LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 204 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Adam Peters was probably upset they were bringing in a young QB who could possibly challenge his boy Trey. Otherwise, why would anyone give a damn about the last pick in the draft?

the way it sounded to me was that there were multiple position group coaches who thought there were quality players they could of grabbed that would of made more of an impact, and was needed more, than a practice squad qb (which is what they most likely thought he would be his rookie year at the time). it makes sense. lol kyle had Trey (huge investment a couple years before), Jimmy (20M a year), and Sudfeld (2M guaranteed) - a qb wasn't necessarily a "need". I'm sure it was like linebacker coach, safety, corner coach, line coach or something like that - not john lynch or jed.

btw, situations like this are EXACTLY why any good HC wants personnel control. otherwise, we most likely never draft him and are effed right now.

Jimmy was not expected to be back at that time, so really their only two QBs at the time were Trey and Sudfeld. 0% chance they don't add another QB as either a UDFA or draft pick as a developmental prospect or camp arm. Nobody is having heated debates about the 262 pick. Maybe King got confused (he is pretty old and likely senile) and the arguments that he heard about were actually about us wasting another 3rd round pick on a running back.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Shanahan will probably make Brian Griese "OC" and Klay Kubiak QB coach.

It would be smart. If not Griese for some reason maybe Brian Fleury?
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Cmon Kyle, please win this one and don't make stupid choices.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Cmon Kyle, please win this one and don't make stupid choices.

this! YOUR TIME IS NOW KYLE!

I'm hopeful, but I will never take what Patrick Mahomes can do lightly. If we're not careful he'll go full grim reaper on us.
Adam Peters was probably upset they were bringing in a young QB who could possibly challenge his boy Trey. Otherwise, why would anyone give a damn about the last pick in the draft?

If Adam Peters really championed Trey Lance, and it sounds like he did, I'm glad he's gone. I had no idea he was a big part of the Trey Cheer Squad. But, in looking at articles written about the 2021 draft, that appears to be the case.

Mebbe Jerry Jones can trade Trey back to Adam. So he can live with that pick.
Originally posted by tankle104:
the way it sounded to me was that there were multiple position group coaches who thought there were quality players they could of grabbed that would of made more of an impact, and was needed more, than a practice squad qb (which is what they most likely thought he would be his rookie year at the time). it makes sense. lol kyle had Trey (huge investment a couple years before), Jimmy (20M a year), and Sudfeld (2M guaranteed) - a qb wasn't necessarily a "need". I'm sure it was like linebacker coach, safety, corner coach, line coach or something like that - not john lynch or jed.

btw, situations like this are EXACTLY why any good HC wants personnel control. otherwise, we most likely never draft him and are effed right now.

That's how I see it too.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

LOL. Yeah, f**k that guy!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

LOL. Yeah, f**k that guy!
I listened to that Peter King interview. He was purely speculating
Get your ring, Kyle, then get some rest
Originally posted by BP13:

He's turning into a NY rat before our eyes.
Originally posted by BP13:

[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Feb 5, 2024 at 1:42 AM ]

Thats our coach.

Thats our coach.

Kind of looks like coach sat down with Mooney Ward to have a sensible chat about behavioural expectations leading up to the game, but during the course of the conversation Mooney actually turned the whole thing around and got Kyle excited about the idea of hitting up the strip. Thug Life.

Thats our coach.

He's hittin the titty bars with mooney ward confirmed
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
No off season for Kyle again.

Break out the, "My name is _______" stickers.

Yup. Promote from within or get a promising Holmgren 2.0 from outside as your passing game coordinator?
I gotta say the Peter King X post showing Kyle driving a Tesla and the first comment was: Shanahan drives a tesla? Chiefs by 21! Made me lol.
Share 49ersWebzone