There are 332 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Gemini10:
Bro is hammered. Not a good look.

He had a couple of drinks, who f**king cares. It probably took two beers to get him tipsy since he barely drinks.

This is not Detroit, man. This is the Super Bowl. He should be locked in and focused.

Fans need to realize half of superbowl week is players enjoying themselves, then locking in to their regular pattern. Listen to past players and also hear some of the batsh*t crazy interviews from media day. Nobody's working everyone has fun... now if that fun continues into the week then there is a problem. We dont need any Barrett Robbins or whatever his name was, but the typical NFL week is just starting for both teams it's usually Wednesday. And most likely all the coaches have already dissected every play from the season from both teams last week and all you can do now is overthink.

Mahomes or Kelce arent gonna do anything crazy at a blackjack table that will make a decision maker go... oh crap we need to revisit this play. Over thinking = death, just look at why we abandoned the running game when mostert was killing it in 2019 and put the game in the hands of the biggest risk taker JG.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Feb 5, 2024 at 10:02 PM ]
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Furlow:

He had a couple of drinks, who f**king cares. It probably took two beers to get him tipsy since he barely drinks.

This is not Detroit, man. This is the Super Bowl. He should be locked in and focused.

Its 6 days before the SB

Seriously. Let the man have a beer or six. These guys are grinding all damn year.

This. If anyone thinks Kyle of all people is slacking and getting hammered rather than working, they're idiots.
Originally posted by Furlow:

Its 6 days before the SB

Seriously. Let the man have a beer or six. These guys are grinding all damn year.

We just agreed.

This is a good sign for the SB
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Feb 5, 2024 at 11:24 PM ]
If we lose this s**t we all will remember Shanny drunk af the first day ot the week
Yall are so f**king uptight I just can't.
Unbelievable responses here. We are so lucky to have this guy as our coach, but as a fan of the game what a treasure he is to listen to. His sincerity, insights, smarts, experiences, personality... you can see why players love to work for him. The fact that as fans, we get a slice of this in these interviews is an absolute privelege.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Monsterniner:
If we lose this s**t we all will remember Shanny drunk af the first day ot the week

Not me. Media day doesn't mean anything.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Fans need to realize half of superbowl week is players enjoying themselves, then locking in to their regular pattern. Listen to past players and also hear some of the batsh*t crazy interviews from media day. Nobody's working everyone has fun... now if that fun continues into the week then there is a problem. We dont need any Barrett Robbins or whatever his name was, but the typical NFL week is just starting for both teams it's usually Wednesday. And most likely all the coaches have already dissected every play from the season from both teams last week and all you can do now is overthink.

Mahomes or Kelce arent gonna do anything crazy at a blackjack table that will make a decision maker go... oh crap we need to revisit this play. Over thinking = death, just look at why we abandoned the running game when mostert was killing it in 2019 and put the game in the hands of the biggest risk taker JG.

Brett Favre got hammered the week before they destroyed New England.
Which interview has got people tripping? The stand up one with Kyle and Andy Reid in the middle of the stadium? Seemed fine to me. Nothing too slurry, maybe a bit. Or did I miss another interview?

Kyle is essentially quite a shy and awkward person I find. That sort of thing is really not his forte, unlike Reid who is a lot more comfortable with himself. That's why I don't watch Kyle's post-game speeches. They are super-awks because he's really not built for that type of stuff.

That said, I love coach. He's one of my all-time favourite Niners, for real.
Originally posted by joeknows:
Which interview has got people tripping? The stand up one with Kyle and Andy Reid in the middle of the stadium? Seemed fine to me. Nothing too slurry, maybe a bit. Or did I miss another interview?

Kyle is essentially quite a shy and awkward person I find. That sort of thing is really not his forte, unlike Reid who is a lot more comfortable with himself. That's why I don't watch Kyle's post-game speeches. They are super-awks because he's really not built for that type of stuff.

That said, I love coach. He's one of my all-time favourite Niners, for real.

He was tip top and sober in the first one with Reid. Very polished. Then at the sit down he had a buzz on for sure. Not drunk, probably a couple shots and beers. My typical get this party started routine.

I don't think he really seemed that drunk. Just happy and relaxed. He was talking fine. I think it's being over blown.
He was just channeling his inner Scot McLoughan

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think he really seemed that drunk. Just happy and relaxed. He was talking fine. I think it's being over blown.

he's definitely a little buzzed. but the overreaction from fans is quite hilarious.

game plan was installed before they even left
it's only Monday
chill the F out lol

Oh dur
Share 49ersWebzone