49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
I'm saying its going to take more than one game. Win or lose, I have no confidence. I'm stunned this team can play this poorly for 3 straight weeks. If he did lose his job, yes I can see this as a tipping point. I'm pro Kyle, but I've never had this little faith in him. Even in 2017 when I thought we wouldn't win a game, I still had faith. But facts are facts. No coach, including Andy Reid and Nick Sirianni has been given as much across the board. Teams are doing more with less weekly. I'll give it to Kyle that he never had a Stafford, Mahommes, or even a Hurts. But Purdy is enough. I don't think this team would be 8-0, but 7-1 or even 6-2 isn't asking for much. 5-3 sounds too mediocre for this much talent.

Honestly the worst part is in my opinion it's been mostly coaching.

A good coach can hurt the opposing team multiple ways. His gameplan the last 3 weeks has been the same as the entire season.

This team is so good we literally probably could have handed the ball off 40 times in variations of runs to beat the browns and the Vikings. Just won with overwhelming talent.

That would have involved changing the gameplan and identity week to week which good coaches can do.

He seems worse now than prior. His insistence on forcing it to mcaffrey is hard to watch. Never running up the middle is hard to watch. Never chipping the opposing teams players (except for the cowboys) is hard to watch. No screens, no play action. No handoffs and snaps under center...

He has a million options but won't change it up week to week or do what is necessary to win consistently against 4 good teams.

for 4 years now, I've stated that Shanny does NOT know how to game plan.. he calls nice looking plays over and over, but it does not mean he can game plan.. why do you all think he suck MOST when we get behind..

the dude does not know how to find and expose the opposing team's weakness.

When you're right,you're right.

There isn't a defense out there that can do all of the following at the same time

1. Stop McCaffrey as a runner
2. Stop McCaffrey as a receiver
3. Stop Deebo in the open field.
4. Cover Aiyuk.
5. Cover Juice out the backfield.
6. Cover Kittle
7. Cover Gray deep (if healthy)
8. Handle the battering ram that is Jordan Mason.

No team is doing that all at the same time. This team can attack teams so many ways with all that talent. I won't even accept O-line as an excuse because coaches do more with less every freaking week.

Id like us to go after defenses weaknesses, which I don't think we do consistently because if we did, we'd see far more variety in the game plans.

The problems with this team fall primarily in the offensive and defensive play callers. Everything else is just a symptom of a bigger problem.

GLAD someone listens...

The NFCCG alone vs the Rams showed how LIMITED Kyle's ability as a HC.. Stupid Rams HC spot us 10 points, and 2 dumb instant replay challenge, and all the blame wento Grappy and the drop INT...

Kyle EGO is not lesser than Martz...BOTH rather their his ways than WIN by any means..

Just a question who would replace Kyle has HC and would the 49ers do this mid season and probably ruin all playoff hopes or wait to the end of the year?
He's just a hater, he won't answer you.

not a HATER... just HATES the fact that we have TOP 3 talent in the league but we ain't improving.. and all because of KYLE..

.. KYLE can finish up the season, hate to say it, but we wont get anywhere...

I really have 2 coaches in mind..

CRIS PETERSEN
PJ FLECK

we get one of the guys, and we're in the Super Bowl in YEAR TWO !!
I'm saying its going to take more than one game. Win or lose, I have no confidence. I'm stunned this team can play this poorly for 3 straight weeks. If he did lose his job, yes I can see this as a tipping point. I'm pro Kyle, but I've never had this little faith in him. Even in 2017 when I thought we wouldn't win a game, I still had faith. But facts are facts. No coach, including Andy Reid and Nick Sirianni has been given as much across the board. Teams are doing more with less weekly. I'll give it to Kyle that he never had a Stafford, Mahommes, or even a Hurts. But Purdy is enough. I don't think this team would be 8-0, but 7-1 or even 6-2 isn't asking for much. 5-3 sounds too mediocre for this much talent.

A good coach can hurt the opposing team multiple ways. His gameplan the last 3 weeks has been the same as the entire season.

This team is so good we literally probably could have handed the ball off 40 times in variations of runs to beat the browns and the Vikings. Just won with overwhelming talent.

That would have involved changing the gameplan and identity week to week which good coaches can do.

He seems worse now than prior. His insistence on forcing it to mcaffrey is hard to watch. Never running up the middle is hard to watch. Never chipping the opposing teams players (except for the cowboys) is hard to watch. No screens, no play action. No handoffs and snaps under center...

He has a million options but won't change it up week to week or do what is necessary to win consistently against 4 good teams.

for 4 years now, I've stated that Shanny does NOT know how to game plan.. he calls nice looking plays over and over, but it does not mean he can game plan.. why do you all think he suck MOST when we get behind..

There isn't a defense out there that can do all of the following at the same time

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

No team is doing that all at the same time. This team can attack teams so many ways with all that talent. I won't even accept O-line as an excuse because coaches do more with less every freaking week.

Id like us to go after defenses weaknesses, which I don't think we do consistently because if we did, we'd see far more variety in the game plans.

The problems with this team fall primarily in the offensive and defensive play callers. Everything else is just a symptom of a bigger problem.

GLAD someone listens...

The NFCCG alone vs the Rams showed how LIMITED Kyle's ability as a HC.. Stupid Rams HC spot us 10 points, and 2 dumb instant replay challenge, and all the blame wento Grappy and the drop INT...

Kyle EGO is not lesser than Martz...BOTH rather their his ways than WIN by any means..

Just a question who would replace Kyle has HC and would the 49ers do this mid season and probably ruin all playoff hopes or wait to the end of the year?

not a HATER... just HATES the fact that we have TOP 3 talent in the league but we ain't improving.. and all because of KYLE..

CRIS PETERSEN
PJ FLECK

You realize that blowing up the coaching staff means blowing up the entire team, including all the top 3 talent, right? New coaching staff means new offensive and defensive schemes, likely requiring different personnel to run. Probably a better idea to let the guys who assembled this talent use it the way they feel is best. You want another coach to do the same thing to the offense that Wilks is doing to the defense? Hard pass.

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

CRIS PETERSEN
PJ FLECK

You're definitely a hater with a clown wig and nose with those 2 coaching suggestions. Pj Fleck, gtfoh nobody can take you serious and you're not even funny

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

CRIS PETERSEN
PJ FLECK

might as well say your high school coach as this point
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

CRIS PETERSEN
PJ FLECK

You realize that blowing up the coaching staff means blowing up the entire team, including all the top 3 talent, right? New coaching staff means new offensive and defensive schemes, likely requiring different personnel to run. Probably a better idea to let the guys who assembled this talent use it the way they feel is best. You want another coach to do the same thing to the offense that Wilks is doing to the defense? Hard pass.

AIN'T a sure thang that new staff WILL blow up the entire team.. from what I remember.. Didn't Chuckie do well for the Bucs... and even the guy that replaced him at Oakland, did he get them to the Super Bowl?

.. and who said we need to blow up the coaching staff.. we just need a REAL HC.. someone who can game plan.. some one who can adjust BY QUARTERS...

.. and finally, a real HC who does not mind NOT being the FACE of the team when winning..

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

CRIS PETERSEN
PJ FLECK

AIN'T a sure thang that new staff WILL blow up the entire team.. from what I remember.. Didn't Chuckie do well for the Bucs... and even the guy that replaced him at Oakland, did he get them to the Super Bowl?

.. and who said we need to blow up the coaching staff.. we just need a REAL HC.. someone who can game plan.. some one who can adjust BY QUARTERS...

.. and finally, a real HC who does not mind NOT being the FACE of the team when winning..

And that's PJ Fleck? Gotcha.

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

CRIS PETERSEN
PJ FLECK

Do not bother reasoning with them. They are under the belief that no other coach could possibly win with:

Trent Williams, CMC, Bosa, Kittle, warner, hufanga, ayuik, deebo, greenlaw, Hargrave, chase, Gregory, armstead, ward, mason, Mitchell, banks, juice...

Roster is void of talent how the hell could any other coach ever manage to win half their games and choke in the playoffs with that team...

An impossible task...
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
First place in the NFC West, the team wasn't gonna go undefeated.
I have faith in how he is handling this.

Not as solid of a guarantee as Jimmy G's record as a starter....but I'll take it.

Guarantee?

Yea. You guaranteed us he's a good player because of his record as a starting QB.
Do not bother reasoning with them. They are under the belief that no other coach could possibly win with:

Trent Williams, CMC, Bosa, Kittle, warner, hufanga, ayuik, deebo, greenlaw, Hargrave, chase, Gregory, armstead, ward, mason, Mitchell, banks, juice...

Roster is void of talent how the hell could any other coach ever manage to win half their games and choke in the playoffs with that team...

An impossible task...

It would be for the guys you and Moon are suggesting

An impossible task...

If you're idea of reason is replacing a HC that built a SB caliber team in a few years, has been to 3/4 of the last NFCCGs and JUST received an extension, then no, don't bother reasoning with me.

they should just hire like our local HS HC, we would win like 10 SBs back2back
If you're idea of reason is replacing a HC that built a SB caliber team in a few years, has been to 3/4 of the last NFCCGs and JUST received an extension, then no, don't bother reasoning with me.

The difference is you see those as accolades whereas I see him as a perpetual choker even dating back to Atlanta.

The only way this team wins is by sheer luck or catastrophic luck to the eagles, hawks, cowboys and chiefs and bengals. Or purdy will need to grow to the point where he's Montana 2.0 and can overcome shanahan.

See I see him as a hindrance. I have yet to see him string 4 perfect games against good teams ie above.

He can't game manage. He does not know when to run vs pass, when to call time outs when not to call timeouts, when to challenge and not challenge etc...

The difference in talent is small between the niners and above which means little things like knowing how to coach make a difference.

You want examples of above here's just a few:

He tried to block reddick with a 3rd string backup tightened pull.

He failed to challenge the AJ brown drop in the eagles game which changed the entire game,

he wasted 46 seconds in the browns game and left a timeout on the table where purdy was rolling and could have gotten it closer,

He tried to bellcow mcaffrey the week he came back from being injured and low and behold he fumbled it and changed the entire momentum of the game.

ran designed runs with lance until he broke down,

called the failed pass that Jimmy g threw incomplete to sanders in the SB (just so you know mahomes still would have only needed a FG even if we scored and had 2 minutes to get it, we would have lost anyway because he didn't know how to properly run the time off the clock)

You can count on him to waste timeouts and challenges in playoff games and hurt the chances from the sidelines...

This is just in game stuff, this does not even count the turning down of Tom Brady, the 3 firsts wasted on lance.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

An impossible task...

It would be for the guys you and Moon are suggesting

" " Funny how McDaniel great offense seems to sputter against anyone with a solid D " - 9ers4eva

yeah, keep bending for Shanny !!
" " Funny how McDaniel great offense seems to sputter against anyone with a solid D " - 9ers4eva

yeah, keep bending for Shanny !!

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401520303

4. Cover Aiyuk.
6. Cover Kittle

GLAD someone listens...

CRIS PETERSEN
PJ FLECK

An impossible task...

LAST YEAR, I tried making a bet w/all the SHANNANYGANS here that I leave the forum for good if we win the Super Bowl under Shanny, but THEY ALL LEAVE if we don't... and NO ONE HAD THE BALLS... lol

.. the OFFER is still up for this season !!!
Share 49ersWebzone