LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 207 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

I guarantee if we win there's gonna be a photo leak sometime in the off-season of smoking the fattest blunt ever. Dude needs a long break.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
This will be the defining game in Kyle's coaching career.

i dont think anyone sees it that way he has one of the best win % in history of NFL when it comes to playoff games it would suck to lose but he will still be seen as a elite coach no matter what

Like Bill Walsh with no Superbowl trophies
It's all about the Ring!

i dont think anyone sees it that way he has one of the best win % in history of NFL when it comes to playoff games it would suck to lose but he will still be seen as a elite coach no matter what

Like Bill Walsh with no Superbowl trophies
It's all about the Ring!
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by dj43:
Shanahan deserves a lot of credit for his scheme and play-calling, however, it was Purdy making off-schedule plays that won the game. The escape and pass to Juice, the 53 yards of scrambles in key situations, and giving BA a chance in a one-on-one situation are all things Purdy created that allowed the team to win. He put the team, and Shanahan on his back and carried them to the Super Bowl. Shanahan realized it, which is why he was the first guy to hug Purdy. I'll stop short of calling it a marriage made in heaven but it is pretty dang good.

After watching JD's video that was Brock bailing out CMC for whiffing hard on the block. Had CMC just stopped the rusher for 1 sec or so Brock had Aiyuk and Juice wide open for 20+ yard gain. It was a perfect call from Kyle, but poor execution from CMC. Thankfully Brock made the guy miss and scrambled to find Juice. Nice job Brock!

@22:58

On one of Purdy's scrambled he had Deebo with a half step separation and looked liked he was going to throw it to him, but decided not too. I think if he hit Deebo, deebo probably has a higher chance of making it a touchdown play. Either way Brock scrambled and got a big play. Not sure if he didn't trust Deebo or what... but He made the same throw in a tighter window last week to Aiyuk for the 1st down. Either way Brock got it done. Nice Job Brock!

@20:38 in the same video above.

Thx jd!
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crown:

Perhaps.

Reid took 17 years to win a SB.

Do his playoff losses in philly define him?

No but his Superbowl wins and losses do

No one talks about Reids SB losses. Come on now.
Yes they do.

The whole Andy Reid cant win a Superbowl without Mahomes thing is real

The people of Philly talk about Reids losses as well
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Jan 30, 2024 at 8:50 PM ]
we switched to cover 2 and man defense more often also AA played more defensive end

Wasn't what I was asking. I was asking moreso about how much that changed the game against the good fortune we also had, and also whether 2nd half adjustments over the course of the season had more or less impact than the fact that the team was routinely up by double digits in the 2nd halves of nearly all our wins.

it's just one play, but I know adjustments didn't help Josh Reynolds drop and basically kick a ball that hit him in the chest for what should have been a 3rd down conversion. Or take the fumble play… I don't think it was an adjustment that caused the confusion between Goff and Gibbs that lead to a mangled hand off and poor ball security.

And then going back to the final point, how much weight do we put on 2nd half adjustments when the 1st half gameplans are getting beat? Obviously no big deal when you're playing a trash Giants offense in week 3, or a Passtronaut lead Cardinals team… but they are a big deal when you're getting buried in the first half of playoff games.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jan 30, 2024 at 8:50 PM ]
In the Detriot Lions NFC game, Anyone think the half time quality control unit people made the adjustments above Kyles head or at least in co-operation with him.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Jan 30, 2024 at 8:53 PM ]
Any one think the half time quality control unit people made the adjustments above Kyles head.
what?
We have a quality control unit that talks to the coaches at half time about what they are seeing.

First they talk to John Lynch and if John agrees, they talk to the coaches to rectify anything that they are seeing.

Hence the second half defence was a lot tighter in the linebacking corp and we ran some stunts and blitzes and started in blitz formation a few times.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Any one think the half time quality control unit people made the adjustments above Kyles head.
what?

Agreed. But with more emphasis. Such as: WHAT???

I did see the answer. But, once again, I must ask: WHAT???
Did you see the different team that played in the second half that were wearing the 49er guenseys?

The quality control unit re-organised the defence at half time.

Down 17 points at half time, the input of the quality control team erased that deficit in 8 minutes.

That is how important the quality control team is.
Did you see the different team that played in the second half that were wearing the 49er guenseys?

Down 17 points at half time, the input of the quality control team erased that deficit in 8 minutes.

Was it Grant Cohn I saw pimping this angle on Twitter?
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Was it Grant Cohn I saw pimping this angle on Twitter?
ronnie been on a binger of bad takes.. probably is that weasel
The 49ers have a quality control unit

They went to work at half time

We were 17 points down at half time.

It took 8 minutes to erase that deficit.

I think that shows the quality control unit did a good job.

Luck and good management are strong winds to sail on.
Share 49ersWebzone