Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
It begins.

That got me hard.

No kidding. I am pumped as fxxk!!

Me too! Let's go 49ers!!
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
A lot of pressure put on Shanahan to win the season opener. Thanks Tomsula and Chip for setting the bar so high!

I think I would feel better if we lost our opener.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
A lot of pressure put on Shanahan to win the season opener. Thanks Tomsula and Chip for setting the bar so high!

Honestly, I could see us losing the season opener and still being a better team than the last two years.

They'll probably schedule the opener @ LA Rams. Just to give us a chance and it's an intriguing storyline, the 2 youngest rookie HCs. Maybe?
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

I think I would feel better if we lost our opener.

Espeically if it's on a BS call. Like the way we lost to Dallas; when they called roughing the passer on us.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Unlike-Harbaugh-Shanahan-Will-Have-53-Man-Roster-Control-413418193.html%3Famp%3Dy?client=safari

This is the best news of the hire imho, my prayers were answered.
Gonna be fun to watch Kyle work with his new QB, whoever that may be. Watching this only fuels that thought.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Feb 12, 2017 at 8:53 PM ]
Kyle Shanahan's offense borrows from his mentors but is entirely his own

The high-powered offense of the Atlanta Falcons has gotten them to the Super Bowl. It has landed a head coaching job in San Francisco for offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan. It could yield a league MVP award for quarterback Matt Ryan.

It all has worked not only because of the on-field brilliance of Ryan and wide receiver Julio Jones, but also because of the offensive scheme taken to Atlanta by Shanahan. That system is a blend of the versions of the West Coast offense learned by Shanahan from some of his coaching mentors — and his own father, Mike — with significant wrinkles added by Shanahan.

"You see Gary's offense in it," former Washington Redskins quarterback Joe Theismann said. "You see Mike's offense in it. Every guy takes parts from the guys he has worked with. What you see is an offense that has been developed over time and adapted to Kyle's personality and the personnel that he has."

Mike Shanahan's offenses generally blended a traditional West Coast passing game — the quick-hitting, stretch-the-defense-horizontally approach popularized by the Bill Walsh-coached 49ers during their glory days — with a running game utilizing zone blocking by the offensive line and "stretch" plays. That system produced two Super Bowl triumphs for the Denver Broncos.

Kubiak, a Mike Shanahan coaching protégé who was Kyle Shanahan's boss in Houston before winning last season's Super Bowl with the Broncos, was particularly enamored with putting his quarterback on the move with rollouts and bootlegs.

When Mike Shanahan coached the Redskins and Kyle was the team's offensive coordinator, they added college-style elements to their offense — the pistol formation and option-style running plays — for the rookie season of quarterback Robert Griffin III in 2012.

Yet both Shanahans say that Kyle's current offense with the Falcons is meaningfully different from what Mike Shanahan-coached teams traditionally did.

Read the rest here
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/02/01/kyle-shanahans-offense-borrows-from-his-mentors-but-is-entirely-his-own/?utm_term=.01a1d0ee0e38
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 12, 2017 at 9:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Honestly, I could see us losing the season opener and still being a better team than the last two years.

I really hope we don't open up the season on MNF again
Originally posted by Jcool:

"I'm fairly certain we may not have a lead in any game for at least two years, so it's really our only option," he said.

Decent Free Agency signings with the Niners Cap of 85 million with out Colin Kaep not opting out.
If Colins opts out that about 95 Cap space

LB Donta Hightower 5 years 60 million 12 annually
DT Abry Jones 5 years 42 million 8 annually
DT Glenn Dorsey 3 years 3 million 1 annually
WR Pierre Garcon 4 years 20 million 5 annually
OT Kevin Zeitler 4 years 47 million 13 annually
TE Vernon Davis 2 years 2 million 900 K annually
CB Morris Claiborne 4 years 30 million 7 annually
QB J. Garoppolo 5 years 63 million 12 annually or K. Cousins 5 years 90 million 18 annually

Grand total:
With Cousins 64 to 69 Million cap hit
With Garoppolo 42 to 47 million cap hit
[ Edited by Constantine on Feb 14, 2017 at 5:36 AM ]
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

With approximately $80 million in cap room, one would think it's safe bet the #49ers' free-agent gains outweigh their losses this offseason.
Originally posted by Constantine:

Decent Free Agency signings with the Niners Cap of 85 million with out Colin Kaep not opting out.
If Colins opts out that about 95 Cap space

LB Donta Hightower 5 years 60 million 12 annually
DT Abry Jones 5 years 42 million 8 annually
DT Glenn Dorsey 3 years 3 million 1 annually
WR Pierre Garcon 4 years 20 million 5 annually
OT Kevin Zeitler 4 years 47 million 13 annually
TE Vernon Davis 2 years 2 million 900 K annually
CB Morris Claiborne 4 years 30 million 7 annually
QB J. Garoppolo 5 years 63 million 12 annually or K. Cousins 5 years 90 million 18 annually

Grand total:
With Cousins 64 to 69 Million cap hit
With Garoppolo 42 to 47 million cap hit

No. Vernon can shove his jumba juice up his ass, he gave up on the team before we traded him. Still love him though for the NO playoff game though.

Claiborne only had one good season, and even after that he got hurt. pass on him
Originally posted by VDSF:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

With approximately $80 million in cap room, one would think it's safe bet the #49ers' free-agent gains outweigh their losses this offseason.

In case folks don't immediately catch what he means here, this is what MM is saying: Don't expect any compensatory picks in 2018.

Share 49ersWebzone