There are 408 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

From matt Miller

"The San Francisco 49ers announced the hiring of new head coach Kyle Shanahan this week and also noted the hires of Mike McDaniel and Mike LaFleur as assistants. As far as offensive brainpower goes, no team in the NFL has a better top three in terms of young up-and-comers.

Shanahan is a brilliant schemer and quarterback developer. He'll adjust his scheme to fit the talent on the roster—look at what he's done with Robert Griffin III, Matt Schaub and Brian Hoyer as very different passers, for example. The yin to his yang is McDaniel. He understands the run game and how to scheme it and coach it and is a big reason for the success of running backs in Shanahan's scheme during their six-year run together.

The addition of Mike LaFleur—brother of new Rams offensive coordinator Matt—only makes this a stronger unit. Labeled as an offensive assistant in Atlanta, LaFleur will coach the wide receivers in San Francisco. Look for the team to favor speed at the position with this new group coming to town.

There hasn't been a ton of reason for optimism in San Francisco lately, but this trio heading up the offense has me excited for the team's future."

Like that
Originally posted by Jiks:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Just finished rewatching some of Jim Tomsula's introductory presser just to remind me how much better we will have it now

Still in a game in the 4th? Wonder what that feels like.

Kinda miss the guy but not really. Who in their right mind goes from Harbaugh to this guy...oh yeah, Ned York. I love his blank stare looks on the sideline. Dude was a meme machine before meme's. I also loved his post game interviews, most of his answers were, "I'm gonna have to look at the tape to answer that."
  • kem99
  • Veteran
I know Kyle's contract is for 6 years. Do we know the total money for the contract? Seems like that was out early when Harbaugh, Tomsula and Kelly signed but I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
From matt Miller

"The San Francisco 49ers announced the hiring of new head coach Kyle Shanahan this week and also noted the hires of Mike McDaniel and Mike LaFleur as assistants. As far as offensive brainpower goes, no team in the NFL has a better top three in terms of young up-and-comers.

Shanahan is a brilliant schemer and quarterback developer. He'll adjust his scheme to fit the talent on the roster—look at what he's done with Robert Griffin III, Matt Schaub and Brian Hoyer as very different passers, for example. The yin to his yang is McDaniel. He understands the run game and how to scheme it and coach it and is a big reason for the success of running backs in Shanahan's scheme during their six-year run together.

The addition of Mike LaFleur—brother of new Rams offensive coordinator Matt—only makes this a stronger unit. Labeled as an offensive assistant in Atlanta, LaFleur will coach the wide receivers in San Francisco. Look for the team to favor speed at the position with this new group coming to town.

There hasn't been a ton of reason for optimism in San Francisco lately, but this trio heading up the offense has me excited for the team's future."

Like that

Yup yup!
It begins.

Originally posted by kem99:
I know Kyle's contract is for 6 years. Do we know the total money for the contract? Seems like that was out early when Harbaugh, Tomsula and Kelly signed but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I haven't seen reported anywhere what Shanahan and Lynch's financial terms are unless I just completely missed it which I don't think I did. Another positive sign the leaks have really been patched up?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by kem99:

I haven't seen reported anywhere what Shanahan and Lynch's financial terms are unless I just completely missed it which I don't think I did. Another positive sign the leaks have really been patched up?

No, there haven't been any reports.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
It begins.

That got me hard.
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Kinda miss the guy but not really. Who in their right mind goes from Harbaugh to this guy...oh yeah, Ned York. I love his blank stare looks on the sideline. Dude was a meme machine before meme's. I also loved his post game interviews, most of his answers were, "I'm gonna have to look at the tape to answer that."

Actually, that's not true at all. He expressed himself awkwardly, but he often answered questions in reference to specific plays and explained the intention of why a play was called and where it did or did not work. He didn't just repeat Singletary's catch phrase.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
It begins.

That got me hard.

No kidding. I am pumped as fxxk!!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
No kidding. I am pumped as fxxk!!

I'm jacked.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
It begins.

That got me hard.

LMAO...but...yeah!
A lot of pressure put on Shanahan to win the season opener. Thanks Tomsula and Chip for setting the bar so high!
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
A lot of pressure put on Shanahan to win the season opener. Thanks Tomsula and Chip for setting the bar so high!

lol
Originally posted by JimA49ers:

Honestly, I could see us losing the season opener and still being a better team than the last two years.
Share 49ersWebzone