LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 248 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Mason has zero fumbles in the regular season as well with more than double the YPC.

Also, Mitchell gave up a sack on his last pass blocking attempt.

Maybe Mason is fumbling in practice a lot, I don't know, but if that's not happening I still don't get it.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the YPC either way. Mitchell had 75 carries spread out over the course of the season… rarely had stretches with lots of them at one time (probably only three games).

Yeah but it's clear Mason is the better runner, you don't need to look at stats to see that. People can dismiss that by saying Kyle doesn't trust his blocking or whatever but the tape doesn't lie.

Based on what? A couple of carriers? Mitchell has proven to be a good RB, his health was the issue.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Mason has zero fumbles in the regular season as well with more than double the YPC.

Maybe Mason is fumbling in practice a lot, I don't know, but if that's not happening I still don't get it.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the YPC either way. Mitchell had 75 carries spread out over the course of the season… rarely had stretches with lots of them at one time (probably only three games).

Yeah but it's clear Mason is the better runner, you don't need to look at stats to see that. People can dismiss that by saying Kyle doesn't trust his blocking or whatever but the tape doesn't lie.

Based on what? A couple of carriers? Mitchell has proven to be a good RB, his health was the issue.

Mason is bigger, has better vision, better cutting ability, more explosive out of his cuts, and has better contact balance.

I don't even think that's debatable based on their tape this season.

That doesn't mean Mitchell sucks, its just what you said, his injures was/is an issue.

Obviously we're not able to look behind the scenes, maybe Mason is really struggling in areas we can't see on film.

But I would argue we've seen Kyle make RB depth chart mistakes before.

@50 secs you can hear it in his voice and the tone of how much he wants it.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Yeah Mitchell is a superior back to Mason when healthy. I love Mason, but he lacks one thing Mitchell has -- true game breaking speed.

Both have great forward lean. Mason may have a little more power but people forget how good Mitchell is. He just hasn't been able to stay healthy.

He's like a speedier version of Jeff Wilson. Very effective but just frequently hurt.
Am I trippin or is Shanny buzzin?
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 5, 2024 at 7:33 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

I'm hearing the same thing. Sounds like he's pounded a few down.

Thinking the same 😆
Originally posted by 49Cooley49:

Thinking the same 😆
Little loose there
Damn thought that was me. Homeboy is buzzed
oh no! Kyle turnt up too?

Originally posted by 49Cooley49:

Thinking the same 😆

I came here to say this.. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed
Turn down for what?
I hope this doesn't become a thing. He was loose with his answers.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Turn down for what?

Hes drunk
I'm sure the chiefs are getting turnt up too.

any bets on Reid not making it back from the bunny ranch in time for the game?
Share 49ersWebzone