LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 285 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Well that's your opinion as a 49er fan. Very homer take which is fine, it's not out of the norm for some fans to to be homers. In reality, in the actual football world that's just not the consensus.

Lol I am a homer cause I of my opinion of Brock? LOL if BP won the SB, you would never say that. I guess SB trophies are all ppl look at sometimes. I have seen lots of qbs, Brock is up there. Even Jerry Rice compared him to likeness of Montana, guess he is full of s**t too? Dude, I wouldn't care if Brock was a sorry ass Ram..I would still think he is the best. But just go with the dialog I guess..Mahomes is Brady part the second.
[ Edited by Montana on Mar 12, 2024 at 9:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
Well that's your opinion as a 49er fan. Very homer take which is fine, it's not out of the norm for some fans to to be homers. In reality, in the actual football world that's just not the consensus.

Lol I am a homer cause I of my opinion of Brock? LOL if BP won the SB, you would never say that. I guess SB trophies are all ppl look at sometimes. I have seen lots of qbs, Brock is up there. Even Jerry Rice compared him to likeness of Montana, guess he is full of s**t too?

Ya, it's a homer take. There's no other fan base, or ppl in the media, or especially NFL ppl that wouldn't take Pat.

Rings, individual accolades, stats, MVPs, team success, ya it's not just "SB trophies," although that basically matters the most, weird argument there lol.

And theres difference between Rice saying he's as good/better than Montana (that would be shocking) than saying he has some similar traits (which is true).

BP is awesome and it definitely looks like we have a franchise type of QB, but he's not Joe, Brady, or Pat, which is fine he doesn't need to be an all time great.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Mar 12, 2024 at 9:08 PM ]
Ya, it's a homer take. There's no other fan base, or ppl in the media, or especially NFL ppl that wouldn't take Pat.

Rings, individual accolades, stats, MVPs, team success, ya it's not just "SB trophies," although that basically matters the most, weird argument there lol.

And theres difference between Rice saying he's as good/better than Montana (that would be shocking) than saying he has some similar traits (which is true).

BP is awesome and it definitely looks like we have a franchise type of QB, but he's not Joe, Brady, or Pat, which is fine he doesn't need to be an all time great.

Rice's direct quote, "he is like a Joe Montana".

Rice's direct quote, "he is like a Joe Montana".

Cool... Obviously he's wrong since Joe is 4-0 in SBs.

Brocks good but he ain't Joe. It's beyond stupid to call a 2nd year starter one of greatest off all time.

Brocks good but he ain't Joe. It's beyond stupid to call a 2nd year starter one of greatest off all time.

Lol Kyle fked it up at the end but ok..lol we can agree to disagree. Rice is a really smart dude, nothing stupid about him so whatever lol
Originally posted by Koldo:
Shanny is Spagnuolo's b***h.

No doubt.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Not even remotely close, lol

Yeah, come on.
Run it back with the same offense!!!

we win super bowls through a strong defense!

kyle is an offensive genius……..
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Mar 13, 2024 at 10:59 AM ]

Lol Kyle fked it up at the end but ok..lol we can agree to disagree. Rice is a really smart dude, nothing stupid about him so whatever lol

Lol ok
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

Except it's KS and the offense that have blown it in both SBs.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

Except it's KS and the offense that have blown it in both SBs.

Both really. Offenses built up 10 point leads early/late. Then the defense gave up 21 insta-points in 7 minutes and in O.T. and the DL couldn't close out (like Chris Jones) despite a gazillion resources used there while the offense went turtle shell.
Originally posted by ninerfaninnorcal:
Even if we do play KC again, 49'ers will be favored 2.5 points again

Mahomes is way overrated. He will never be a Joe Montana or Tom Brady. Joe and Tom were elite passers which Mahomes definitely is not.

Ah finally, someone who sees the light, overrated for sure! They act like he is some kinda god..but look, he played mediocre to sh-it in 3 SBs and got 3 rings. He sucked A-SS in LVIII. But lucked his way to winning 3. Just facts. Not saying he isn't a great qb but slow the hell down on this Brady comp sh-it. Ridiculous lol. Somehow the NFL will see it that he gets a 3 peat. Has no class/acts like a whiney kid throwing tantrums, not a fan lol

Montana had some luck, Brady had some luck, it's just part of the game. They put themselves in those positions often and got lucky at times. You don't get in the goat convo without luck
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Lol it ain't that serious but that was funny. Who the heck took the time to put that together
The "light" lol. Come on now. He's by far the best QB in the league, unless you don't understand what you're watching when it comes to QBs.

I understand just fine..lemme guess, you think Elway was one of the all time greats too?

Mahomes does not compare to Brady or Joe, nope.

Brock is better too but yeah *cough* Kyle haha

By far the best qb in the league? Have you heard of a guy named Brock Purdy? That's rich man. BP is better. I would easily pick Brock over Mahomes.

Brady wasn't given respect for a long time either. There were still people that thought Brady couldn't do it without Bill after 6 SBs lol

The football world loves spectacular Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson type plays. They love the draft pedigree of a Manning or Burrow. It takes a long time to get respect from casuals if you're lacking in those areas

What I don't understand is 49ers fans that get pissed off at the idea that Brock could be elite. I've seen Rice, Lott, Sapolu, and Martz compare Brock to Montana. It's not stupid, it's just the way he's played
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 14, 2024 at 6:28 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone