There are 258 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

honestly the #2 pick for cousins is still better than drafting Thomas at #3
  • thl408
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

All things that led to Bosa was worth it. I wouldn't change one thing that happened in 2017 and 2018. Thomas/Foster busting, Jimmy's ACL, all of that, worth it.
Originally posted by thl408:

All things that led to Bosa was worth it. I wouldn't change one thing that happened in 2017 and 2018. Thomas/Foster busting, Jimmy's ACL, all of that, worth it.

Tomsula and kelly led us to kyle too

Look my man I love what you're saying. But you really gonna say f**k Mahomes take Solly cause that led to Bosa?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Look my man I love what you're saying. But you really gonna say f**k Mahomes take Solly cause that led to Bosa?
we all know time is not linear, so picking Mahomes would not guarantee we get the mahomes today
Can we just have him coach and have no GM duties?
  • thl408

hmm since you put it that way...that would be the only alternative I would accept (no Bosa, yes Mahomes).
Since this has to do with Cousins, I'm glad that trade didn't happen. I'd rather have Thomas bust than Cousins.

hmm since you put it that way...that would be the only alternative I would accept (no Bosa, yes Mahomes).
Since this has to do with Cousins, I'm glad that trade didn't happen. I'd rather have Thomas bust than Cousins.

Agreed on the ladder

This

Honestly the fact that kyle was willing to give up 2nd overall for Kirk is wild. Imo this is why you don't give the HC complete control of roster building.

• thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Honestly the fact that kyle was willing to give up 2nd overall for Kirk is wild. Imo this is why you don't give the HC complete control of roster building.

I don't know if Kyle comes to SF if he didn't have a large say in player personnel. SF was a joke at the time of Kyle's hiring.

Objectively better than drafting thomas at 3 though

in hindsight

and yet the guy with control completely turned over and rebuilt the roster from the ground up into a dominate contender in just 3 short years.
[ Edited by boast on Sep 8, 2023 at 11:49 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:

and yet the guy with control completely turned over and rebuilt the roster from the ground up into a dominate contender in just 3 short years.

Wow I just remembered that 1st year with JL and KS and ALL the players they got rid of. Don't think I've ever seen a new regime clean that much house when they first arrived. So amazing how quickly they were able to put a contender together.
Originally posted by boast:

And? I didn't say everything he's done was bad. Im talking about the QB position…I do think the QB situation has been a s**t show with no real structure to how we got here. I don't see how having a legit GM with some real say would be a negative.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 8, 2023 at 5:20 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone