There are 151 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Except it's KS and the offense that have blown it in both SBs.

When you look at the final score it might look that way. But the Niners offense scored points on their last 3 possessions and did it against an elite defense. They went TD, FG,FG. The defense gave up points on each of their last 4 drives. They gave up TD,FG,FG, TD. If the defense gets just 1 stop out of those 4, The Niners win the game.

Or if we get a TD in those final two. Or if we don't give the ball back to Mahomes for last drive killers. Or if Shanahan had balls. Lots of ifs and buts when it comes to Kyle Shanahan's coaching decisions…

Ifs and buts.... If CMC doesn't fumble on drive 1. If we don't muff a punt. If Burford blocks Jones. If Purdy picks up a corner blitz. If Moody hits an extra point. Etc. Nobody says Kyle is perfect, he's not, and no coach is. He had us within a play or two in overtime. Give him some credit for all the things he does right instead of only focusing your narrow vision on the few things he missed on or were out of his control.
Originally posted by BP13:

When you look at the final score it might look that way. But the Niners offense scored points on their last 3 possessions and did it against an elite defense. They went TD, FG,FG. The defense gave up points on each of their last 4 drives. They gave up TD,FG,FG, TD. If the defense gets just 1 stop out of those 4, The Niners win the game.

Or if we get a TD in those final two. Or if we don't give the ball back to Mahomes for last drive killers. Or if Shanahan had balls. Lots of ifs and buts when it comes to Kyle Shanahan's coaching decisions…

Ifs and buts.... If CMC doesn't fumble on drive 1. If we don't muff a punt. If Burford blocks Jones. If Purdy picks up a corner blitz. If Moody hits an extra point. Etc. Nobody says Kyle is perfect, he's not, and no coach is. He had us within a play or two in overtime. Give him some credit for all the things he does right instead of only focusing your narrow vision on the few things he missed on or were out of his control.

I think we should focus on what he missed on. 2019 perhaps we are happy just to be there. It's been SB or bust for a while, per all the guys and Shanny too. Gotta figure out why it isn't working vs KC (really should have figured that out after SB 54 and 2022)

this is vs KC under Shanny: the most defeats without a win against any opponent for San Francisco under Shanahan.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I think we should focus on what he missed on. 2019 perhaps we are happy just to be there. It's been SB or bust for a while, per all the guys and Shanny too. Gotta figure out why it isn't working vs KC (really should have figured that out after SB 54 and 2022)

this is vs KC under Shanny: the most defeats without a win against any opponent for San Francisco under Shanahan.

It's Mahomes. He has the ability to rlly even when he doesn't have a great game. It's what makes him special. Andy Reid is certainly part of it as well but Mahomes is like Montana. He's just cool under pressure. I heard that they had a heart monitor on him and his heart rate actually is lower when he's on the field than when he's on the bench.

Sure, constructive criticism is good, Not the insane ramblings of the guy i respond too. I'm talking about showing some gratitude as a fan for where Kyle and John have taken this iteration of 49ers, the heights have been high. This isn't Ballke/Tomsula/Kelly, where constant, obsessive negativity is warranted, this run under the current regime is currently one of the high points of team history.

Not talking about you, but others here want to send a coach packing for losing to the defending champs in overtime. Both of those losses hurt, but those were both close football games. That's football. At some point, we can't go back in hindsight and punish every single wrong move. Look at both the good and bad, there's a lot more good than bad.
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Lol it ain't that serious but that was funny. Who the heck took the time to put that together

Lol yeah it was well done.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Sure, constructive criticism is good, Not the insane ramblings of the guy i respond too. I'm talking about showing some gratitude as a fan for where Kyle and John have taken this iteration of 49ers, the heights have been high. This isn't Ballke/Tomsula/Kelly, where constant, obsessive negativity is warranted, this run under the current regime is currently one of the high points of team history.

Not talking about you, but others here want to send a coach packing for losing to the defending champs in overtime. Both of those losses hurt, but those were both close football games. That's football. At some point, we can't go back in hindsight and punish every single wrong move. Look at both the good and bad, there's a lot more good than bad.

2 Super Bowl losses.
2 NFCC game losses.

I guess it doesn't get higher than that
Can they trade this bum already
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by krizay:

The defense was lost after Greenlaw and gassed by the 4th. The offense left at least 10 points off the board in the first and were non clutch down the stretch. As much a we know Wilks sucked the defense imo did very well, the offense let us down. (Special teams too)

LOL the defense was gassed because they let Mahomes go TD, FG, FG, TD to finish. As JTB said, if they make one stop A: they could have gotten themselves a break and wouldn't have been gassed. B: we win

The 1st TD for KC was a 16 yard drive off that muff. So take that away and Mahomes finishes FG,FG, TD. Which is no different than Brock's TD, FG, FG. Our last 3 possessions we scored to take the lead. So to say the offense was non clutch is ludacris!

I am not disagreeing, I am just saying overall the defense showed up better than the offense. Once we lost Greenlaw Wilks had no way to compensate. Plenty of blame to go around.

The defense also had an easier matchup despite the fact that it was Mahomes on offense.

The KC defense was the better unit this season and in the playoffs. Mahomes gets the credit but the Chiefs defense made several key stops, aided by some mental errors on our side but they made them. Our defense didn't make them.

That's why blaming Shanahan's decisions is dumb. It was as much of a team loss as you can get.

Lol it ain't that serious but that was funny. Who the heck took the time to put that together

"There there I'll link you some Purdy advanced stats" or to that extent. 🤣
Originally posted by susweel:
Can they trade this bum already

Of course they can. They aren't that stupid. But they can.

Originally posted by Afrikan:

"There there I'll link you some Purdy advanced stats" or to that extent. 🤣

OMG, this is sooooo funny! Well done.

2 Super Bowl losses.
2 NFCC game losses.

I guess it doesn't get higher than that

Unless you are just trolling, in which case it is probably time for a holiday, you apparently either haven't read or possibly understood the post you quoted.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by krizay:

The defense was lost after Greenlaw and gassed by the 4th. The offense left at least 10 points off the board in the first and were non clutch down the stretch. As much a we know Wilks sucked the defense imo did very well, the offense let us down. (Special teams too)

LOL the defense was gassed because they let Mahomes go TD, FG, FG, TD to finish. As JTB said, if they make one stop A: they could have gotten themselves a break and wouldn't have been gassed. B: we win

The 1st TD for KC was a 16 yard drive off that muff. So take that away and Mahomes finishes FG,FG, TD. Which is no different than Brock's TD, FG, FG. Our last 3 possessions we scored to take the lead. So to say the offense was non clutch is ludacris!

I am not disagreeing, I am just saying overall the defense showed up better than the offense. Once we lost Greenlaw Wilks had no way to compensate. Plenty of blame to go around.

The defense also had an easier matchup despite the fact that it was Mahomes on offense.

The KC defense was the better unit this season and in the playoffs. Mahomes gets the credit but the Chiefs defense made several key stops, aided by some mental errors on our side but they made them. Our defense didn't make them.

That's why blaming Shanahan's decisions is dumb. It was as much of a team loss as you can get.

Agreed aside Shanahan not getting any blame. He's the head coach. Criticism comes with the job.
Kyle will be here for the next 8 years.
sure will be entertaining looking back at his tenure here after he's done!
Boy am I glad the 49ers continue to address the side of the ball that lost us the Super Bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone