There are 154 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
looks like Kyle was on the field as one the guys negating a massive TD

That would be some "truth" to tell lol.

Imagine if CMC had gotten hurt for the season during that stupid sh*t in the fourth quarter. Along with Kyle being part of an 80 yards -7 pt penalty.

People would be calling him a moron...
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
"Being honest" would be for him to say he blew it on Trey and Brock saved his career. He's an ass for calling out Purdy like that, especially on a play that ended up being a touchdown.

it was a bit of ohhhhh no no no no, ohhh yesss type play

It was. I held my breath. It's his style of play, but it works. You don't score 30+ points per game with a tight butthole like Kyle. Purdy is EXACTLY what Kyle needs to balance himself out. Again Kyle, just say thank you and call it a day.

Football genius, but simply not a players' coach. You will never hear Andy Reid say some s**t like that about Mahomes or any of his players.
coach takes a lot of heat after a 31 pt win
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Kinda bugged about Kyle's comments after the game. Why crap on Brock for one play that turned out to be a touchdown? I'm kind of not seeing the point of publicly giving him a scold. Kyle gonna kyle l guess. The genius finding fault. Unnecessary roughness.

He is just being honest. He defended Brock during those 3 losses.

He defended him, but also made it clear that he blamed the turnovers for the losses. He's just being even handed. People are way too sensitive about Brock.

Again, I think he is just being honest. Remember Kyle said Brock was the real deal this past off-season. Some Niners' fans were mad and made fun of Kyle.

"Being honest" would be for him to say he blew it on Trey and Brock saved his career. He's an ass for calling out Purdy like that, especially on a play that ended up being a touchdown.

Lol, he's not an ass for that. It was a risky throw that worked because the DB played Kittle instead of the ball. I'm stoked it all worked out, but let's not act like our QB is too sensitive to take a coaching lesson.

You teach lessons in the film room, not in public. That's the point.

Kyle has the back of all the guys, he's just brutally honest, and so he's behind Brock 100, but not shy of saying to media what he would say to BP reviewing that one
i think it's part of who he is a coach, players know what they are gonna get every day with Kyle, he's gonna be real
Originally posted by Montana:
Just wanna say..I like all of these discussions today after the win:)

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Weird assumption to think a comment like that in a postgame press conference is going to affect Brock's confidence.

Especially given the clear vote of confidence he's received from the coach and his teammates in nearly every other facet up to this point.

They'll analyze that play honestly in the film room even though it was an easy one to see live. No need to blow smoke up his ass lol.

At first, I was thinking a comment like that might affect BPs confidence, but yeah, Kyle is totally in love with BP. As am I 💕💕

Haven't fallen like this since #8. Brock bug hits hard lol
you fans need to get a grip. Like the way you are if you see them in real life

they are just people playing a game
Kinda bugged about Kyle's comments after the game. Why crap on Brock for one play that turned out to be a touchdown? I'm kind of not seeing the point of publicly giving him a scold. Kyle gonna kyle l guess. The genius finding fault. Unnecessary roughness.

He defended him, but also made it clear that he blamed the turnovers for the losses. He's just being even handed. People are way too sensitive about Brock.

Again, I think he is just being honest. Remember Kyle said Brock was the real deal this past off-season. Some Niners' fans were mad and made fun of Kyle.

Lol, he's not an ass for that. It was a risky throw that worked because the DB played Kittle instead of the ball. I'm stoked it all worked out, but let's not act like our QB is too sensitive to take a coaching lesson.

It will be taught in the film room. Perhaps you're projecting your sensitivities onto Purdy, who clearly is not bothered about a coach speaking frankly about one of his obviously questionable decisions. This is such a non-issue and completely indicative of our fanbase's proclivity to make drama over nothing.
It was. I held my breath. It's his style of play, but it works. You don't score 30+ points per game with a tight butthole like Kyle. Purdy is EXACTLY what Kyle needs to balance himself out. Again Kyle, just say thank you and call it a day.

Football genius, but simply not a players' coach. You will never hear Andy Reid say some s**t like that about Mahomes or any of his players.

He was way too much of a player's coach today with that decision to give CMC 4 extra touches in a game that was well decided, all for a chance at a record.

He never throws his players under a bus in public, and pointing out that a bad decision was bad doesn't really qualify… especially when he couches it with the fact that the QB played great (which he did).
lol everyone turning on Kyle cause of a comment he made about Purdy

It will be taught in the film room. Perhaps you're projecting your sensitivities onto Purdy, who clearly is not bothered about a coach speaking frankly about one of his obviously questionable decisions. This is such a non-issue and completely indicative of our fanbase's proclivity to make drama over nothing.
nailed it

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
lol everyone turning on Kyle cause of a comment he made about Purdy
a facetious comment
perhaps after today's penalty, Wilks will be on the field, and we will see KS in the booth
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I got quoted in that but I'm assuming that wasn't directed at me. I'm not at all star-struck. View the players as tools for a job pretty much, lol.
perhaps after today's penalty, Wilks will be on the field, and we will see KS in the booth

Said the same thing in a group text after the extra CMC touches lol. Get emotion out of that decision making. Steve Wilks down, Kyle up.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I got quoted in that but I'm assuming that wasn't directed at me. I'm not at all star-struck. View the players as tools for a job pretty much, lol.
was adding on to your post
Share 49ersWebzone