There are 193 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He has a point. We don't have a qb, wr or a duel threat at rb like they do.

It will be a challenge for this offense to play at their level.

I mean, they are top 5 all time in points scored. Not a lot of teams can beat that.

Yeah. We aren't doing that anytime soon.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Are you guys seriously calling an ATL fans bitter after losing that super bowl as if we weren't doing the same after we lost the super bowl? I'd be bitter as f**k if I were an ATL fan

True, but I think we had it worse lol. At least their OC was a young hotshot. Roman was a potato.
at the time you had the best run blocking line in the nfl and the best run game in the nfl and a fully rested gore and dixon on second down and yet... oh never f**king mind
Originally posted by cciowa:
Are you guys seriously calling an ATL fans bitter after losing that super bowl as if we weren't doing the same after we lost the super bowl? I'd be bitter as f**k if I were an ATL fan

True, but I think we had it worse lol. At least their OC was a young hotshot. Roman was a potato.
at the time you had the best run blocking line in the nfl and the best run game in the nfl and a fully rested gore and dixon on second down and yet... oh never f**king mind

Don't piss yourself off now, its suppose to be a happy day today lol. Its masochist to even think about that.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Want to offer my sincerest apologies to Rascal. For the past 3 years you have been all over the Shanahans to the 49ers train and I've derisively dismissed the idea as a nostalgic 49ers fan living in the past. I didn't think the 49ers brass nor Mike/Kyle himself would ever consider working together. I was wrong. You must be thrilled.

If the 49ers can some how land a QB, easier said then done, this WILL work out.

I totally agree with you here and I don't mind them being bitter about the superbowl loss, but to act like Shanahan was a piece of s**t and take shots at us is what bothers me. They come off as ungrateful and just plain ignorant. They always had weapons, but was never able to maximize those weapons until Kyle got there. They're just plain upset that Kyle chose to come here and that's why they're upset and taking shots at us because we're grateful to have him.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Want to offer my sincerest apologies to Rascal. For the past 3 years you have been all over the Shanahans to the 49ers train and I've derisively dismissed the idea as a nostalgic 49ers fan living in the past. I didn't think the 49ers brass nor Mike/Kyle himself would ever consider working together. I was wrong. You must be thrilled.

If the 49ers can some how land a QB, easier said then done, this WILL work out.

We will land a QB no doubt. It's just a question of whether he will be a good one.

i never got over it and never will. we do not go to super bowls just to lose them.. posters shrilling that its better to lose than never get there made me and still make me vomit. pretty gruesome trail that follows me throughout my life

Yeah and I got family from Baltimore. And even they all ask why didn't y'all give Frank the ball. And I still can't believe our secondary played so poorly in the 1st half. I'll be bitter about that game til I die.
Originally posted by Ninerblood:

I totally agree with you here and I don't mind them being bitter about the superbowl loss, but to act like Shanahan was a piece of s**t and take shots at us is what bothers me. They come off as ungrateful and just plain ignorant. They always had weapons, but was never able to maximize those weapons until Kyle got there. They're just plain upset that Kyle chose to come here and that's why they're upset and taking shots at us because we're grateful to have him.
It's folks on message boards gotta take it with a grain of salt. Same guy typing that would probably ask Kyle for a selfie if he seen him in the airport. And as a fan you might think he is a piece of s**t b/c he was a big part of them choking that super bowl away.

i never got over it and never will. we do not go to super bowls just to lose them.. posters shrilling that its better to lose than never get there made me and still make me vomit. pretty gruesome trail that follows me throughout my life

I agree cc.

The only consolation prize (if you can call it that) is that some people respect SB appearances (i.e. the whole 5-2 > 4-0 debate with respect to Montana / Brady, and even the 6-2 > 5-0 Steelers vs. 49ers before our last SB).

Such a lousy feeling indeed.
I watched the intro video a few times now and must ask this....

Who does Kyle Shanahan remind you of, VOICE wise?

Hint: He played for SF.

[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Feb 9, 2017 at 9:38 AM ]

It's folks on message boards gotta take it with a grain of salt. Same guy typing that would probably ask Kyle for a selfie if he seen him in the airport. And as a fan you might think he is a piece of s**t b/c he was a big part of them choking that super bowl away.

Totally understood, just didn't want to come off as taking pleasure in their misery. I would be seething too. Hopefully we never have to experience that again and I'm hopeful that Kyle took that as a learning experience if we ever get back to the superbowl.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

Alex Smith
2 hours until the presser.

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by saniner:

Alex Smith

Holy sh-t he DOES sound like Alex Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone