49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
The irony of Kyle's legacy being tied to a practice squad Mr. Irrelevant QB after 7 years is absolutely insane to think about.

Football makes no sense sometimes.
More like another QB flourishing in Kyle's system

Kyle's system??

bruh, or should I call you Kyle... how can u repeatedly post such thing, B-Rocks only won 7 games... What is the excuse w/Hoyer... CJ... and the latest one... LANCE !!

oh that's right, he gave up on Lance after 4 games and that's after HANDING him the job w/o beating Grappy...
Every QB that has played for Kyle has had their best seasons under him. That is nothing new.

will Brock continue to progress, time will tell.

EVERY QB ???

You're basically saying that Lance will not be better than what he shown when he was here w/the 49ers..
I'm just stating the current facts. Jimmy and Lance still have a chance to be the first QBs to break this trend
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
The irony of Kyle's legacy being tied to a practice squad Mr. Irrelevant QB after 7 years is absolutely insane to think about.

Kyle's system??

bruh, or should I call you Kyle... how can u repeatedly post such thing, B-Rocks only won 7 games... What is the excuse w/Hoyer... CJ... and the latest one... LANCE !!

oh that's right, he gave up on Lance after 4 games and that's after HANDING him the job w/o beating Grappy...
Every QB that has played for Kyle has had their best seasons under him. That is nothing new.

EVERY QB ???

You're basically saying that Lance will not be better than what he shown when he was here w/the 49ers..
I'm just stating the current facts. Jimmy and Lance still have a chance to be the first QBs to break this trend

Personally, I think Moon is right, in the sense that Lance has a good chance at not being a good QB. Having said that, I'm a big Trey Lance fan and saw progress and I still think he'll be a good QB in the NFL, maybe not in Dallas, but possibly somewhere else. But back to Moon's point. Trey's chance of being a good QB would have been excellent here because of Kyle. The MAIN reason Kyle released Trey is because he had Brock. What a lucky find! Brock is a generational talent, in my opinion. Between investing in a generational talent and investing in a first round talent, I'd invest in a generational talent myself. More bang for the buck, so to speak.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Kyle's system??

EVERY QB ???

Personally, I think Moon is right, in the sense that Lance has a good chance at not being a good QB. Having said that, I'm a big Trey Lance fan and saw progress and I still think he'll be a good QB in the NFL, maybe not in Dallas, but possibly somewhere else. But back to Moon's point. Trey's chance of being a good QB would have been excellent here because of Kyle. The MAIN reason Kyle released Trey is because he had Brock. What a lucky find! Brock is a generational talent, in my opinion. Between investing in a generational talent and investing in a first round talent, I'd invest in a generational talent myself. More bang for the buck, so to speak.

w/o any sarcasm, I hope B-Rock is or will be a generational talent.. but we can't base it on the 7 games from last year.. Let's hope it does continue, and get us more rings..

ONE THING'S FOR SURE THO.. 2023 is B-Rocks !!!
Kyle couldn't have said it more succinctly

Originally posted by boast:

Yup this has been my take. JG was good per KS, but injured. All the missed action took a toll. They decided to move on. TL wasn't ready 2022. BP was a blessing. That's the story folks.

Kyle discovered quickly that Trey didn't have the thinking/processing ability to run his system, the rest is his history.
Originally posted by mattster03:

Kyle discovered quickly that Trey didn't have the thinking/processing ability to run his system, the rest is his history.

Yup. The playcalling when trey was in made it painfully.obvious that they weren't a good fit. It was a disaster from the start.

At least not yet he didn't, and it's hard to fault Trey with such little real playing time.

QUICKLY - u fully believe that AFTER 4 games, it was enough to say Kyle's seen enough ??

... so what was his excuse for not taking Brady?

Beyond massive mistake that upsets me till this day
QUICKLY - u fully believe that AFTER 4 games, it was enough to say Kyle's seen enough ??

2 full years + a third camp/preseason in the building. That included the 4 starts you mentioned plus 8 preseason appearances and other sporadic time.

The film shows how far away he is. It's not a mystery.

not sure why JG is acting butt hurt, he had his moments for us but the dude was a few fries short of a happy meal to have long term consistent success in KS system

he didnt give one but let's not act like Brady wasn't coming off his worst statistical year and had elbow and foot issues in the second half of the '19 season. a lot of people thought Tom was donezo that year. plus, Jimmy had just helped guide the team to the postseason in '19.
[ Edited by boast on Aug 31, 2023 at 1:37 PM ]
he didnt give one but let's not act like Brady wasn't coming off his worst statistical year and had elbow and foot issues in the second half of the season. a lot of people thought Tom was donezo that year. plus, Jimmy had just helped guide the team to the postseason in '19.

All of this.
Share 49ersWebzone