Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by Patton:
Not saying the TD throw to Aiyuk was a Great decision, but after watching it from both sides of the camera angles, it's not nearly as bad as it was made out to be imo.

From Purdy's viewpoint you can see BA break free across the back of the endzone in the direction of clear empty space, the ball cleared both defenders as far as height. The criticism can be made that the ball should have been a little higher and a little further to the open side leading BA to the open area of the field more.

If this is Brett Favre, or Mahomes or one of many other QB greats, it doesn't even get talked about except to say how great of a throw it was.

If anything, it shows his confidence in his ability and his receivers and it's a play he will learn from.

it was a great throw but not a good decision. He got a bit lucky for sure the throw was a maybe half a second late and across the body.

I see people are saying he's bashing Brock. I don't see it that way this is how players get better you wouldn't coach that throw would you?

Again, do you think it's wise to "coach players" during press conferences with the media? This is the point we're all making.

Kyle and Brock, they're cool like that. It's a general rule to not throw across the body, late, into the middle of the field. I guarantee you Brock isn't feeling slighted by Kyle's comments.

Brock has been making those throws more and more each week. Let's go back to the back shoulder throws and less across the body to the middle of the field throws.

Brock actually did the same thing on his very first drive versus MIA when he came into the game, and the pass nearly got picked off. He's a playmaker, not a game manager. It's entertaining.

Brock actually did the same thing on his very first drive versus MIA when he came into the game, and the pass nearly got picked off. He's a playmaker, not a game manager. It's entertaining.

Sure its a high risk throw. Point is, why call him out in a press conference.

He was asked about the TD and he gave an honest answer. If he said it was a great read we all would be questioning that.

"Honest." "Truth." It's as if you guys think the English language is limited and there was only one way for Kyle to answer the question. Several people have already posted much more palatable responses. Kyle is simply an a*****e and rarely passes on an opportunity to humble his QB publicly. It's what he does. If Purdy keeps playing the way he is, and wins a Super Bowl (or two or three), hopefully he starts chirping back. Hell, he's already earned the right to do that and I wish he would.

Sorry that's some soft ass s**t if you can't handle your coach saying a pass which was clearly a bad idea was a bad idea. I mean Brock is tough enough to handle it I'd suggest his fanboys to get there also

Again, this is such an intellectually lazy argument. So are you then being soft for not being able to handle criticism of Kyle? Of course not because that's a ridiculous argument, and honestly something that women do to each other. Do better.

Right lol calling Kyle an a*****e cause you can't take constructive criticism hitting the public

Calling a coach an a*****e for insulting his QB is vastly different than accusing another poster of being "soft" for their opinion of said remark. This is a forum to discuss the 49ers team, players, and coaches. So opinions on them are what should be discussed. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Where was the insult towards Purdy?

"One of his worst decisions since he's been here" is an insult. Lol wtf. Especially on a highlight reel TD.

Lol ffs America is gonna lose WW3
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Not saying the TD throw to Aiyuk was a Great decision, but after watching it from both sides of the camera angles, it's not nearly as bad as it was made out to be imo.

From Purdy's viewpoint you can see BA break free across the back of the endzone in the direction of clear empty space, the ball cleared both defenders as far as height. The criticism can be made that the ball should have been a little higher and a little further to the open side leading BA to the open area of the field more.

If this is Brett Favre, or Mahomes or one of many other QB greats, it doesn't even get talked about except to say how great of a throw it was.

If anything, it shows his confidence in his ability and his receivers and it's a play he will learn from.

it was a great throw but not a good decision. He got a bit lucky for sure the throw was a maybe half a second late and across the body.

I see people are saying he's bashing Brock. I don't see it that way this is how players get better you wouldn't coach that throw would you?

Again, do you think it's wise to "coach players" during press conferences with the media? This is the point we're all making.

Kyle and Brock, they're cool like that. It's a general rule to not throw across the body, late, into the middle of the field. I guarantee you Brock isn't feeling slighted by Kyle's comments.

Brock has been making those throws more and more each week. Let's go back to the back shoulder throws and less across the body to the middle of the field throws.

He was asked about the TD and he gave an honest answer. If he said it was a great read we all would be questioning that.

"Honest." "Truth." It's as if you guys think the English language is limited and there was only one way for Kyle to answer the question. Several people have already posted much more palatable responses. Kyle is simply an a*****e and rarely passes on an opportunity to humble his QB publicly. It's what he does. If Purdy keeps playing the way he is, and wins a Super Bowl (or two or three), hopefully he starts chirping back. Hell, he's already earned the right to do that and I wish he would.

Sorry that's some soft ass s**t if you can't handle your coach saying a pass which was clearly a bad idea was a bad idea. I mean Brock is tough enough to handle it I'd suggest his fanboys to get there also

Again, this is such an intellectually lazy argument. So are you then being soft for not being able to handle criticism of Kyle? Of course not because that's a ridiculous argument, and honestly something that women do to each other. Do better.

Right lol calling Kyle an a*****e cause you can't take constructive criticism hitting the public

Calling a coach an a*****e for insulting his QB is vastly different than accusing another poster of being "soft" for their opinion of said remark. This is a forum to discuss the 49ers team, players, and coaches. So opinions on them are what should be discussed. Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

"One of his worst decisions since he's been here" is an insult. Lol wtf. Especially on a highlight reel TD.

Lol ffs America is gonna lose WW3

We surely will if people cry about having different opinions about a coach's remarks. Not sure why discussing opposing views makes some of you so uncomfortable.

No it isn't.

It's an analysis or opinion of the QBs decision making on that one particular play.

An insult is calling someone an a*****e because you didn't like or agree with their analysis or opinion.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

in that same shanny interview he said brock knows it and acknowledged it and it why they can joke about it now

this is really nothing but a "hater" trying to stir things up about shanny

False. I don't hate Kyle at all. In fact I was first in line to eat crow about Kyle's offense holding Jimmy back once we saw what Purdy was able to do. I love Kyle as an X's and O's coach, and even as a motivator of men. It's his view of QB's and how he wants them to play like robots; even in the face of a mountain of evidence that his system works better when the QB pushes the envelope and makes plays outside of that structure. Sometimes you just have to let your players make plays, and then congratulate them for it. That is NOT Kyle's style nor is he good at positively recognizing it when that happens.
oh c'mon.. i'm just using your lines "hater" for fun

if you want to get worked up about nothing thats on you. but anyone who counters you on this is not because they like Kyle, it's because you go off when it's not needed
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

It's a balancing act. If you listen to Parcells, he coached LT, and LT would be supposed to drop in coverage, and he would go sack the QB instead. Parcells would get on him. Then next time, he would sack the QB again, only this time ball out, TD Giants. At a certain point, you say okay, let's let him do what he does out there. If it's working you can keep doing it, KS isn't gonna do anything about it. Favre used to drive playcallers crazy also.

So after 17 starts and playing at a top 2-3 QB level, and saving Kyle's job for whiffing on Trey, wouldn't you think Purdy has earned the bolded?

Edit: I agree 100% that it's a balancing act. I do think that Kyle is a good match for Purdy, as he will keep him somewhat in check and not go full YOLO all the time. My only gripe is doing so publicly in the manner that he did.

When I think of a coach calling out his QB, it's more of when he reveals some information that otherwise the general public is not aware of. For example, saying that the QB missed a read and should have thrown it here instead of there. A QB throwing across his body, late in the play, into the middle of the field, is well known to be a bad decision - we all know that. So saying that publicly isn't a big deal. Fortunately it ended well and we can all celebrate the outcome, but it usually does not end up that way.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by evil:

No it isn't.

It's an analysis or opinion of the QBs decision making on that one particular play.

An insult is calling someone an a*****e because you didn't like or agree with their analysis or opinion.

Calling a TD pass "one of the worst decisions" while in a post game presser is an insult. Not sure how many times I have to say that I agree it wasn't a "great decision," and definitely a coachable play; just in the film room and/or on the practice field.
Brock admitted that the pass was a poor decision in his presser. Why is this being made into such a big deal? Poor decision, great result, big win, time to move on to the next opponent.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Brock admitted that the pass was a poor decision in his presser. Why is this being made into such a big deal? Poor decision, great result, big win, time to move on to the next opponent.

Of course, he's not the type to show up his coach. He takes the bullet for his team and teammates as well. True leader. Kyle should take notes.

because it says something about shannys ego, that's why
Are we still on this? Lol

I liked the play. The comments could have been said in a different way but I just figured Kyle was a bit emotional after the game idk. The way he kinda kept going on to make his point though is where I was like ok Kyle..we get it..it was risky. It was also a fking dime though:). BP making that s**t..I think gave him a huge confidence and things just kept clicking after that. He is a risk taker, if he sees something..he's gunna try to get points. Often times, he has the fking accuracy to pull it off too.

There is absolutely nothing about that play that is like Jimmy G lol. The ability to escape and then willingness and ability to throw it to a spot where his WR could make a play, and back across the middle of the field. Please tell me when we have ever seen Jimmy attempt a throw like that, let alone convert it. And Purdy seems to do it once a game. Hell he did it on the TD to Juice, which no one seems to have a problem with (I get he was wide open, but it was still "across his body").

What was similar to Jimmy G is exactly what I said in the post… throwing an ill advised ball into traffic.

You know what else would have been unlike Jimmy G on that play? Scrambling and gaining a few extra yards without making a reckless decision passing the ball (again, very Jimmy G like).

You didn't address the point of my post. And I saw another post from you where you said this type of play was 'best for the team', and that Kyle can't accept it because he doesn't like anything out of structure. It's nonsense. Running and gaining yards there is also out of structure and wouldn't have garnered any criticism from the coach. As it was, the decision will be rightfully criticized, in spite of the result, and Purdy isn't going to crack because of a quick comment that Kyle made in a press conference that was couched in compliments (for his game overall) in the first place.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Nov 13, 2023 at 11:33 AM ]

No it isn't.

Calling a TD pass "one of the worst decisions" while in a post game presser is an insult. Not sure how many times I have to say that I agree it wasn't a "great decision," and definitely a coachable play; just in the film room and/or on the practice field.

I thought you were anti snowflake mentality?

because it says something about shannys ego, that's why
was shanny supposed to stay quite and not answer ?
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

No it isn't.

I thought you were anti snowflake mentality?
lol, in before the no you reply
This is getting overblown. It's who Kyle is and it's refreshing in this day and age where everything has to be overly calculated for image sake.
Share 49ersWebzone