There are 144 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Which offensive linemen were you wanting to overpay for in free agency?

No one, cause Kyle has me convinced running it back with the same line is good enough. Maybe add a rookie he won't play. He's the offensive guru……..

lol this fanbase is so passive aggressive and dramatic.

You came in here complaining they didn't address OL at all and when asked who you'd bring in, quickly bring in sarcasm bashing Kyle without offering up any response.

They're clearly looking at the draft to address it. Now if they don't add OL in the draft you can come back in here and complain. I'll be here right along with you doing the same.

Ok but how does a rookie OL help us now? Maybe this should've been addressed a while ago like many of us have been begging for for years... This isn't some new issue as Kyle seems to think his schemes are better than oline needs. This has been long discussed and it's another year where we have been stagnant. Trent Williams ain't getting any younger either.
Originally posted by BP13:
I'm talking about the "Kyle supporters vs non " thing. We just got done with like years of "jimmy lovers vs jimmy haters," do we really need to do this again?

We were 100% right on jimmy being garbage.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
Which offensive linemen were you wanting to overpay for in free agency?

No one, cause Kyle has me convinced running it back with the same line is good enough. Maybe add a rookie he won't play. He's the offensive guru……..

lol this fanbase is so passive aggressive and dramatic.

You came in here complaining they didn't address OL at all and when asked who you'd bring in, quickly bring in sarcasm bashing Kyle without offering up any response.

They're clearly looking at the draft to address it. Now if they don't add OL in the draft you can come back in here and complain. I'll be here right along with you doing the same.

Ok but how does a rookie OL help us now? Maybe this should've been addressed a while ago like many of us have been begging for for years... This isn't some new issue as Kyle seems to think his schemes are better than oline needs. This has been long discussed and it's another year where we have been stagnant. Trent Williams ain't getting any younger either.

Addressed with whom? Overpaying for guys who aren't clear upgrades isn't smart.

Second we've had rookie starters on the OL before, nothing to say a rookie can't help this year. Look at the Chiefs reworking almost their whole OL after their loss to the Bucs in the SB?

2 rookie starters on that OL and not even 1st round picks. Creed was a 3rd rounder I believe and Trey Smith was a 5th rounder or something like that.

Granted they made the big trade for Orlando Brown and paid big money for Thuney but there was nobody of that level worth those types of moves in FA.

Point is we're not playing football tomorrow. There is time to make moves. Don't forget we brought in Laken Tomlinson in late August or something like that.

Ensuring we at least have our starters from last year in place means at worst we have continuity out there. And we very well may have won the SB had Feliciano not gotten hurt later in the game.

Second we've had rookie starters on the OL before, nothing to say a rookie can't help this year. Look at the Chiefs reworking almost their whole OL after their loss to the Bucs in the SB?

2 rookie starters on that OL and not even 1st round picks. Creed was a 3rd rounder I believe and Trey Smith was a 5th rounder or something like that.

Granted they made the big trade for Orlando Brown and paid big money for Thuney but there was nobody of that level worth those types of moves in FA.

Point is we're not playing football tomorrow. There is time to make moves. Don't forget we brought in Laken Tomlinson in late August or something like that.

Ensuring we at least have our starters from last year in place means at worst we have continuity out there. And we very well may have won the SB had Feliciano not gotten hurt later in the game.

Good post!

They fixed their OLine in one season and Seattle did that in one season. Not on par w/KC but they got a lot better and fast.

I hope KS/JL do something similar - just get it done.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Good post!

They fixed their OLine in one season and Seattle did that in one season. Not on par w/KC but they got a lot better and fast.

I hope KS/JL do something similar - just get it done.

I agree with you both. I'm thinking this is the draft to redo the line. We could get 2 starters easy. Even 4 after next season. Makes too much sense with all the talent this draft not to take guys and see what works.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I agree with you both. I'm thinking this is the draft to redo the line. We could get 2 starters easy. Even 4 after next season. Makes too much sense with all the talent this draft not to take guys and see what works.

Even if they draft a future LT to replace Williams in 2026 you can have him play RT for two years. Staley played RT his rookie season, for example.

My plan would be to draft at least two OTs and two G/Cs each.
Waiting for Kyle to win the SB

Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Even if they draft a future LT to replace Williams in 2026 you can have him play RT for two years. Staley played RT his rookie season, for example.

My plan would be to draft at least two OTs and two G/Cs each.

Similar. Two tackles and one of the projected starting centers. Then one guard later.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Montana:

The soonest it can happen is February 2025 when the next SB is played.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:

The soonest it can happen is February 2025 when the next SB is played.

Not holding my breath though

Yeah I am doubting we make it to LIX but who knows, maybe we can pull it off again lol but what's with this design though? Lol

[ Edited by Montana on Mar 18, 2024 at 1:04 PM ]
Yeah I am doubting we make it to LIX but who knows, maybe we can pull it off again lol but what's with this design though? Lol

Chiefs 3-peat confirmed
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Chiefs 3-peat confirmed

If they faced us, guaranteed. Unlucky for them though. I don't think we get anywhere close this year.
[ Edited by DrEll on Mar 18, 2024 at 2:08 PM ]

Chiefs 3-peat confirmed

I'm seeing Packers here also
Chiefs 3-peat confirmed

Will be gross watching the Seahawks in the Super Bowl
Share 49ersWebzone