George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 182 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

If he coaches like this again, we aren't winning the SB. In all likelihood, we will play Detroit. Then, KC/Baltimore.
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
His worst called game. I don't know why so many guys are trying to defend his play-calling in this game and his clock-management at the end of the first half.

I like Kyle and he is a very good coach but he had a s**tty game.

I think l guys are so quick to blame the coach when there's struggles moving the ball. It's a lazy take, imo. Like, there's lots of reasons when things aren't ideal out there. Weather, drops, penalties, poor oline play, defense not getting off the field, QB missing throws, running game not getting consistent yards, opposing defense playing well, blocked FG, etc. All the above were factors and provide nuance as to why we weren't scoring a s**t ton of points. It we still scored 24 and got the W.

I think there's an argument to be made whether Kyle should be more aggressive to end the half. I don't know that this game, with how Brock was struggling in the rain, and how our defense was struggling to get stops, was the right game to be aggressive at the end of the half. The FG doesn't get blocked and it's a good decision, imo, but hindsight is 20/20.

I really have such little issue with how this game was called. It was a tough match against a red hot team in adverse conditions and we came out on top. So what the f**k are we crying about again?

They were literally driving down the field. GB wasn't stopping them on that drive. We didn't deserve points on that drive for the way he called that s**t. He's got no balls when it matters.
In a game that was always a one possession game, playing in the air, there is no excuse for that run/pass ratio.

Yes I know a lot of CMC runs went nowhere but he's your most explosive player and a home run threat on any run.
You cant pass the ball in these conditions this much.
NFC Championship game #4. Not the best game out of him you can tell playing from behind isn't a strong suit but the man is an elite coach.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Worst game he's ever called. When he needed to make the right calls on the last drive he did.

It's up to the players to execute the game-lan & plays, stop acting like you know more than Kyle does, I love the armchair GMs & HCs on here, if you're so great why are you not with an nfl team? I'm just so sick of the whining & b***hing & moaning, complaining etc…..

Why is Kyle above criticism? He got lucky tonight. He was complete dog s**t with his play calling for the majority of this game. He's not perfect.

His QB was off. If his QB is on his plays look a lot better.

...and his QB was off in large part because the Packer ID was constantly in his face.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
I won't judge Kyle on that game.
It was a dogfight in the rain. You take what you can.
That being said, I think I would have liked more runs specially with a physical player like Jordan Mason. Sometimes Kyle is too aggressive with his passing game.
And when Deebo is out, just play CMC in the slot and put Mitchell or Mason in the backfield. They're both good pass catchers. They can make plays. I don't trust Ray-Ray as the third WR in a game like that.
[ Edited by pdc20 on Jan 21, 2024 at 1:05 AM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
He got too cute. You can tell deebo was going to be huge this game. This was the perfect game for him. But in the end he made some good calls. He got one money off his back, hoping he can get the other one off.

I think Deebo was a big part of his game plan and after spending 2 weeks on it then suddenly losing Deebo early he had to adjust on the fly and move players around. Which isn't a easy thing to do since Deebo does so much for the offense.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jan 21, 2024 at 1:06 AM ]
I was somewhat surprised at the lack of playaction and predominant passing out of shotgun
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
His QB was off. If his QB is on his plays look a lot better.

Ok, this is not the first time Brock has looked shaky in wet conditions. I'm still baffled why Kyle doesn't have the team prepare for games like this with wet balls, or whatever else can be simulated, but it obviously needs to happen. Either Brock becomes more accustomed to playing with wet balls or gets used to wearing gloves. The only fact is that there is a down tick in Brock's performance in wet weather, and Kyle doesn't believe in prepping for it. Maybe Brock should start doing it on his own, since this definitely won't be the last rainy game.
I love how he has so much trust in Purdy, never in a million years would he let Jimmy throw like that.

Brock needs to figure out his grip in the rain, plays were there, guys were open and he kept f**kin missing
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 21, 2024 at 1:52 AM ]

Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
Freaking liability with his game management skills. The team has to beat the other team +his game management with anything under 6 minutes.

Left 2 minutes to tie the game after botching the hell out of the first half. Mahomes would have broke our hearts the same way as if sanders caught that pass in this game.

Just lucky love isn't mahomes or Jackson...

Hes obviously the weak link with his game management. Dudes like a high functioning autistic. Can draw up a play like no one else but then goes full moron not knowing when to run or pass at the end of halfs and games...

no, he didn't botch the 1st half. He said he had a big play dialed up to BA but the Packers were playing it deep and Purdy had to check it down with pressure.

his objective was NOT to go into the half with just a FG

some of you fans love to fabricate s**t out of pure emotion lol
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Jan 21, 2024 at 3:24 AM ]
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Morons lol

did Shanny get that monkey off his back regarding trailing in the 4th Quarter?

trailing by 8+ points, 0-38

trailing by 3-7 points, 2-31
I preached this throughout the week. Shanny hasn't lost in the Wild Card or Divisional Round.

Facts don't care about your feelings.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Morons lol

did Shanny get that monkey off his back regarding trailing in the 4th Quarter?

trailing by 8+ points, 0-38

trailing by 3-7 points, 2-31

Dude go look at the records of damn near every HC that's trailing by 8+ in the 4th QR….cherry picking stat without context.
Dude needs to grow a set, the play calling and clock management was p***y play before the half.

If we play the Lions they're gonna do the opposite of what kyle did.
Share 49ersWebzone