31.. and why 19 was not used very much in the 2nd half... KC players themselves told the whole world that they prayed for the 49ers to stop running the ball.. I guess you and your HC were the only two who believed in JIMMY (of all games) that time..

.. what answers, like how you just bow down on every move Shanny makes because he's such a very good play designer?
Originally posted by tjd808185:

If Purdy busts it certainly is a huge blow no denying that but one must consider why Brock Purdy is starting in the 1st place. He's a system guy. If he fails Shanny will always have a couple other guys he feels can run it. You can find Jimmy G level qb's.

PURDY becomes a 7 game wonder, and Shanny's days DONE !!
career achievements
  • Rattay is one of only three 7th-round or undrafted quarterback since 1995 (out of a pool of 30 such players) to pass for more than 400 yards in a game. Matt Cassel accomplished this twice in 2008, and Tony Romo in 2010.
Rattay broke the San Francisco 49ers team record for the most completions in a 31–28 win against the Arizona Cardinals on October 10, 2004, when he completed 38 passes, breaking Joe Montana's record of 37.[13] Rattay is the only quarterback in NFL history to throw three consecutive passes all going for touchdowns, as he did for the Arizona Cardinals in 2007.[14] Rattay was responsible for the biggest comeback in Buccaneers history on December 17, 2006, when he led the team back from a 21-point 3rd quarter deficit against the eventual NFC Champion Chicago Bears, throwing for three touchdowns in the fourth quarter and sending the game into overtime before the Buccaneers lost, 34–31.[15] No one can say for sure about Purdy; lets hope he isn't this guy. His tenure in SF started off ok, then he fizzled out. Of course, that was an era of pathetic 49er coaching, and a clueless front office.
Love it when Kyle claps back at reporters

He did today?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

He did today?

Yeah at the end of the presser someone asked him about Jimmy G's comments and Kyle got a little snappy
Yeah at the end of the presser someone asked him about Jimmy G's comments and Kyle got a little snappy

Kyle never takes shots at players, even when they tee it up, lol. Best he could muster was commenting on JG's injuries.

Would be lying if I wouldn't enjoy hearing his real thoughts about Jimmy the QB outside of injuries. Good comedy.

He did today?

He did today?

Salty Kyle is the best Kyle
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

He did today?

Salty Kyle is the best Kyle

It's not every day that a 7th rounder QB out performs a round 1 pick 3 QB that cost the ballclub three first rounders and also outperformed a veteran QB that's played in the NFL 7+ years. It's been a really unusual QB situation since Trey was drafted, for sure, and Jimmy's salty about that because they up front (truthfully) told him that he's not going to be their QB because he can't stay healthy. That would piss anyone off, in my opinion, specially if that QB took them to multiple championships and a super bowl. Kyle, I think, is still mad at himself for picking Trey and not realizing Trey's durability was just as atrocious as Jimmy. So it came out in both interviews I think. I"m sure Joe was pissed off at Walsh for cutting him for Steve, but both eventually got over it.
Originally posted by Giedi:
It's not every day that a 7th rounder QB out performs a round 1 pick 3 QB that cost the ballclub three first rounders and also outperformed a veteran QB that's played in the NFL 7+ years. It's been a really unusual QB situation since Trey was drafted, for sure, and Jimmy's salty about that because they up front (truthfully) told him that he's not going to be their QB because he can't stay healthy. That would piss anyone off, in my opinion, specially if that QB took them to multiple championships and a super bowl. Kyle, I think, is still mad at himself for picking Trey and not realizing Trey's durability was just as atrocious as Jimmy. So it came out in both interviews I think. I"m sure Joe was pissed off at Walsh for cutting him for Steve, but both eventually got over it.

what kind of alternate history is this?

Joe was never cut by Walsh
Originally posted by Giedi:

what kind of alternate history is this?

Joe was never cut by Walsh

Nor did he ever get over it.

Don't worry they have a plan. If Brock and Sam both suck he can get Captain Kirk and it all comes full circle. Quest for 6
Share 49ersWebzone