There are 129 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by bassmanr:
Immaturity to look at the past few seasons and notice they are not addressing the biggest needs, hilarious. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Yes we back load the contract for winning this year. Next offseason we are already going to lose a lot of talent. I'm not loyal to Kyle and after the last 5 years we get a participation trophy every year due to bad play calling and not addressing areas of weakness. We used to win Superbowls not just get close. The rest of the NFC got better. We did not, like I said maybe we do something in the draft. I doubt it and if we don't do something about our line we will not keep the NFCCG ceiling going, even if that's what you see as good enough.

All that being said the Ravens will probably beat the Lions or some other NFC team. Derrick Henry is exactly what they needed.

The 'immaturity' is the labeling of groups of people who disagree.

lol @ making season predictions before the draft and training camp.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Immaturity to look at the past few seasons and notice they are not addressing the biggest needs, hilarious. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Yes we back load the contract for winning this year. Next offseason we are already going to lose a lot of talent. I'm not loyal to Kyle and after the last 5 years we get a participation trophy every year due to bad play calling and not addressing areas of weakness. We used to win Superbowls not just get close. The rest of the NFC got better. We did not, like I said maybe we do something in the draft. I doubt it and if we don't do something about our line we will not keep the NFCCG ceiling going, even if that's what you see as good enough.

All that being said the Ravens will probably beat the Lions or some other NFC team. Derrick Henry is exactly what they needed.

Yes it's pre draft and off season predictions. Looking only at paper and what the current rosters are. Injuries, coaching changes alot of predictions before the season. We will see I made a bet on the Ravens and still hope a miracle happens and the Niners win it all lol. I hope I'm wrong but made the bet anyway.
Yes it's pre draft and off season predictions. Looking only at paper and what the current rosters are. Injuries, coaching changes alot of predictions before the season. We will see I made a bet on the Ravens and still hope a miracle happens and the Niners win it all lol. I hope I'm wrong but made the bet anyway.

What odds did you get? +900 ish?
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Mar 16, 2024 at 1:56 PM ]

What odds did you get? +900 ish?

+900 yes
[ Edited by bassmanr on Mar 16, 2024 at 2:31 PM ]
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Niners won't win it. Kyle's destiny is already written. Can't win with a defense (2019). Can win with an offense (2023). What's left ? Tops Special Teams ? Maybe a couple 75 yard FGs by Moody next season will convince everyone this is the year…
Originally posted by DrEll:

Niners won't win it. Kyle's destiny is already written. Can't win with a defense (2019). Can win with an offense (2023). What's left ? Tops Special Teams ? Maybe a couple 75 yard FGs by Moody next season will convince everyone this is the year…

I got 7 years of history to point to saying I'm right and the Kyle loyalists are wrong. Sucks, but it is what it is. It's not like people who don't like Kyle are coming up with this out of thin air. He's got a history.

I'm talking about the "Kyle supporters vs non " thing. We just got done with like years of "jimmy lovers vs jimmy haters," do we really need to do this again?

Look out the Kyle loyalists will go after you lol. I'm with you though. 💯

Look out the Kyle loyalists will go after you lol. I'm with you though. 💯
no coach can win it without the best QB in the league
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Except it's KS and the offense that have blown it in both SBs.

When you look at the final score it might look that way. But the Niners offense scored points on their last 3 possessions and did it against an elite defense. They went TD, FG,FG. The defense gave up points on each of their last 4 drives. They gave up TD,FG,FG, TD. If the defense gets just 1 stop out of those 4, The Niners win the game.

The defense was lost after Greenlaw and gassed by the 4th. The offense left at least 10 points off the board in the first and were non clutch down the stretch. As much a we know Wilks sucked the defense imo did very well, the offense let us down. (Special teams too)

LOL the defense was gassed because they let Mahomes go TD, FG, FG, TD to finish. As JTB said, if they make one stop A: they could have gotten themselves a break and wouldn't have been gassed. B: we win

The 1st TD for KC was a 16 yard drive off that muff. So take that away and Mahomes finishes FG,FG, TD. Which is no different than Brock's TD, FG, FG. Our last 3 possessions we scored to take the lead. So to say the offense was non clutch is ludacris!

I am not disagreeing, I am just saying overall the defense showed up better than the offense. Once we lost Greenlaw Wilks had no way to compensate. Plenty of blame to go around.

The defense also had an easier matchup despite the fact that it was Mahomes on offense.

The KC defense was the better unit this season and in the playoffs. Mahomes gets the credit but the Chiefs defense made several key stops, aided by some mental errors on our side but they made them. Our defense didn't make them.

That's why blaming Shanahan's decisions is dumb. It was as much of a team loss as you can get.

Agreed aside Shanahan not getting any blame. He's the head coach. Criticism comes with the job.

Wasn't saying don't blame him, saying his blame is mixed in with many other reasons why we lost.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Which offensive linemen were you wanting to overpay for in free agency?

No one, cause Kyle has me convinced running it back with the same line is good enough. Maybe add a rookie he won't play. He's the offensive guru……..

lol this fanbase is so passive aggressive and dramatic.

You came in here complaining they didn't address OL at all and when asked who you'd bring in, quickly bring in sarcasm bashing Kyle without offering up any response.

They're clearly looking at the draft to address it. Now if they don't add OL in the draft you can come back in here and complain. I'll be here right along with you doing the same.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

I got 7 years of history to point to saying I'm right and the Kyle loyalists are wrong. Sucks, but it is what it is. It's not like people who don't like Kyle are coming up with this out of thin air. He's got a history.

Wow 7 years!

Here are some facts for you.

The 2016 49ers team was one of the worst in history of the league, especially on defense.

Shanahan came in with very few pieces to build around and missing players at key positions worth a damn.

He brought in a first time GM that many people cried about and the two of them got the team to the SB in year 3 of a full rebuild.

Since that 2019 season the 49ers under Kyle and John have been the most consistent team in the league after the Chiefs.

Yes losing SBs sucks but sitting here pretending Shanahan hasn't been a really good coach overall is just stupid.

You can look at each loss in the playoffs and see a move to try to build from it by Kyle every time. Sometimes to an extreme as well.

We lost 3 games in the playoffs to the eventual SB champ and all 3 could've easily been won had a player executed a play there to be made. We can point to Kyle's flaws but somehow acknowledging the fact that players were put in position to win the game and didn't do their job isn't being a Kyle loyalist. It's just being realistic.

Turning a blind eye to plays that were there to win us games where players didn't do their part only to put it all on Shanahan with hypotheticals via hindsight is irrational and lazy.

There is a middle ground where you can put blame where it belongs and this last SB loss there was lots of blame to go around. That includes Kyle and that includes players who failed to do their part on the field.
Share 49ersWebzone