There are 138 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Fans who don't hate on Shanny know this. Also, rational fans know that Dan Quinn wasn't even an average HC, he sucked and still sucks

Exactly why I want him to get the seattle job 😈.

Kyle deserves some blame but I've never seen a coordinator get so much blame for a super bowl loss. The head coach should, if he didn't like what Kyle was doing - he should if stepped in and said something. Also, how come no one blames the defense for letting up 30+ in the second half? It's strange.

Kyle deserves some blame for some of the timing of play calls but that's it.

Yeah the blame tier list for that Super Bowl goes...

1. The Defensive Players
2. Dan Quinn
3. Matt Ryan
4. Kyle Shanahan
Originally posted by Silky:
I really think the Bills are going

Would be nice. Allen's turnover issues this year would likely be their downfall. But I think that's going go pop up against KC, Blt 1st.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Fans who don't hate on Shanny know this. Also, rational fans know that Dan Quinn wasn't even an average HC, he sucked and still sucks

Kyle deserves some blame but I've never seen a coordinator get so much blame for a super bowl loss. The head coach should, if he didn't like what Kyle was doing - he should if stepped in and said something. Also, how come no one blames the defense for letting up 30+ in the second half? It's strange.

1. The Defensive Players
2. Dan Quinn
3. Matt Ryan
4. Kyle Shanahan

where on earth is Devonta Freeman, I don't see him
Major props to Shanny for 1. Planning to go after Brady if he didn't retire this past offseason, 2. Being up front with Purdy about that plan. Most coaches would keep that secret in order to not phase a young QB like Purdy if Plan 1 didn't work out.
Originally posted by captveg:
Major props to Shanny for 1. Planning to go after Brady if he didn't retire this past offseason, 2. Being up front with Purdy about that plan. Most coaches would keep that secret in order to not phase a young QB like Purdy if Plan 1 didn't work out.

I think one of the biggest reasons our culture is what it is, is because of how honest Kyle & Lynch are with the players. I've heard it from numerous players about how much they appreciate how honest and straight forward they were with them.

lol you know they regret not getting brady before.

I think one of the biggest reasons our culture is what it is, is because of how honest Kyle & Lynch are with the players. I've heard it from numerous players about how much they appreciate how honest and straight forward they were with them.

regret.. i don't think so. just bad timing

We were riding high on jimmy's first full season and couldn't wait on another full season. plus we just signed jimmy to a large dead cap hit.

Would you guys being saying the same thing if jed told shanahan that he would be going after belichick???
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

We were riding high on jimmy's first full season and couldn't wait on another full season. plus we just signed jimmy to a large dead cap hit.

those weird situations
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yeah, I Completely understand why they rocked with Jimmy (Given the context of the situation and performances at the time). Hindsight is 20/20 - I'm just saying that they probably wish they would of went with Brady in Hindsight. would of been insane.

It's all good though. We have the next brady now! muahaha
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

1. The Defensive Players
2. Dan Quinn
3. Matt Ryan
4. Kyle Shanahan

In addition to this, Kyle had checkmate dialed up for Jimmy G in Super Bowl LIV, Jimmy G failed to deliver on a wide open TD pass, and we lost that game.

Not all his fault but it all falls back on Kyle, unfortunately. ... Kyle needs to get this one to secure his legacy and shut his detractors up.

I have so many contradicting thoughts. Like we should just run it all day against GB and get the W, but something I would love to see now that it is finally playoff time is beast mode Kyle. He showed some of that killer instinct this year and I certainly will not get mad if he goes off and tries to destroy opponents since this is what it's all about.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I have so many contradicting thoughts. Like we should just run it all day against GB and get the W, but something I would love to see now that it is finally playoff time is beast mode Kyle. He showed some of that killer instinct this year and I certainly will not get mad if he goes off and tries to destroy opponents since this is what it's all about.

Target their LBs. It's a weakness that the 49ers have been able to exploit against everyone other than the Browns and Ravens. It's how the 49ers have gone after Green Bay for pretty much the past 12+ years. They've been better stuffing the run on the inside lately but their defense really falls apart once you get to that second level.
Expect Kittle to have a huge game against their LB's
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

I suspect you will see this years version of the team - Heavy CMC and Brock throwing darts.

Its just who they are now.

Agreed and very classy, love Kyle, that's my head coach, & Brock is my QB
Share 49ersWebzone