There are 142 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
I'm just gonna enjoy the ride to the Super Bowl l, knowing that they aren't gonna win one.
To win a Super Bowl with this coach, we are gonna have to win IN SPITE of him. I don't know if this team can overcome Kyle's short comings. So I'm just gonna enjoy the ride, not expecting the ultimate win.

what a miserable approach

Let's all take this LUCKY win.... better be lucky than NOT !!

I DID SAY, IT WAS GOING TO BE THE 49ERS vs THOSE KNEE BITING LIONS !!

We also had some bad luck. Players slipping on big gains by GB. A fumble bouncing right into a Packers player's hands. A ref being fooled by a flop. I'd say the luck evened out in the end, and our team punched the ball in when it counted most.

but EVERY FANS here gots to see how this was KYLE's bad game planning... he was trying to OUT-SHINE the other HC..

NOT running the ball as we should due to the weather
CLUELESS after Deevah went down...
CLELESS once again w/2 minutes left in the 1H

Green Bay's youth helped us out... KYLE needs to really learn how to game plan instead of trying to FIND pretty plays from his playbook..

wheeewwww... lucky lucky we are..
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Kyle's play calling tonight and the last drive/clock management before the half are valid topics imo

I haven't seen anything yet but I bet you he said the d was gassed and he didn't want them back out there ?

Yeah I was letting my emotions get to me earlier but I still think he outsmarts himself and is his own worst enemy. Dude needs to learn to get out of his own head sometimes.

I think he operates better on a rigid schedule with one week to gamelan vs 2+ especially with high pressure games lol so Super Bowl may be scary if we can get there. He probably over thinks it.
Kyle's play calling tonight and the last drive/clock management before the half are valid topics imo

I haven't seen anything yet but I bet you he said the d was gassed and he didn't want them back out there ?

i don't really question the play calling so much because their was plays to be made for the offense and the passing game. The clock management at the end of the half was just terrible though. It hasn't been the first time he has done this at the half either. Not sure his thought process when we are driving before the half and he just isn't preserving enough clock for a TD opportunity. Kyle has got to do a better job at knowing when to take some time off the clock and when to hurry it the hell up. he starts the drive right but doesn't know when to speed it up. All is forgotten when it ends well though.
Originally posted by Bloodless:

i don't really question the play calling so much because their was plays to be made for the offense and the passing game. The clock management at the end of the half was just terrible though. It hasn't been the first time he has done this at the half either. Not sure his thought process when we are driving before the half and he just isn't preserving enough clock for a TD opportunity. Kyle has got to do a better job at knowing when to take some time off the clock and when to hurry it the hell up. he starts the drive right but doesn't know when to speed it up. All is forgotten when it ends well though.

Yes we won, but he took years off my life. lol he needs to make some changes for his game days because it happens too often.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Man, these are games we usually lose. Off schedule.

Odd play calling, special teams fails (Moody, return game), poor pass protection, secondary fails, drops, poor tackling, numerous near INT's, water boy spilled, Joan made an accounting error, zero pass rush, cleat wardrobe malfunctions,, key injury, etc.

But they pulled it out!

I have no doubt they'll look MUCH better next week.

Deebo out took a ton of their game plan out, I"m pretty sure.

This is more than once now. Kyle needs to have plan b and c and d. No excuses.
This ^^^

Just need to accept the guy is a liability at game management and timeout calling.

Yes our special teams is bottom of the barrel, our offensive line is also average to meh, and our defensive line is overrated. Ambry Thomas can be picked on...

All of these things considered were still heads and shoulders talent wise above any other team. The biggest contributor to these games being close is the game management and coaching.

So many times we were in obvious running situations and we called passes instead. The end of the first half game management was a joke...

The end of the game game management was pathetically bad also.

When we had the ball first and 10 at the 35 with like 3 minutes left it was an obvious run situation. Instead we chunk passed it just like in the Sanders SB pass. We then scored and left the other team plenty of time to come back with 3 timeouts. We just got lucky...

That is piss poor game management and its part of shanahans MO...

I honestly thought he might have worked past it midway through this year but that was obviously false...

You are so clueless it's hilarious 😂

Dude is right though.

Shanny has no feel for how to change the tempo of the game, and when that is more important than deciding on elaborate personnel packages. We NEVER no huddle -- we NEVER call multiple plays in one huddle -- we have to wait for lord shanahan to select the perfect play all the time. We never UPTEMPO things when it might be the best bet to get some momentum.

As far as clock management --- come on, you have to admit the way he killed the half was dumb.

But the biggest problem is our looks are all the same. Opponents know what's coming a mile away. He never mixes up his rb's, or gives targets to non superstars. it makes everything a lot more predictable than it has to be.

Imagine thinking you know more than Kyle.

Huh?
Being critical of Lord Shannahan is a big no no.
I believe in Kyle and that he's an innovative coach, I also believe he has the quarterback he wanted and needed to unlock his offense's potential. That being said I wish he wouldn't be such a p***y during big games he keeps getting conservative and his play calling is conservative or he settles for a FG.
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
I believe in Kyle and that he's an innovative coach, I also believe he has the quarterback he wanted and needed to unlock his offense's potential. That being said I wish he wouldn't be such a p***y during big games he keeps getting conservative and his play calling is conservative or he settles for a FG.

I doubt that he was being a P****Y... the guy just does not know how to game plan against his opponents.. he's always trying to OUT-SHINE the other HC with his play designs..

if it was not for JENNINGS, I doubt that we woulda won the game..

I love my HC.
Originally posted by Heroism:

I love my HC.

Time to get it all together and bring it home.
Worst game he's ever called. When he needed to make the right calls on the last drive he did.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Worst game he's ever called. When he needed to make the right calls on the last drive he did.

Clutch then right?
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:

I doubt that he was being a P****Y... the guy just does not know how to game plan against his opponents.. he's always trying to OUT-SHINE the other HC with his play designs..

if it was not for JENNINGS, I doubt that we woulda won the game..

Christ the team wins & we still have ppl basically calling Shanahan trash, he knows how to game -lan, losing Deebo hurt, WTF did ppl expect, I've said it for months Deebo makes this offense go but ppl like you would rather come up with dumb as f**k trade ideas, I'm happy., we won big deal with the way the first half ended, we f**king won, get over the past, he's not being conservative, again lost Deebo gameplan went out the door, it happens, every great coach have to deal with this at a moment in their career, and we weren't outplayed either for 58 mins like the analysts said, it was a back & forth tough game in the rain, I swear this fanbase has earned the 40 Whiners moniker that Rams fans say.

It's up to the players to execute the game-lan & plays, stop acting like you know more than Kyle does, I love the armchair GMs & HCs on here, if you're so great why are you not with an nfl team? I'm just so sick of the whining & b***hing & moaning, complaining etc…..
Originally posted by Heroism:

I love my HC.

I think we got this. Earlier in the year, the Browns played us a lot like GB did this game and we couldn't pull through. It led to a skid before before we turned it around. This time, we overcame adversity and won a game where we made a lot of mistakes. Teams need these kind of wins to build momentum and I for one am thankful for a tough contest instead of a blowout win. We're hungry and now humbled, and we got the guys to bring it home. Let's go 2-0 to close this b***h out.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

It's up to the players to execute the game-lan & plays, stop acting like you know more than Kyle does, I love the armchair GMs & HCs on here, if you're so great why are you not with an nfl team? I'm just so sick of the whining & b***hing & moaning, complaining etc…..

Why is Kyle above criticism? He got lucky tonight. He was complete dog s**t with his play calling for the majority of this game. He's not perfect.
Share 49ersWebzone