There are 138 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Shoulda been Mahomes lol

Man thats an epic whiff.

He hasn't recovered from that mistake and probably he never will.

Now this franchise has passed on Brady in 2000, Rodgers in 2005 and Mahomes in 2017.

Well dang if you put it that way 31 other teams passed on those guys too
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Unfortunately, Kyle doesn't know how to get himself a good QB.

I like BP, but I don't see him being good enough to help us win a super bowl, even with all this talent we currently have on the team.

Kittle, Trent, CMC and Fred are gonna end up like Gore, Staley and Willis. End their careers without a super bowl. :(

BP can get us to a NFC Championship in his rookie year but not the Super Bowl
Originally posted by miked1978:

I like BP, but I don't see him being good enough to help us win a super bowl, even with all this talent we currently have on the team.

Kittle, Trent, CMC and Fred are gonna end up like Gore, Staley and Willis. End their careers without a super bowl. :(

I said "win the super bowl". We also reached the super bowl with JG.

team effort, if we could do it with JG (just needed to d up the 3rd and 15) we can surely do it with BP, right?
heck we nearly won two with JG, just needed Tartt to catch a ball, and we face a Cincy team that we beat in their house, we beat the champ rams in their house also

so it's about complete team football, no one man
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

team effort, if we could do it with JG (just needed to d up the 3rd and 15) we can surely do it with BP, right?
heck we nearly won two with JG, just needed Tartt to catch a ball, and we face a Cincy team that we beat in their house, we beat the champ rams in their house also

Woulda coulda shoulda....

In the end when everything goes right. Purdy will still need to make a play to win the game. We shall see.

Even if tartt caught it, it doesn't secure a win
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
Shoulda been Mahomes lol

Man thats an epic whiff.

He hasn't recovered from that mistake and probably he never will.

Now this franchise has passed on Brady in 2000, Rodgers in 2005 and Mahomes in 2017.

Well dang if you put it that way 31 other teams passed on those guys too

So did lots of other teams. So what? Hindsight is 20/20.

Unfortunately not a single soul in the league does either, there is no science to finding or drafting good QBs.
Originally posted by evil:

Unfortunately not a single soul in the league does either, there is no science to finding or drafting good QBs.

A good qb? I would say he has found one. As evil says, finding a great one is another matter. But, again, we may already have one. Even great qb',s need time to develop.
Originally posted by English:
A good qb? I would say he has found one. As evil says, finding a great one is another matter. But, again, we may already have one. Even great qb',s need time to develop.

time is a luxury we don't have

Lol 3 losses and ppl wanna write off Purdy
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
the way I see it, Kyle chose... CJ over Watsons and Mahomes

Kyle chose to stay w/Grappy instead of Brady

Kyle chose to NOT roll the dice and give up the picks for Stafford but gave it all up for Lance..

Kyle chose to draft another RB (Price) when we have 23 and 25 over an OL or a CB.

Kyle chose to draft a project for a TE (3rd round) when he could have drafted Meyer in the 2nd who already is less of a project and a very good blocker.

.. the actual issue here is his consistency of making a bone-headed decision.

There's valid complaints to be had about Kyle's managerial decisions, especially at the QB position, but there's a lot in inaccuracies in this post. Not to mention the pitfalls of criticizing in hindsight.

Some quick notes:

-Stafford wasn't necessarily available to us.
-Tom Brady looked washed during his final season with the Pats, and our own QB had just finished his first full season in our offense and had played pretty well much of the time. Just because he didn't play well in the biggest moment didn't mean he couldn't improve.
- Kyle did not draft Price with 23 on the roster.
- We didn't have a 2nd round pick last draft, let alone a high one which is what you needed for your criticism.
You think moon will listen to you, he posts this same BS every week

the only BS here is you my friend...

and yes, you do see this same post yearly because it's a FACT.. . it's also such a lame excuse to keep GRAPPY when YOU and your Shanny followers including Kyle himself was never ALL IN w/Grappy.. yet, you continue to point to the fact that Brady looked washed up...

... so, why don't you try asking. yourself, HOW DID THE WASHED UP LOOKING BRADY DID IN TAMPA BAY ?? oooppps, another bone headed decision .. wasn't it??

... as for the person who posted WE DID NOT HAVE A 2ND ROUNDER last draft... I guess he's never heard of a TRADE..
See, the same BS lies lol. In no way can you comprehend anything nor explain what you post. Blurting out ridiculous things without context is fantasy

like I said you won't answer, you just insult posters

JUST like your HC said... " The answer is in the building "... don't get mad at me for being Lavarr Arrington..
Originally posted by English:

time is a luxury we don't have

SHOULD we not wait until after the season before giving a grade to B-Rock Steady Purdy ??

he's done a nice job, but he's done nothing...

Was Nick Foles a good QB before and after winning the Super Bowl?
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
kyle really is andy reid 2.0, he just hasnt found his mahomes yet, it was supposed to be lance but a big whiff unfortunately

Shoulda been Mahomes lol

Man thats an epic whiff.

the way I see it, Kyle chose... CJ over Watsons and Mahomes

Kyle chose to stay w/Grappy instead of Brady

Kyle chose to NOT roll the dice and give up the picks for Stafford but gave it all up for Lance..

Kyle chose to draft another RB (Price) when we have 23 and 25 over an OL or a CB.

Kyle chose to draft a project for a TE (3rd round) when he could have drafted Meyer in the 2nd who already is less of a project and a very good blocker.

.. the actual issue here is his consistency of making a bone-headed decision.

The bold is good point. Shannon is really embarrassing because failed for championships and another will again?! Then danm embarrassing enough!
Kyle probably has only slept for like 10 hrs these past two weeks....
Share 49ersWebzone