LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 161 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by NCommand:
And the topic isn't. It's always a fair topic to discuss, limited or not. Like how we had an issue starting the seasons slowly. Then Kyle made it a massive point to start hot this year and they did, like 2019, and win the #1 seed. So, can they start hot again?

I don't think it was a coaching emphasis that caused us to perform better early this year. Probably the most impactful change was we had our QB position solidified… and we stayed healthy overall.

True, but it was a big topic in house. Many players and coaches talked about it.

But then, they had to do it so yeah, Brock healthy, health overall, etc. Lots of reasons.

I'm sure it's a focus now too, as Kyle has talked extensively about not losing that momentum and staying sharp.

I don't see any reason why they couldn't start hot for the same reasons: Brock, health overall, etc.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
And the topic isn't. It's always a fair topic to discuss, limited or not. Like how we had an issue starting the seasons slowly. Then Kyle made it a massive point to start hot this year and they did, like 2019, and win the #1 seed. So, can they start hot again?

I don't think it was a coaching emphasis that caused us to perform better early this year. Probably the most impactful change was we had our QB position solidified… and we stayed healthy overall.
QB play was the issue. NC always makes it a how bad our coaching, scheme and OL is when it's not the main issue
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Yeah thats fair.

I cant prove it but I swear you can sometimes Kyle blacks out in tight spots and then the cute nonsensical plays start. Like a jet sweep near your own endzone. Or completely abandon the run for no reason.

Keep it simple - get to deebo, BA, Kittle and let them do the work. Dont need 5 passes to juice.

Exactly.

Sometimes that stuff works though… like a WR pass by Emmanuel Sanders in the shootout vs the Saints.
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by Crown:
Yeah thats fair.

I cant prove it but I swear you can sometimes Kyle blacks out in tight spots and then the cute nonsensical plays start. Like a jet sweep near your own endzone. Or completely abandon the run for no reason.

Keep it simple - get to deebo, BA, Kittle and let them do the work. Dont need 5 passes to juice.

Exactly.

Sometimes that stuff works though… like a WR pass by Emmanuel Sanders in the shootout vs the Saints.

True!
Theme of the playoffs is the Shanahan offense is still cooking everybody.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Theme of the playoffs is the Shanahan offense is still cooking everybody.

Gotta get the Jets and Miami up to playoff speed next year. Can we hire Schwartz for DC? Just thinking ahead...
Kyle's like famous now.

Of course it was an outside zone run to the left. I bet you they never saw it coming right Mike?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kyle's like famous now.

Of course it was an outside zone run to the left. I bet you they never saw it coming right Mike?

obviously mike shanahan
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 14, 2024 at 8:36 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kyle's like famous now.

obviously mike shanahan

I heard that during the game I was like is that a Dis or a compliment?

No excuses not to make the SB with the best Defense currently left in the NFC playoffs.
Originally posted by Predator85:
No excuses not to make the SB with the best Defense currently left in the NFC playoffs.

Really no excuses not to win it... This is the easiest path it could ever get. We have gotten every bounce possible our way.... Drop 3 games we shouldn't have then the lions, eagles, and boys spot us a loss to make up for it and hand the first round bye prior to week 18.

The rams draw into a spot where they don't have to play in the final week along with us having the bye secured. No injuries out of the final game.

We draw the 7 seed packers who get shorted 6 days rest across country for the first game. We get an extra day of rest for the nfc championship game.

Not to mention the chiefs are the worst they have been in years, Lamar's a perpetual playoff choker. We also already got to play the ravens once so we won't get shocked again in a second game.

And to top all that off there's no worry about cousins, or burrow...

Add in that the SB will be in Vegas so the weather should be okay...

It will never be easier to win th SB than this year...
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by bassmanr:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Remember when some said our real coach was McDaniels ..couch NC

I admit I was saying that... sometimes too emotionally attached to some of the games we lose. I was wrong and still eating my Christmas crow.

I do think the two of them worked well together though, would like to have him back.
glad you are big enough to admit it, and move on from it

Him just acknowledging he actually said in the first place rather than deny it completely is more impressive. The bar was set incredibly low though .

Yes we must admit when we are wrong... it makes us honest posters. Yes the bar can be low some times.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by Predator85:

Really no excuses not to win it... This is the easiest path it could ever get. We have gotten every bounce possible our way.... Drop 3 games we shouldn't have then the lions, eagles, and boys spot us a loss to make up for it and hand the first round bye prior to week 18.

The rams draw into a spot where they don't have to play in the final week along with us having the bye secured. No injuries out of the final game.

We draw the 7 seed packers who get shorted 6 days rest across country for the first game. We get an extra day of rest for the nfc championship game.

Not to mention the chiefs are the worst they have been in years, Lamar's a perpetual playoff choker. We also already got to play the ravens once so we won't get shocked again in a second game.

And to top all that off there's no worry about cousins, or burrow...

Add in that the SB will be in Vegas so the weather should be okay...

It will never be easier to win th SB than this year...

Kyle win or leave.

Originally posted by picklejuice:

I hope he also predicts 49ers holding up the trophy in February
Share 49ersWebzone