There are 132 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I've been pretty advocate recently of what is in front of Kyle from a coaching stance, but I will also add that the players also need to hold themselves accountable. As great of a plan that Kyle can come out up, its up to our players and team to put it into effect and come out on top. PLAYERS THIS IS ALSO YOUR TIME!!
Hopefully he has them ready and they come out wanting it more that anything else. Execute, fight and pound the daylight out of them. Foot on the gas all the way through. No mercy and all business. Superbowl or nothing. End the fantasy of hope for the packers early and decisively
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
I've been pretty advocate recently of what is in front of Kyle from a coaching stance, but I will also add that the players also need to hold themselves accountable. As great of a plan that Kyle can come out up, its up to our players and team to put it into effect and come out on top. PLAYERS THIS IS ALSO YOUR TIME!!

For sure.

I have always wondered how big of an impact that gameplan and coaching has on a big game.

Yes of course the right scheme is important and in game decisions like time outs, challenges, subtitions are very impactful.

But you call a play and it doesnt work and somehow it is always the coaches fault.
But the QB could have audibled, The RB could have chosen a different lane, The OLine still has to protect etc.
Originally posted by Crown:
For sure.

I have always wondered how big of an impact that gameplan and coaching has on a big game.

Yes of course the right scheme is important and in game decisions like time outs, challenges, subtitions are very impactful.

But you call a play and it doesnt work and somehow it is always the coaches fault.
But the QB could have audibled, The RB could have chosen a different lane, The OLine still has to protect etc.

Shoot go look at the Dallas/GB game. The coaching staff f**ked up on both sides of the ball.

Trying to force balls to Lamb all game & not sticking with the run (which was working). They panicked.

Dallas is a man heavy defense. They moved to more zone (because Love isn't as good there) and they weren't prepared to run it, nor did they have the personnel for it. Dudes running wide open all game.

I think the players need to execute the calls given. That's mostly on them, but they need to be prepared to do it. Can't hesitate in football. Need to be confident in what the calls are. Coaches got to get players there and get the right ones on the field.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Crown:
For sure.

Shoot go look at the Dallas/GB game. The coaching staff f**ked up on both sides of the ball.

Trying to force balls to Lamb all game & not sticking with the run (which was working). They panicked.

Dallas is a man heavy defense. They moved to more zone (because Love isn't as good there) and they weren't prepared to run it, nor did they have the personnel for it. Dudes running wide open all game.

I think the players need to execute the calls given. That's mostly on them, but they need to be prepared to do it. Can't hesitate in football. Need to be confident in what the calls are. Coaches got to get players there and get the right ones on the field.

Yeah those are fair points.

I have only coached 4th/5th grade football.

I really have know idea how these dynamics play out in the NFL other than what you can see during the game.

There are some terrible calls for sure.

That final play in the colts game when they needed 1 first down and threw it to a wide open scrub that dropped it. (not a great pass either)

Jonathan Taylor was on the sideline. WTF.
Winning teams have great players, great coaches and great owners. Great coaches can't win without the players. Look at the Patriots now. As good as Kyle is he isn't going to win without the players that Lynch and company have been able to give him.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Winning teams have great players, great coaches and great owners. Great coaches can't win without the players. Look at the Patriots now. As good as Kyle is he isn't going to win without the players that Lynch and company have been able to give him.

Exactly.
Whelp I thought this was our year. There is no way we can win a SB with this 2 minute coaching. Its sad to say but I was mistaken. The guy has not learned how to run a 2 minute offense. We can beat the packers and lions but there's no way you can win against a good team calling a game like this with 2 minutes to go.

Guy has no clue how to manage a game.
I've said this for years. His biggest enemy is himself. That end of the half is him outcoaching himself. This is why he loses the big games. He just gets in his own way.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Jan 20, 2024 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
I've said this for years. His biggest enemy is himself. That end of the half is him outcoaching himself. This is why he loses the big games. He just gets in his own way.

Choke artists. It's so obvious from that series. Shanahan is the weak link in big games...
[ Edited by BoldRedandGold on Jan 20, 2024 at 6:42 PM ]

But he's a great coach who will win 10 Super Bowls right guys?

Here come the trolls 😂
I love my coach
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Ah there he is
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Ah there he is

25 Super Bowl wins. Coming up soon.

Share 49ersWebzone