There are 147 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by pillageDatazz:
Fans who don't hate on Shanny know this. Also, rational fans know that Dan Quinn wasn't even an average HC, he sucked and still sucks

Exactly why I want him to get the seattle job 😈.

Kyle deserves some blame but I've never seen a coordinator get so much blame for a super bowl loss. The head coach should, if he didn't like what Kyle was doing - he should if stepped in and said something. Also, how come no one blames the defense for letting up 30+ in the second half? It's strange.

Kyle deserves some blame for some of the timing of play calls but that's it.

Yeah the blame tier list for that Super Bowl goes...

1. The Defensive Players
2. Dan Quinn
3. Matt Ryan
4. Kyle Shanahan

where on earth is Devonta Freeman, I don't see him

Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
In addition to this, Kyle had checkmate dialed up for Jimmy G in Super Bowl LIV, Jimmy G failed to deliver on a wide open TD pass, and we lost that game.

Not all his fault but it all falls back on Kyle, unfortunately. ... Kyle needs to get this one to secure his legacy and shut his detractors up.

I called this during the game in the Gameday thread.

This is your fuken TIME KYLE!~
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I doubt there will ever be a more clear path to a SB. The team is rested, home, and healthy. We have a talent advantage over every team. Kyle, it's on you. You must win this year.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I doubt there will ever be a more clear path to a SB. The team is rested, home, and healthy. We have a talent advantage over every team. Kyle, it's on you. You must win this year.

I thought the same thing after 1984. But we get a decent wide reciever from Mississippi Valley State in '85 and in '86 Walsh has a decent draft and three years later we have two more Lombardies. So you never know....

This is his year. Have faith, Faithful! He's got this.

This is the kind of Chessboard Kyle uses.

probably a big perk of being NFL head coach is you get unlimited access to a near infinite supply of free hats
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I thought the same thing after 1984. But we get a decent wide reciever from Mississippi Valley State in '85 and in '86 Walsh has a decent draft and three years later we have two more Lombardies. So you never know....

100% once you have the QB you area always a great draft away from another monster window.
Not sure where else to put this as I couldn't find a Media/Cohn thread in the search.

With the Sports Illustrated mass layoffs due to the company having its publishing license revoked, it appears ShanaLynch may have outlasted Grant Cohn.
[ Edited by captveg on Jan 19, 2024 at 12:38 PM ]

Lol good. Guy f**king sucked as a writer in addition to being a weasel
Ringer article about what to look for in a Head Coach during this hiring cycle, and this section stood out to me as to why only fools would consider moving on from Shanahan for [insert reason]:

"The coach ends up being the voice of the franchise. Can they keep everyone grounded when things are going well? Will they take responsibility when things go badly?

The second question is important because things always go badly (eventually). Bill Belichick just went 12-22 over the past two seasons. Andy Reid was 12-20 in his final two years with the Eagles. Mike Tomlin's Steelers have gone seven straight seasons without a playoff win. And those are the great coaches. Just think of everyone else! The NFL is hard, and there are so many variables—injuries, schedule strength, officiating, luck—that determine wins and losses. You'll have seasons when the ball doesn't bounce your way. During those times, you need a coach with a steady hand. Someone who points the finger at themselves and is capable of coming up with solutions for righting the ship. The best coaches come in on a Monday morning with the same demeanor whether the team won or lost the day before. Consistency matters. It's a long season. Having someone with a volatile personality at the top can wear on everyone. Leadership is hard to evaluate, but the truth is it's the only quality that really matters if you are trying to achieve sustained success."

That describes Shanahan perfectly. And that's not even considering his x's and o's skills, which is outstanding.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Lol good. Guy f**king sucked as a writer in addition to being a weasel

No more swimsuit issue doesn't hurt so bad as the past few years editions were lack luster for some reasons.
  • JMC52
  • Veteran

I called this during the game in the Gameday thread.

It was pretty obvious in a blowout
i think this hat is pretty cool

Share 49ersWebzone