George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 159 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
So he's tied for longest. Yeah the point being most coaches would have already been fired given the results. And that's without making the worst trade in NFL history.

The results : Completely rebuilt this roster from the ground up and reestablished a winning culture here. Has 2 NFCCG appearances and one SB appearance in his first 6 seasons.

Thank you for pointing this out because that post was really misleading. Coaches that are fired after 6 years aren't simply fired for not winning the Super Bowl. They are fired because they hardly win any games period.
Lose the jag game lose your job.

This one is likely make or break for him. We win the season can be salvaged. We lose probably miss the playoffs.

Too much. We could win and still miss the playoffs. We can lose and make it. 5-4 is not elimination and 6-3 doesn't give you automatic entrance. Suppose we win but the same defensive, offensive, bd kicking issues persist? I want to win but want this mess cleaned up, otherwise making the playoffs won't matter much.

Also, I don't want Kyle fired but if it ever came to that, it would royally suck to lose Kyle after already losing Robert Saleh, Mike McDaniel, and DeMeco Ryans.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
So he's tied for longest. Yeah the point being most coaches would have already been fired given the results. And that's without making the worst trade in NFL history.

The results : Completely rebuilt this roster from the ground up and reestablished a winning culture here. Has 2 NFCCG appearances and one SB appearance in his first 6 seasons.

Thank you for pointing this out because that post was really misleading. Coaches that are fired after 6 years aren't simply fired for not winning the Super Bowl. They are fired because they hardly win any games period.

They get fired all the time. Look at shanahans overall win loss record. Look at guys like Jason Garrett for the cowboys who consistently put up good seasons got fired, hugh Jackman when he turned the browns around... Hell look at how much leash harbaugh got...

Hin and McDermott both should be in the hot seat.

This one is likely make or break for him. We win the season can be salvaged. We lose probably miss the playoffs.

Too much. We could win and still miss the playoffs. We can lose and make it. 5-4 is not elimination and 6-3 doesn't give you automatic entrance. Suppose we win but the same defensive, offensive, bd kicking issues persist? I want to win but want this mess cleaned up, otherwise making the playoffs won't matter much.

Also, I don't want Kyle fired but if it ever came to that, it would royally suck to lose Kyle after already losing Robert Saleh, Mike McDaniel, and DeMeco Ryans.

If we lose do you have any confidence we could win 4 games in a row from the wildcard spot. I don't see it...

Kyles coaching seems worse these last 3 games than any time prior. Hes doing the worst with the most talent.

I don't literally mean he's getting fired if he loses the jags game. I see it as a tipping point. If he loses this game this is the start of it all falling apart IMO. Jags are a good up and coming team. If we are good we should be able to put them away. If we are middling we will lose.

He loses I see 8-9 as a real possibility and missing the playoffs. Losing these last 3 games has taken any margin or error out which means we have to go on a run now.

If he is fired in a year or two because we miss the playoffs I see this game as the tipping point why.

Even the die hard shanahan fans are not as enamoured with him after seeing him lose these last 3. It's not a question of talent. All 3 could have been won from the sidelines in my opinion. If play calling was better and scheme was better.

They get fired all the time. Look at shanahans overall win loss record. Look at guys like Jason Garrett for the cowboys who consistently put up good seasons got fired, hugh Jackman when he turned the browns around... Hell look at how much leash harbaugh got...

If we lose do you have any confidence we could win 4 games in a row from the wildcard spot. I don't see it...

Kyles coaching seems worse these last 3 games than any time prior. Hes doing the worst with the most talent.

I don't literally mean he's getting fired if he loses the jags game. I see it as a tipping point. If he loses this game this is the start of it all falling apart IMO. Jags are a good up and coming team. If we are good we should be able to put them away. If we are middling we will lose.

He loses I see 8-9 as a real possibility and missing the playoffs. Losing these last 3 games has taken any margin or error out which means we have to go on a run now.

If he is fired in a year or two because we miss the playoffs I see this game as the tipping point why.

Even the die hard shanahan fans are not as enamoured with him after seeing him lose these last 3. It's not a question of talent. All 3 could have been won from the sidelines in my opinion. If play calling was better and scheme was better.

I'm saying its going to take more than one game. Win or lose, I have no confidence. I'm stunned this team can play this poorly for 3 straight weeks. If he did lose his job, yes I can see this as a tipping point. I'm pro Kyle, but I've never had this little faith in him. Even in 2017 when I thought we wouldn't win a game, I still had faith. But facts are facts. No coach, including Andy Reid and Nick Sirianni has been given as much across the board. Teams are doing more with less weekly. I'll give it to Kyle that he never had a Stafford, Mahommes, or even a Hurts. But Purdy is enough. I don't think this team would be 8-0, but 7-1 or even 6-2 isn't asking for much. 5-3 sounds too mediocre for this much talent.

I'm saying its going to take more than one game. Win or lose, I have no confidence. I'm stunned this team can play this poorly for 3 straight weeks. If he did lose his job, yes I can see this as a tipping point. I'm pro Kyle, but I've never had this little faith in him. Even in 2017 when I thought we wouldn't win a game, I still had faith. But facts are facts. No coach, including Andy Reid and Nick Sirianni has been given as much across the board. Teams are doing more with less weekly. I'll give it to Kyle that he never had a Stafford, Mahommes, or even a Hurts. But Purdy is enough. I don't think this team would be 8-0, but 7-1 or even 6-2 isn't asking for much. 5-3 sounds too mediocre for this much talent.

WITH all the talent in the world on both sides of the field, it should out-weight the weaknesses of the average players... in short, BLAME ARROW SHOULD BE POINTING ON THE HC..

Honestly the worst part is in my opinion it's been mostly coaching.

A good coach can hurt the opposing team multiple ways. His gameplan the last 3 weeks has been the same as the entire season.

This team is so good we literally probably could have handed the ball off 40 times in variations of runs to beat the browns and the Vikings. Just won with overwhelming talent.

That would have involved changing the gameplan and identity week to week which good coaches can do.

He seems worse now than prior. His insistence on forcing it to mcaffrey is hard to watch. Never running up the middle is hard to watch. Never chipping the opposing teams players (except for the cowboys) is hard to watch. No screens, no play action. No handoffs and snaps under center...

He has a million options but won't change it up week to week or do what is necessary to win consistently against 4 good teams.

A good coach can hurt the opposing team multiple ways. His gameplan the last 3 weeks has been the same as the entire season.

This team is so good we literally probably could have handed the ball off 40 times in variations of runs to beat the browns and the Vikings. Just won with overwhelming talent.

That would have involved changing the gameplan and identity week to week which good coaches can do.

He seems worse now than prior. His insistence on forcing it to mcaffrey is hard to watch. Never running up the middle is hard to watch. Never chipping the opposing teams players (except for the cowboys) is hard to watch. No screens, no play action. No handoffs and snaps under center...

He has a million options but won't change it up week to week or do what is necessary to win consistently against 4 good teams.

for 4 years now, I've stated that Shanny does NOT know how to game plan.. he calls nice looking plays over and over, but it does not mean he can game plan.. why do you all think he suck MOST when we get behind..

the dude does not know how to find and expose the opposing team's weakness.
Originally posted by 9moon:

for 4 years now, I've stated that Shanny does NOT know how to game plan.. he calls nice looking plays over and over, but it does not mean he can game plan.. why do you all think he suck MOST when we get behind..

When you're right,you're right.

There isn't a defense out there that can do all of the following at the same time

1. Stop McCaffrey as a runner
2. Stop McCaffrey as a receiver
3. Stop Deebo in the open field.
4. Cover Aiyuk.
5. Cover Juice out the backfield.
6. Cover Kittle
7. Cover Gray deep (if healthy)
8. Handle the battering ram that is Jordan Mason.

No team is doing that all at the same time. This team can attack teams so many ways with all that talent. I won't even accept O-line as an excuse because coaches do more with less every freaking week.

Id like us to go after defenses weaknesses, which I don't think we do consistently because if we did, we'd see far more variety in the game plans.

The problems with this team fall primarily in the offensive and defensive play callers. Everything else is just a symptom of a bigger problem.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Lol

There isn't a defense out there that can do all of the following at the same time

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

No team is doing that all at the same time. This team can attack teams so many ways with all that talent. I won't even accept O-line as an excuse because coaches do more with less every freaking week.

Id like us to go after defenses weaknesses, which I don't think we do consistently because if we did, we'd see far more variety in the game plans.

The problems with this team fall primarily in the offensive and defensive play callers. Everything else is just a symptom of a bigger problem.

GLAD someone listens...

The NFCCG alone vs the Rams showed how LIMITED Kyle's ability as a HC.. Stupid Rams HC spot us 10 points, and 2 dumb instant replay challenge, and all the blame wento Grappy and the drop INT...

Kyle EGO is not lesser than Martz...BOTH rather their his ways than WIN by any means..

• bud49
  • Veteran

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

The NFCCG alone vs the Rams showed how LIMITED Kyle's ability as a HC.. Stupid Rams HC spot us 10 points, and 2 dumb instant replay challenge, and all the blame wento Grappy and the drop INT...

Kyle EGO is not lesser than Martz...BOTH rather their his ways than WIN by any means..

Just a question who would replace Kyle has HC and would the 49ers do this mid season and probably ruin all playoff hopes or wait to the end of the year?
Originally posted by bud49:

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

Just a question who would replace Kyle has HC and would the 49ers do this mid season and probably ruin all playoff hopes or wait to the end of the year?
He's just a hater, he won't answer you.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

Bruce arians, Chip Kelley, Harbaugh, Hue Jackson... Just to name some.

Honestly he should just fire wilks and bring Rex Ryan, tomsula, or fangio, zimmer as some have said.

They would not do it mid season. Jed literally just gave them an extension. This probably buys shanny at least 2 more years. It shouldn't but it probably does.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

Bruce arians, Chip Kelley, Harbaugh, Hue Jackson... Just to name some.

Honestly he should just fire wilks and bring Rex Ryan, tomsula, or fangio, zimmer as some have said.

They would not do it mid season. Jed literally just gave them an extension. This probably buys shanny at least 2 more years. It shouldn't but it probably does.

Stop posting
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Stop posting

A guy complaining about Kyles scheme and references Jim Harbaugh and Chip Kelly. Good lord.
Share 49ersWebzone