LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 172 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

The 49ers need to identify a player who is capable of running all of Deebo's plays.

If Deebo gets hurt, that player makes a seamless transition.

If the 49ers don't have a player to backup Deebo and or Shanahan simply doesn't trust anyone enough, then Shanahan needs to plan better.

I'd even stretch it to the point where Shanahan is too Dependent on Samuel. Deebo is a luxury, not a focal point.
McCaffrey is really the guy who should take a lot of Deebo's touches with the screens and sweeps from the backfield. Get Mitchell in there with him.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
The 49ers need to identify a player who is capable of running all of Deebo's plays.

If the 49ers don't have a player to backup Deebo and or Shanahan simply doesn't trust anyone enough, then Shanahan needs to plan better.

I'd even stretch it to the point where Shanahan is too Dependent on Samuel. Deebo is a luxury, not a focal point.

I was hoping we would have signed Cordarrelle Patterson a few years ago. That ship has sailed though; dude probably going to retire in a season or two.
Lol he said "he Ron Burgundy'd it" about the Jennings run.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
McCaffrey is really the guy who should take a lot of Deebo's touches with the screens and sweeps from the backfield. Get Mitchell in there with him.

That's what I said last night
Kyle got lucky we were playing the youngest team in the NFL.
it'll be different if we end up playing the lions. They have a better offensive line. And they will continue to run the ball unlike the pack.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Schulzy:

That's what I said last night

100% correct.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
it'll be different if we end up playing the lions. They have a better offensive line. And they will continue to run the ball unlike the pack.

I'm sorry we won it must be horrible for you.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JR80Forever:

CMC could have ran that play better than Jennings.

I just didnt like that gameplan.

Once it was clear BP was off you could go to more run heavy and quicker higher percentage plays.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Bro, just ignore my posts. Don't comment at all cause it's embarrassing. You contribute nothing to the conversation.

How do not give a run play to Mitchell or Mason AT ALL during a slog fest of a game like this? But you give one to Jennings...like WTF?

We had no business winning that game. I expected sooo much more on the ground. After it failed miserably against the Ravens, he comes out again with empty backfields, in the rain. Dude is special needs
The 49ers have had 10 post-seasons where they have played 3 playoff games.

The first 5 they went 3-0 and won the SB.

The next 5 they went 2-1, including 2 SB losses (2012, 2013, 2019, 2021, 2022).

Let's get this trend back to the 3-0 variety, coach!
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Worst game he's ever called. When he needed to make the right calls on the last drive he did.

It's up to the players to execute the game-lan & plays, stop acting like you know more than Kyle does, I love the armchair GMs & HCs on here, if you're so great why are you not with an nfl team? I'm just so sick of the whining & b***hing & moaning, complaining etc…..

Why is Kyle above criticism? He got lucky tonight. He was complete dog s**t with his play calling for the majority of this game. He's not perfect.

His QB was off. If his QB is on his plays look a lot better.

...and his QB was off in large part because the Packer ID was constantly in his face.

Yet we threw the ball 39 times and rushed CMC 17. I don't think that is the answer.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

There he is.

Hysterikal wins most level headed poster last night.
Share 49ersWebzone