LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 192 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Not sure if it's already been posted....
Is the QC unit the Illuminati of the Niners or something? Kyle is just a puppet?

There was probably a reason the coaching staff wasn't panicking... Knowing Kyle he prolly did his due diligence and looked up stats such as Lions being HORRIBLE in the 3rd quarter and let the team know about it. Hence we were able to tie it up with 3 mins left in the 3rd quarter. I can't confirm that Kyle actually looked into this stuff, but me being a fan can see this stuff, I'm sure Kyle that is so into the game would've seen it before me. Great Job Kyle.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
If the 49ers win Sunday, Shanny will unequivocally be the best HC in the NFL, IMO. It will catapult him into a unique God-tier HC category as the 49ers get their first SB under him and continue to be serious contenders for more SBs into the future. We just need 1 to open the floodgates to a dynasty, baby.

The Shanahan coaching forest will triple in size.!

A dynasty could happen again. Tom Brady's team is an example.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by 9moon:
POTENTIAL - you need to realize that our QB is in his SECOND YEAR only... he's already not getting any respect because his name isn't TREY LANCE.. if you think about it, he's in a very difficult situation because our team is a contender and he's super young...

bottom line.. WE WIN BABY.. WE WIN !!

SF 31
KC 30

THE DRIVE BY BROCK II !!!

Hell yes! Purdy is a duel threat now, they can't ignore his legs!

Quad-zilla!
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Wasn't what I was asking. I was asking moreso about how much that changed the game against the good fortune we also had, and also whether 2nd half adjustments over the course of the season had more or less impact than the fact that the team was routinely up by double digits in the 2nd halves of nearly all our wins.

it's just one play, but I know adjustments didn't help Josh Reynolds drop and basically kick a ball that hit him in the chest for what should have been a 3rd down conversion. Or take the fumble play… I don't think it was an adjustment that caused the confusion between Goff and Gibbs that lead to a mangled hand off and poor ball security.

And then going back to the final point, how much weight do we put on 2nd half adjustments when the 1st half gameplans are getting beat? Obviously no big deal when you're playing a trash Giants offense in week 3, or a Passtronaut lead Cardinals team… but they are a big deal when you're getting buried in the first half of playoff games.

youre talking about 1 drop in a half. they did not score a single point in the second half until the 2 minute warning pretty much. You are reminding me of the Mark Cuban - skip bayless debate lol saying the defensive adjustments had no impact on how the other team couldn't produce, Again there was a stat going around we have allowed the least amount f 4th Q points in the NFL.

And we had 3 turnovers that game eve if you don't credit the D with the fumble which is odd they forced 2 more turnovers
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by 9moon:
POTENTIAL - you need to realize that our QB is in his SECOND YEAR only... he's already not getting any respect because his name isn't TREY LANCE.. if you think about it, he's in a very difficult situation because our team is a contender and he's super young...

bottom line.. WE WIN BABY.. WE WIN !!

SF 31
KC 30

THE DRIVE BY BROCK II !!!

Hell yes! Purdy is a duel threat now, they can't ignore his legs!

Quad-zilla!

Mandatory Quadzilla gif

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Kyle and his dad are nearly the same age in these photos and Kyle has aged like a raisin in comparison. lol must get it from his moms side.

Kyle has already matched his dads career playoff win record. lol after 1998, his dad only won one playoff game. 1998 - 2013, one playoff game. kinda crazy.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 31, 2024 at 6:27 AM ]
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
The 49ers have a quality control unit

They went to work at half time

We were 17 points down at half time.

It took 8 minutes to erase that deficit.

I think that shows the quality control unit did a good job.

Luck and good management are strong winds to sail on.

HC has final decision on s**t. Not the quality control unit. There is no one above Kyle.

he can and does listen/depend on everyone within HIS staff. He's the one that makes the call though. There's no going over his head because there isn't anyone.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 31, 2024 at 6:56 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
HC has final decision on s**t. Not the quality control unit. There is no one above Kyle.

he can and does listen/depend on everyone within HIS staff. He's the one that makes the call though. There's no going over his head because there isn't anyone.

I think the reason why Seattle & Washington are still open is because any HC worth their salt wants personnel control.

I think kyle does an excellent job depending on his staff - thats the reason we even have purdy. he didni't scout him, he asked his staff to find a late round pick to develop and they wanted Brock.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I think the reason why Seattle & Washington are still open is because any HC worth their salt wants personnel control.

I think kyle does an excellent job depending on his staff - thats the reason we even have purdy. he didni't scout him, he asked his staff to find a late round pick to develop and they wanted Brock.

Every good HC listens/depends to his staff. The whole quality control went over his head about second half adjustments is a dumb take imo.
Originally posted by ritz126:
youre talking about 1 drop in a half. they did not score a single point in the second half until the 2 minute warning pretty much. You are reminding me of the Mark Cuban - skip bayless debate lol saying the defensive adjustments had no impact on how the other team couldn't produce, Again there was a stat going around we have allowed the least amount f 4th Q points in the NFL.

And we had 3 turnovers that game eve if you don't credit the D with the fumble which is odd they forced 2 more turnovers

I'm not saying they had no impact. I'm asking how much credit is deserved and how much it should be weighted against an extremely poor first half showing. Your original post that I replied to simply said 2nd half adjustments are the sign of a good coach. Ok, Great. I personally think sound gameplans and first half performances matter too. When you come out and look like one of the worst defenses in the NFL in the first half (not all Wilks fault either), that's something to consider yea?
If the 49ers win Sunday, Shanny will unequivocally be the best HC in the NFL, IMO. It will catapult him into a unique God-tier HC category as the 49ers get their first SB under him and continue to be serious contenders for more SBs into the future. We just need 1 to open the floodgates to a dynasty, baby.

People keep bringing up NE as an example but they were in a very unique position. The weakest division in the league for 20 years. Bad coaches. Bad QBs Brady was able to take less money because of his wife so they were able to pay the defense and O line. No really dominant team in the NFL in that period so it wasn't like facing the 80s Niners or 90s Cowboys in the SB.

The Niners don't have those conditions. The Rams will always be formidable as long as McVay is there. Even if he leaves the team has the money to pay a big time coach. The Seahawks have a lot of young talent so they'll get better. The Niners best players are vets. Williams, CMC, Kittle and Deebo could all be gone in 2 or 3 years. Brock is young and on a rookie contract but if they continue to have success with him he's going to get paid.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

People keep bringing up NE as an example but they were in a very unique position. The weakest division in the league for 20 years. Bad coaches. Bad QBs Brady was able to take less money because of his wife so they were able to pay the defense and O line. No really dominant team in the NFL in that period so it wasn't like facing the 80s Niners or 90s Cowboys in the SB.

The Niners don't have those conditions. The Rams will always be formidable as long as McVay is there. Even if he leaves the team has the money to pay a big time coach. The Seahawks have a lot of young talent so they'll get better. The Niners best players are vets. Williams, CMC, Kittle and Deebo could all be gone in 2 or 3 years. Brock is young and on a rookie contract but if they continue to have success with him he's going to get paid.

Yeah, dynasties are difficult to maintain, but when you have a transcendent QB and an innovative coach, those teams find ways to always be competitive. There will be ebbs and flows, but if Purdy is in fact, Him, then you always have a chance to be good. Gotta win this one though.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Kyle and his dad are nearly the same age in these photos and Kyle has aged like a raisin in comparison. lol must get it from his moms side.

Kyle has already matched his dads career playoff win record. lol after 1998, his dad only won one playoff game. 1998 - 2013, one playoff game. kinda crazy.

eMac should have played more games as a 49er... and as a Giant... the guy was very good at Stanford..
Share 49ersWebzone