George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 189 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I hope this team doesn't come out flat next week. That's my biggest fear. I've seen it happen to a lot of teams including the 49ers. It's one of those things that is hard to predict no matter what they do in practice to try and stay sharp. In college teams can win with superior talent. In the NFL the talent level is much more equal and there's a fine line between winning and losing.
Which 49er team came out flat?

this team is like no other.. they probably going crazy right now

Not sure about 2012, we made it the SB

87 was ages ago.

This team has been good at the start, its the closing of games
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 14, 2024 at 9:37 AM ]
I hope this team doesn't come out flat next week. That's my biggest fear. I've seen it happen to a lot of teams including the 49ers. It's one of those things that is hard to predict no matter what they do in practice to try and stay sharp. In college teams can win with superior talent. In the NFL the talent level is much more equal and there's a fine line between winning and losing.

87 was ages ago.

2012 was the famous 181 yard 2 TD game from Kaepernick against GB.

87 was ages ago.

I am not sure I agree. In our 4 losses this season (excluding week 18for obvious reasons), maybe one (vs the Browns) can be attributed to the closing of games. The other 3 was because of the bad start.
Originally posted by libertyforever:

87 was ages ago.

I am not sure I agree. In our 4 losses this season (excluding week 18for obvious reasons), maybe one (vs the Browns) can be attributed to the closing of games. The other 3 was because of the bad start.
We were injured and turnovers is what changed the game. Not sure about coming out flat

87 was ages ago.

Yeah and they came out flat in the SB after having had two weeks off
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

87 was ages ago.

Yeah and they came out flat in the SB after having had two weeks off
Did they really or was it due to playing the refs also

Nah they were flat.

Not sure how the 2012 and 1987 9ers have any bearing on Kyle and this team though
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Nah they were flat.

Not sure how the 2012 and 1987 9ers have any bearing on Kyle and this team though
an offensive flag on the first play of the game that took what a 20+ yard reception away from us.. idk we were more neutered than coming out flat

But the main point was coming out flat our first game. But i don't recall in the Shanny era a lot of games like that
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 14, 2024 at 1:11 PM ]
Kyle's teams after a Bye week:

2017 Week 12 - L - Seahawks 24 @ 49ers 13 - QB: Beathard
2018 Week 12 - L - 49ers 9 @ Bucs 27 - QB: Mullens
2019 Week 5 - W - Browns 3 @ 49ers 31 - QB: Garoppolo
2019 Divisional - W - Vikings 10 @ 49ers 27 - QB: Garoppolo
2019 Super Bowl - L - 49ers 20 vs. Chiefs 31 - QB: Garoppolo
2020 Week 12 - W - 49ers 23 @ Rams 20 - QB: Mullens
2021 Week 7 - L - Colts 30 @ 49ers 18 - QB: Garoppolo
2022 Week 10 - W - Chargers 16 @ 49ers 22 - QB: Garoppolo
2023 Week 10 - W - 49ers 34 @ Jaguars 3 - QB: Purdy

Overall: 5-4
Home: 3-2
Away: 2-1
Neutral: 0-1

Garoppolo: 3-2
Mullens: 1-1
Purdy: 1-0
Beathard: 0-1

Interesting to think this is Purdy's first home start after a Bye. Even if you count W1 as an extra rest game that was at Pittsburgh.
Originally posted by captveg:
Kyle's teams after a Bye week:

2017 Week 12 - L - Seahawks 24 @ 49ers 13 - QB: Beathard
2018 Week 12 - L - 49ers 9 @ Bucs 27 - QB: Mullens
2019 Week 5 - W - Browns 3 @ 49ers 31 - QB: Garoppolo
2019 Divisional - W - Vikings 10 @ 49ers 27 - QB: Garoppolo
2019 Super Bowl - L - 49ers 20 vs. Chiefs 31 - QB: Garoppolo
2020 Week 12 - W - 49ers 23 @ Rams 20 - QB: Mullens
2021 Week 7 - L - Colts 30 @ 49ers 18 - QB: Garoppolo
2022 Week 10 - W - Chargers 16 @ 49ers 22 - QB: Garoppolo
2023 Week 10 - W - 49ers 34 @ Jaguars 3 - QB: Purdy

Overall: 5-4
Home: 3-2
Away: 2-1
Neutral: 0-1

Garoppolo: 3-2
Mullens: 1-1
Purdy: 1-0
Beathard: 0-1

Interesting to think this is Purdy's first home start after a Bye. Even if you count W1 as an extra rest game that was at Pittsburgh.

Well this is interesting.

Originally posted by NCommand:

No disrespect to the work put into the post, but I think it's pretty meaningless. Small sample of games over multiple seasons with mixed results. Teams, opponents, and situations all different.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

No disrespect to the work put into the post, but I think it's pretty meaningless. Small sample of games over multiple seasons with mixed results. Teams, opponents, and situations all different.

Part of my point in posting it was to demonstrate that - no real discernable patterns or trends one way or another. You even have a bad 49er team win (2020) while having a good 49er team lose (2021).

The most interesting thing that I could see was that this will be Brock's first home game as the starting QB after extra rest.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 14, 2024 at 1:07 PM ]
Part of my point in posting it was to demonstrate that - no real discernable patterns or trends one way or another. You even have a bad 49er team win (2020) while having a good 49er team lose (2021).

Fair enough. It definitely accomplished that.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

The most interesting thing that I could see was that this will be Brock's first home game as the starting QB after extra rest.

And the topic isn't. It's always a fair topic to discuss, limited or not. Like how we had an issue starting the seasons slowly. Then Kyle made it a massive point to start hot this year and they did, like 2019, and win the #1 seed. So, can they start hot again?
And the topic isn't. It's always a fair topic to discuss, limited or not. Like how we had an issue starting the seasons slowly. Then Kyle made it a massive point to start hot this year and they did, like 2019, and win the #1 seed. So, can they start hot again?

I don't think it was a coaching emphasis that caused us to perform better early this year. Probably the most impactful change was we had our QB position solidified… and we stayed healthy overall.
Share 49ersWebzone