George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 178 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Worst game he's ever called. When he needed to make the right calls on the last drive he did.

Clutch then right?
lulz
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 49ersGiantspride:
I believe in Kyle and that he's an innovative coach, I also believe he has the quarterback he wanted and needed to unlock his offense's potential. That being said I wish he wouldn't be such a p***y during big games he keeps getting conservative and his play calling is conservative or he settles for a FG.

I doubt that he was being a P****Y... the guy just does not know how to game plan against his opponents.. he's always trying to OUT-SHINE the other HC with his play designs..

if it was not for JENNINGS, I doubt that we woulda won the game..

Christ the team wins & we still have ppl basically calling Shanahan trash, he knows how to game -lan, losing Deebo hurt, WTF did ppl expect, I've said it for months Deebo makes this offense go but ppl like you would rather come up with dumb as f**k trade ideas, I'm happy., we won big deal with the way the first half ended, we f**king won, get over the past, he's not being conservative, again lost Deebo gameplan went out the door, it happens, every great coach have to deal with this at a moment in their career, and we weren't outplayed either for 58 mins like the analysts said, it was a back & forth tough game in the rain, I swear this fanbase has earned the 40 Whiners moniker that Rams fans say.

I just laugh at them.

Don't get into arguments with half-witted takes.
Glad he got his comeback. Hoping we use CMC in the passing game and run Mason and Mitchell a bit more. Not that CMC didn't have an amazing game, but just in case Deebo is out- I think we can do some things if we lose our RB depth better to compensate for games without Deebo.
Worst game he's ever called. When he needed to make the right calls on the last drive he did.

It's up to the players to execute the game-lan & plays, stop acting like you know more than Kyle does, I love the armchair GMs & HCs on here, if you're so great why are you not with an nfl team? I'm just so sick of the whining & b***hing & moaning, complaining etc…..

Why is Kyle above criticism? He got lucky tonight. He was complete dog s**t with his play calling for the majority of this game. He's not perfect.

His QB was off. If his QB is on his plays look a lot better.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 20, 2024 at 10:12 PM ]
Glad we won. I like him but think he had a s**t game.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

His QB didn't p***y out at midfield with 4 minutes left with 3 TOs. His QB didnt call a run play for the slowest WR we have. His QB didn't abandon the run game which was working for the majority of the game. His QB didn't forget we don't have to go empty backfield on the majority of our pass plays tonight. Kyle was bad.

It's up to the players to execute the game-lan & plays, stop acting like you know more than Kyle does, I love the armchair GMs & HCs on here, if you're so great why are you not with an nfl team? I'm just so sick of the whining & b***hing & moaning, complaining etc…..

Why is Kyle above criticism? He got lucky tonight. He was complete dog s**t with his play calling for the majority of this game. He's not perfect.

I thought only like 3-4 play calls on 1st downs were dog s**t, the others were fine it was just Purdy missing open players.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Glad we won. I like him but think he had a s**t game.

Exactly.. people who can't look past the Kyle shaded roses, aren't critical thinkers.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

His QB didn't p***y out at midfield with 4 minutes left with 3 TOs. His QB didnt call a run play for the slowest WR we have. His QB didn't abandon the run game which was working for the majority of the game. His QB didn't forget we don't have to go empty backfield on the majority of our pass plays tonight. Kyle was bad.

I was shocked at how much empty backfield they used tonight.

what was up with that?

The run game was not working for the majority of the game. It was feast or famine.

Guys were open. Gotta hit them.

His worst called game. I don't know why so many guys are trying to defend his play-calling in this game and his clock-management at the end of the first half.

I like Kyle and he is a very good coach but he had a s**tty game.
Originally posted by Crown:

I was shocked at how much empty backfield they used tonight.

what was up with that?

Have to assume that was the game plan based on what Kyle saw.

Like I said, it wasn't a bad game plan. There were some drops and bad throws and back protection even on 3 step drops and quick throws out of the shotgun.

If there was any issue is that we didn't adjust more, and try and run the ball more when it was obvious that Purdy and the rest of the offense was struggling.

But in the end it worked because at least Purdy was able to get a bunch of reps and figure it out for that final drive.

And the bonus is that it removed that stigma about Kyle and Purdy that they can't win from behind.
He got too cute. You can tell deebo was going to be huge this game. This was the perfect game for him. But in the end he made some good calls. He got one money off his back, hoping he can get the other one off.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Glad he got his comeback. Hoping we use CMC in the passing game and run Mason and Mitchell a bit more. Not that CMC didn't have an amazing game, but just in case Deebo is out- I think we can do some things if we lose our RB depth better to compensate for games without Deebo.
This is exactly what I was thinking. Hope to see both more next week.
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
His worst called game. I don't know why so many guys are trying to defend his play-calling in this game and his clock-management at the end of the first half.

I like Kyle and he is a very good coach but he had a s**tty game.

I think l guys are so quick to blame the coach when there's struggles moving the ball. It's a lazy take, imo. Like, there's lots of reasons when things aren't ideal out there. Weather, drops, penalties, poor oline play, defense not getting off the field, QB missing throws, running game not getting consistent yards, opposing defense playing well, blocked FG, etc. All the above were factors and provide nuance as to why we weren't scoring a s**t ton of points. It we still scored 24 and got the W.

I think there's an argument to be made whether Kyle should be more aggressive to end the half. I don't know that this game, with how Brock was struggling in the rain, and how our defense was struggling to get stops, was the right game to be aggressive at the end of the half. The FG doesn't get blocked and it's a good decision, imo, but hindsight is 20/20.

I really have such little issue with how this game was called. It was a tough match against a red hot team in adverse conditions and we came out on top. So what the f**k are we crying about again?
Share 49ersWebzone