49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Man, these are games we usually lose. Off schedule.

Odd play calling, special teams fails (Moody, return game), poor pass protection, secondary fails, drops, poor tackling, numerous near INT's, water boy spilled, Joan made an accounting error, zero pass rush, cleat wardrobe malfunctions,, key injury, etc.

But they pulled it out!

I have no doubt they'll look MUCH better next week.

Deebo out took a ton of their game plan out, I"m pretty sure.

This is more than once now. Kyle needs to have plan b and c and d. No excuses.
This ^^^

Just need to accept the guy is a liability at game management and timeout calling.

Yes our special teams is bottom of the barrel, our offensive line is also average to meh, and our defensive line is overrated. Ambry Thomas can be picked on...

All of these things considered were still heads and shoulders talent wise above any other team. The biggest contributor to these games being close is the game management and coaching.

So many times we were in obvious running situations and we called passes instead. The end of the first half game management was a joke...

The end of the game game management was pathetically bad also.

When we had the ball first and 10 at the 35 with like 3 minutes left it was an obvious run situation. Instead we chunk passed it just like in the Sanders SB pass. We then scored and left the other team plenty of time to come back with 3 timeouts. We just got lucky...

That is piss poor game management and its part of shanahans MO...

I honestly thought he might have worked past it midway through this year but that was obviously false...

You are so clueless it's hilarious 😂
Playoff Shanahan strikes again
For the millionth time, Kyle isn't going to change his philosophy because of a couple of idiots say he should and think they know better.

2-3 min drill will always be the same. We will run the clock and take whatever points we can get and leave little time on the clock for the other team. It goes in hand with Kyle's philosophy or always taking the ball to start the 2nd half.

Game plan tonight I was 50/50 on. There was plenty of times I was begging him to run the ball. Especially after that big Jennings 3rd down conversion.

My biggest issue would be not adjusting enough. He see's Purdy is off tonight, stop forcing him to pass. But in the end it worked out since Purdy got so many attempts that he was ready for that last drive and he shinned. Kyle keeping his faith in him was brilliant and it paid off.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Jan 20, 2024 at 8:59 PM ]
Needs to mix In a little Mitchell and Mason. Would also like to see Brown back out there at safety.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
For the millionth time, Kyle isn't going to change his philosophy because of a couple of idiots say he should and think they know better.

2-3 min drill will always be the same. We will run the clock and take whatever points we can get and leave little time on the clock for the other team. It goes in hand with Kyle's philosophy or always taking the ball to start the 2nd half.

Game plan tonight I was 50/50 on. There was plenty of times I was begging him to run the ball. Especially after that big Jennings 3rd down conversion.

My biggest issue would be not adjusting enough. He see's Purdy is off tonight, stop forcing him to pass. But in the end it worked out since Purdy got so many attempts that he was ready for that last drive and he shinned. Kyle keeping his faith in him was brilliant and it paid off.

Shanahan was garbage just like the rest of the team. Be a man and accept it. He is good but he overthinks everything in the playoffs.

Grow up dude. Shanahan isn't the genius you like to think.
Originally posted by Furlow:
1-30 now. Heading in the right direction LFG.

1 in a row!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

Shanahan was garbage just like the rest of the team. Be a man and accept it. He is good but he overthinks everything in the playoffs.

Luckily you are just the genius we need around here.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:

We had players open constantly and Purdy missed or there were drops. Should've ran the ball more, but other than he wasn't the issue.

Here's one to you as well

Poor clock management before the half, but thankfully we hung In there and came through strong In the end.

It's never easy playing In those conditions against a good team such as the Packers, especially when the QB Is struggling to grip the ball properly.

With that being said, I thought the Packers and Rams we're the biggest threats to us heading Into the playoffs and now they're both officially eliminated.

Originally posted by Sickaa:
Poor clock management before the half, but thankfully we hung In there and came through strong In the end.

It's never easy playing In those conditions against a good team such as the Packers, especially when the QB Is struggling to grip the ball properly.

With that being said, I thought the Packers and Rams we're the biggest threats to us heading Into the playoffs and now they're both officially eliminated.

Going off the way Purdy threw the ball the 3rd quarter, it was excellent clock management.

Was probably going to be a +3 kick but the kick got tipped.

Odd play calling, special teams fails (Moody, return game), poor pass protection, secondary fails, drops, poor tackling, numerous near INT's, water boy spilled, Joan made an accounting error, zero pass rush, cleat wardrobe malfunctions,, key injury, etc.

But they pulled it out!

This ^^^

Just need to accept the guy is a liability at game management and timeout calling.

Yes our special teams is bottom of the barrel, our offensive line is also average to meh, and our defensive line is overrated. Ambry Thomas can be picked on...

All of these things considered were still heads and shoulders talent wise above any other team. The biggest contributor to these games being close is the game management and coaching.

So many times we were in obvious running situations and we called passes instead. The end of the first half game management was a joke...

When we had the ball first and 10 at the 35 with like 3 minutes left it was an obvious run situation. Instead we chunk passed it just like in the Sanders SB pass. We then scored and left the other team plenty of time to come back with 3 timeouts. We just got lucky...

I honestly thought he might have worked past it midway through this year but that was obviously false...

Dude is right though.

Shanny has no feel for how to change the tempo of the game, and when that is more important than deciding on elaborate personnel packages. We NEVER no huddle -- we NEVER call multiple plays in one huddle -- we have to wait for lord shanahan to select the perfect play all the time. We never UPTEMPO things when it might be the best bet to get some momentum.

As far as clock management --- come on, you have to admit the way he killed the half had no purpose anyone could identify.

But the biggest problem is our looks are all the same. Opponents know what's coming a mile away. He never mixes up his rb's, or gives targets to non superstars. it makes everything a lot more predictable than it has to be.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jan 20, 2024 at 9:12 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

But they pulled it out!

This ^^^

Dude is right though.

Shanny has no feel for how to change the tempo of the game, and when that is more important than deciding on elaborate personnel packages. We NEVER no huddle -- we NEVER call multiple plays in one huddle -- we have to wait for lord shanahan to select the perfect play all the time. We never UPTEMPO things when it might be the best bet to get some momentum.

As far as clock management --- come on, you have to admit the way he killed the half was dumb.

But the biggest problem is our looks are all the same. Opponents know what's coming a mile away. He never mixes up his rb's, or gives targets to non superstars. it makes everything a lot more predictable than it has to be.

Imagine thinking you know more than Kyle.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree that Kyle is *too aggressive* and he admitted it in the post game interview. As for changing and adjusting, he's learned a lot since he started coaching in 2017. His offensive system is the best, so any changes will not be easy to do because it's such a good offense.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Needs to mix In a little Mitchell and Mason. Would also like to see Brown back out there at safety.

Someone mentioned that when Deebo went down, it might have been cool to use Mitchell more and move CMC to some of Deebo's plays. I like it. You have to plan for that Deebo injury.
Share 49ersWebzone