LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 168 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He's just a hater, he won't answer you.

Not true. He wants the 6th best coach in the big 10.
I don't see any other good team having these slumps every season because all the good teams play poorly from time to time but we are the only ones that play like s**t for a month and a half every year.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
I don't see any other good team having these slumps every season because all the good teams play poorly from time to time but we are the only ones that play like s**t for a month and a half every year.

he schemes the bad slumps every season.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
he schemes the bad slumps every season.

Freaking genius
[ Edited by Monsterniner on Nov 5, 2023 at 10:01 PM ]
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
He's just a hater, he won't answer you.

Not true. He wants the 6th best coach in the big 10.

Will he be able to bring Stalion with him? lol
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Lose the jag game lose your job.

This one is likely make or break for him. We win the season can be salvaged. We lose probably miss the playoffs.

Lol

Kyle just signed an extension haha. Kyle isn't telling CMC to fumble in the RZ or telling Brock to throw a bunch of INTs. He's not telling our D to forget to tackle.

I do put blame on him for hiring wilks. I mean at some point having as much turnover as we've had all along the coaching ranks and in the FO was gonna show.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

Yet they turn it around and somehow find themselves making a deep playoff run when most fans wanna look forward to the draft
First place in the NFC West, the team wasn't gonna go undefeated.
I have faith in how he is handling this.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Not as solid of a guarantee as Jimmy G's record as a starter....but I'll take it.
Any team in history ever lost 3 straight and go on to win the Super Bowl?
[ Edited by Patton on Nov 6, 2023 at 8:19 AM ]

Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Not as solid of a guarantee as Jimmy G's record as a starter....but I'll take it.

Guarantee?
Originally posted by Patton:

2021 Rams

I didn't look further back
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Patton:

2021 Rams

I didn't look further back

Some people in here really are clueless. They literally think that every SB winner basically goes undefeated or never lose a couple of games.
They get fired all the time. Look at shanahans overall win loss record. Look at guys like Jason Garrett for the cowboys who consistently put up good seasons got fired, hugh Jackman when he turned the browns around... Hell look at how much leash harbaugh got...

Bruce arians, Chip Kelley, Harbaugh, Hue Jackson... Just to name some.

Honestly he should just fire wilks and bring Rex Ryan, tomsula, or fangio, zimmer as some have said.

They would not do it mid season. Jed literally just gave them an extension. This probably buys shanny at least 2 more years. It shouldn't but it probably does.

Hue Jackson has a career w/l record of 11-44 and he went 3-36 in Cleveland.

Jason Garrett has a career w/l record of 85-67 in 10 seasons as Cowboys HC. They had double digit win seasons in 3 of his 10 years there and went to the playoffs only 3 out of the 10 years he coached Dallas and never made it past the divisional round of the playoffs. He is 2-3 in the post season.

Bruce Arians needed Tom Brady as his QB to finally get over the hump and win a SB.

Chip Kelly failed twice over in the NFL as a HC.

-------------------------------------------------

If anything, these posts are making the case as to exactly why Shanahan deserved that extension. Grass is not looking greener on the other side if this is the best you got.
[ Edited by evil on Nov 6, 2023 at 9:13 AM ]
Originally posted by evil:
They get fired all the time. Look at shanahans overall win loss record. Look at guys like Jason Garrett for the cowboys who consistently put up good seasons got fired, hugh Jackman when he turned the browns around... Hell look at how much leash harbaugh got...

Bruce arians, Chip Kelley, Harbaugh, Hue Jackson... Just to name some.

Honestly he should just fire wilks and bring Rex Ryan, tomsula, or fangio, zimmer as some have said.

They would not do it mid season. Jed literally just gave them an extension. This probably buys shanny at least 2 more years. It shouldn't but it probably does.

Hue Jackson has a career w/l record of 11-44 and he went 3-36 in Cleveland.

Jason Garrett has a career w/l record of 85-67 in 10 seasons as Cowboys HC. They had double digit win seasons in 3 of his 10 years there and went to the playoffs only 3 out of the 10 years he coached Dallas and never made it past the divisional round of the playoffs. He is 2-3 in the post season.

Bruce Arians needed Tom Brady as his QB to finally get over the hump and win a SB.

Chip Kelly failed twice over in the NFL as a HC.

-------------------------------------------------

If anything, these posts are making the case as to exactly why Shanahan deserved that extension. Grass is not looking greener on the other side if this is the best you got.

Lol. Garrett is shanahan 2.0. he's a choker too.

Jackson is the only reason the browns are good now. He took them from lions bad and rebuilt the team and was fired before getting the fruits he sowed. He also had to deal with the raiders and browns which are always dysfunctional.

Just because Kelly failed twice does not mean he couldn't get to at least 500 win percentage like shanahan with top 3 talent every year. He was sunk by gabbert or kap.

Saw you posted nothing about harbaugh probably because it does not support your argument.

Arians needed Brady to win... This is the richest one yet.. this is an even bigger knock against shanahan because you know who wanted to play here prior to winning his last SB? One Tom Brady... He grew up in the bay area and would have come here for peanuts.

Shanahan didn't want him... So if anything this is an even bigger knock against shanahan. Arians actually won a SB
Share 49ersWebzone