There are 369 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by thl408:
hmm since you put it that way...that would be the only alternative I would accept (no Bosa, yes Mahomes).
Since this has to do with Cousins, I'm glad that trade didn't happen. I'd rather have Thomas bust than Cousins.

Honestly the fact that kyle was willing to give up 2nd overall for Kirk is wild. Imo this is why you don't give the HC complete control of roster building.

and yet the guy with control completely turned over and rebuilt the roster from the ground up into a dominate contender in just 3 short years.

And? I didn't say everything he's done was bad. Im talking about the QB position…I do think the QB situation has been a s**t show with no real structure to how we got here. I don't see how having a legit GM with some real say would be a negative.
Let's not act like every team has a drafted HOF qb now
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Wow I just remembered that 1st year with JL and KS and ALL the players they got rid of. Don't think I've ever seen a new regime clean that much house when they first arrived. So amazing how quickly they were able to put a contender together.

Yeah they had a f**k ton of cash to burn and overall they're the reason we are where we are. It's great, we have an amazing HC. My point is sometimes having a HC be the final say in everything with personnel building isn't the way to go.

even Walsh (while had a ton of say) had McVay
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
honestly the #2 pick for cousins is still better than drafting Thomas at #3

All things that led to Bosa was worth it. I wouldn't change one thing that happened in 2017 and 2018. Thomas/Foster busting, Jimmy's ACL, all of that, worth it.

Look my man I love what you're saying. But you really gonna say f**k Mahomes take Solly cause that led to Bosa?

LOL. Bosa couldn't even help us win a Superbowl up 10 with 7 minutes to go. That defense instead, gave up 21 points.

That was then and this is now. NOW, he needs to help close s**t out (something Lynch always talks about too).
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
honestly the #2 pick for cousins is still better than drafting Thomas at #3

All things that led to Bosa was worth it. I wouldn't change one thing that happened in 2017 and 2018. Thomas/Foster busting, Jimmy's ACL, all of that, worth it.

Look my man I love what you're saying. But you really gonna say f**k Mahomes take Solly cause that led to Bosa?

LOL. Bosa couldn't even help us win a Superbowl up 10 with 7 minutes to go. That defense instead, gave up 21 points.

That was then and this is now. NOW, he needs to help close s**t out (something Lynch always talks about too).
Bosa can't beat the chefs and the refs
Wow I just remembered that 1st year with JL and KS and ALL the players they got rid of. Don't think I've ever seen a new regime clean that much house when they first arrived. So amazing how quickly they were able to put a contender together.

Yeah they had a f**k ton of cash to burn and overall they're the reason we are where we are. It's great, we have an amazing HC. My point is sometimes having a HC be the final say in everything with personnel building isn't the way to go.

No one is right all the time, it's important to have a check balance - as long as they work well together. I don't think it's healthy for a team to have a HC/GM, like belichick is. Without Brady, he hasn't been anything special. He's an all time great head coach but he's had a lot of terrible drafts and free agent signings. Brady's greatness masked a lot of the teams issues, they went went to the super bowl with one of the worst defenses in the nfl one year - yards wise.

but it's worked. no team is gonna be perfect. like i said, i'll take what Kyle's done so far and where the team is at over adding some other controlling presence that could f**k with the positive chemistry the team currently enjoys in the FO.

Lance losing the job to Purdy really turned you off.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Complete 180
but it's worked. no team is gonna be perfect. like i said, i'll take what Kyle's done so far and where the team is at over adding some other controlling presence that could f**k with the positive chemistry the team currently enjoys in the FO.

I mean they have a great team, no doubt about it. Again what I'm talking about is the QB position and overall it's been a s**t show mostly every step of the way.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Complete 180

The QB position overall has been a s**t show. Acting like it hasn't isn't being objective about the situation and how kyle has handled it. I love Kyle the HC and the roster overall is bad ass. I do think having a GM much like Walsh had would be an improvement. You don't?

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Bosa can't beat the chefs and the refs

And having a QB that was f**king awful in the 4th QR doesn't help either. Kyle put him there and passed on others along the way and after.

I mean they have a great team, no doubt about it. Again what I'm talking about is the QB position and overall it's been a s**t show mostly every step of the way.

the 49er QB position has been a s**t show since at least 2003 when Garcia was released. finding a FQB isnt as easy as just adding a "legit GM"
Originally posted by tankle104:
No one is right all the time, it's important to have a check balance - as long as they work well together. I don't think it's healthy for a team to have a HC/GM, like belichick is. Without Brady, he hasn't been anything special. He's an all time great head coach but he's had a lot of terrible drafts and free agent signings. Brady's greatness masked a lot of the teams issues, they went went to the super bowl with one of the worst defenses in the nfl one year - yards wise.

Bingo.
lol who is this proven legit GM that will finally find the team a FQB?
The QB position overall has been a s**t show. Acting like it hasn't isn't being objective about the situation and how kyle has handled it. I love Kyle the HC and the roster overall is bad ass. I do think having a GM much like Walsh had would be an improvement. You don't?

Mentioned it before, when you were saying this, but there were two critical mistakes we made that a high quality GM wouldn't have:

1. Not evaluating QB prospects at the top of the 17 draft.

- Evaluating them doesn't mean we would have taken one, but skipping out on the process is a categorical failure in the basic GM responsibility department.

2. Spending 3 1sts on a project QB with no experience when the team was in position to win right away.

Outside of those two things, and around them, I think their moves at the position have been fairly standard. And having a traditional GM may have prevented those mistakes but you potentially sacrifice the other gains they've made up to and including having Kyle as a HC at all.
Share 49ersWebzone