LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 146 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by evil:
They get fired all the time. Look at shanahans overall win loss record. Look at guys like Jason Garrett for the cowboys who consistently put up good seasons got fired, hugh Jackman when he turned the browns around... Hell look at how much leash harbaugh got...

Bruce arians, Chip Kelley, Harbaugh, Hue Jackson... Just to name some.

Honestly he should just fire wilks and bring Rex Ryan, tomsula, or fangio, zimmer as some have said.

They would not do it mid season. Jed literally just gave them an extension. This probably buys shanny at least 2 more years. It shouldn't but it probably does.

Hue Jackson has a career w/l record of 11-44 and he went 3-36 in Cleveland.

Jason Garrett has a career w/l record of 85-67 in 10 seasons as Cowboys HC. They had double digit win seasons in 3 of his 10 years there and went to the playoffs only 3 out of the 10 years he coached Dallas and never made it past the divisional round of the playoffs. He is 2-3 in the post season.

Bruce Arians needed Tom Brady as his QB to finally get over the hump and win a SB.

Chip Kelly failed twice over in the NFL as a HC.

-------------------------------------------------

If anything, these posts are making the case as to exactly why Shanahan deserved that extension. Grass is not looking greener on the other side if this is the best you got.

Lol. Garrett is shanahan 2.0. he's a choker too.

Jackson is the only reason the browns are good now. He took them from lions bad and rebuilt the team and was fired before getting the fruits he sowed. He also had to deal with the raiders and browns which are always dysfunctional.

Just because Kelly failed twice does not mean he couldn't get to at least 500 win percentage like shanahan with top 3 talent every year. He was sunk by gabbert or kap.

Saw you posted nothing about harbaugh probably because it does not support your argument.

Arians needed Brady to win... This is the richest one yet.. this is an even bigger knock against shanahan because you know who wanted to play here prior to winning his last SB? One Tom Brady... He grew up in the bay area and would have come here for peanuts.

Shanahan didn't want him... So if anything this is an even bigger knock against shanahan. Arians actually won a SB

Just stop, doubling down on stupidity isn't gonna make you smarter.
Lol. Garrett is shanahan 2.0. he's a choker too.

Jackson is the only reason the browns are good now. He took them from lions bad and rebuilt the team and was fired before getting the fruits he sowed. He also had to deal with the raiders and browns which are always dysfunctional.

Just because Kelly failed twice does not mean he couldn't get to at least 500 win percentage like shanahan with top 3 talent every year. He was sunk by gabbert or kap.

Saw you posted nothing about harbaugh probably because it does not support your argument.

Arians needed Brady to win... This is the richest one yet.. this is an even bigger knock against shanahan because you know who wanted to play here prior to winning his last SB? One Tom Brady... He grew up in the bay area and would have come here for peanuts.

Shanahan didn't want him... So if anything this is an even bigger knock against shanahan. Arians actually won a SB

The fact that you would take Chip Kelley is place of Kyle Shanahan is beyond laughable. There is a reason no teams have an ounce of interest left in bringing him back to the NFL.

You claimed Jason Garrett put up consistently good seasons, the only thing consistent in Dallas during his time was his sideline clapping and them consistently playing like a .500 football team. He's basically Jeff Fisher without the mustache.

Jim Harbaugh created a tense work environment where he struggled as a grown ass adult to get along with his owner and GM while his act wore thin with some of our veteran players. Nothing more than a rah rah guy who couldn't figure out how to get a play call in on time and thought it was a good idea to employ 4 different offensive playcallers. He's now resorted to stealing other teams signs in an attempt to gain a competitive advantage.

The grass isn't looking greener.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Patton:
Any team in history ever lost 3 straight and go on to win the Super Bowl?

2021 Rams

I didn't look further back

Some people in here really are clueless. They literally think that every SB winner basically goes undefeated or never lose a couple of games.

Giants lost 4 in a row in 2011.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think the 2009 Saints lost the last 3 games of the regular season after starting 13-0.

2021 Rams

Some people in here really are clueless. They literally think that every SB winner basically goes undefeated or never lose a couple of games.

Don't have to be clueless to know that losing 3 straight games can damper super bowl aspirations…..not understanding that though….lol
[ Edited by Patton on Nov 6, 2023 at 11:38 AM ]
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

I think the 2009 Saints lost the last 3 games of the regular season after starting 13-0.

2012 Ravens

2021 Rams

Don't have to be clueless to know that losing 3 straight games can damper super bowl aspirations…..not understanding that though….lol

You didn't even know teams have lost multiple games and still won the SB lol.

Just saying this thread is full of ridiculous takes. You have one guy in here right now who wants to hire Chip Kelly as the HC and Tomsula as the DC. Ffs... I rather read 9moon trade ideas than some of this crap.
Originally posted by 49erKing:

2012 Ravens

Nice finds 👍

2021 Rams

Only in the sense that the road to the SB gets harder if you dont have that #1seed and/or homefield advantage
You didn't even know teams have lost multiple games and still won the SB lol.

Just saying this thread is full of ridiculous takes. You have one guy in here right now who wants to hire Chip Kelly as the HC and Tomsula as the DC. Ffs... I rather read 9moon trade ideas than some of this crap.

Actually if your comprehension is lacking I said "lost 3 straight", that's very different from losing "multiple games".

Lol, the rest of those comments are absurd.

Originally posted by 49erKing:

2012 Ravens

Nice finds 👍

oh yeah, nice finds, the 2011 Giants and 2012 Ravens, you ppl are ruining my Monday, congratulations
Originally posted by evil:
The fact that you would take Chip Kelley is place of Kyle Shanahan is beyond laughable. There is a reason no teams have an ounce of interest left in bringing him back to the NFL.

You claimed Jason Garrett put up consistently good seasons, the only thing consistent in Dallas during his time was his sideline clapping and them consistently playing like a .500 football team. He's basically Jeff Fisher without the mustache.

Jim Harbaugh created a tense work environment where he struggled as a grown ass adult to get along with his owner and GM while his act wore thin with some of our veteran players. Nothing more than a rah rah guy who couldn't figure out how to get a play call in on time and thought it was a good idea to employ 4 different offensive playcallers. He's now resorted to stealing other teams signs in an attempt to gain a competitive advantage.

The grass isn't looking greener.

We could do worse... I acknowledge that. But the bar is to go slightly above .500 and choke in the playoffs every year with top 3 NFL talent.

I am fairly certain even an average coach could manage that. With the personnel we have.

There are options if the 49ers decide to move in a different direction in the coming years.

This is not like we are trying to replace walsh, or bellicheck, or some GOAT coach...
We could do worse... I acknowledge that. But the bar is to go slightly above .500 and choke in the playoffs every year with top 3 NFL talent.

I am fairly certain even an average coach could manage that. With the personnel we have.

There are options if the 49ers decide to move in a different direction in the coming years.

This is not like we are trying to replace walsh, or bellicheck, or some GOAT coach...

Slightly above .500?

Since 2019 we are 47-27 in the regular season
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Slightly above .500?

Since 2019 we are 47-27 in the regular season

Cherry pick all you want. Here is the list of longest tenured and you guys can look at their career win loss records and find the odd man out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/here-are-the-longest-tenured-head-coaches-in-the-nfl/205611/%3famp=1
Cherry pick all you want. Here is the list of longest tenured and you guys can look at their career win loss records and find the odd man out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/here-are-the-longest-tenured-head-coaches-in-the-nfl/205611/%3famp=1

Says the guy making the comparison to Harbaugh when Harbaugh walked into the equivalent of the 2019 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone