49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I'm seeing Packers here also

20-1 right now. Better get that money in.

NFC to me is DAL, PHI, GB, DET, SF, LAR
in no particular order
we still got a lot of offseason, just as it sits now

Agreed, but Donald retiring definitely hurts that rams d big time. Also there's almost always a darkhorse who rises up each season. No idea who that is this year. Maybe Atlanta?

If Kirk looks like himself, they should win that division
I don't care what people say about him choking...he still a damn good coach imo
I will be excited about him when he actually wins an SB
Originally posted by 49erFaithfullest:
I don't care what people say about him choking...he still a damn good coach imo

He's a very good coach If we're being honest, but he does tend to choke. He's also still young for an head coach, so I'm sure he'll only Improve with experience.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I'm seeing Packers here also

20-1 right now. Better get that money in.

NFC to me is DAL, PHI, GB, DET, SF, LAR
in no particular order
we still got a lot of offseason, just as it sits now

Agreed, but Donald retiring definitely hurts that rams d big time. Also there's almost always a darkhorse who rises up each season. No idea who that is this year. Maybe Atlanta?

If Kirk looks like himself, they should win that division

True. I'm curious how Tampa will look now too.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
https://www.goldstandardniners.com/post/kyle-shanahan-still-hasn-t-learned-from-super-bowl-lviii

Gotta love Kyle. After some self reflection, Kyle realized the reason behind coming up short:

The "glaring weakness" of the pass rush
Steve Wilks failure to integrate with the scheme and coaching staff
Clelin Ferrell's injury
Chase Young's inconsistency and inability to set the edge.

Nothing to do with his inept playcalling. Nothing to do with only scoring 19 points in the Super Bowl. Nothing to do with giving Mahomes 2 chances at the end to beat you. Nope. It was everyone else's fault.

Cant wait until this clown leaves. Literally cost us a dynasty
Originally posted by DrEll:
https://www.goldstandardniners.com/post/kyle-shanahan-still-hasn-t-learned-from-super-bowl-lviii

Gotta love Kyle. After some self reflection, Kyle realized the reason behind coming up short:

Clelin Ferrell's injury

Nothing to do with his inept playcalling. Nothing to do with only scoring 19 points in the Super Bowl. Nothing to do with giving Mahomes 2 chances at the end to beat you. Nope. It was everyone else's fault.

That's a weird clickbait site made to look legit, but may as well be a forum post here. But yes, he is the HC and it all falls back on him.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Clelin Ferrell's injury

That's a weird clickbait site made to look legit, but may as well be a forum post here. But yes, he is the HC and it all falls back on him.

The original article is from Mike Silver an insider for the 49ers…

Clelin Ferrell's injury

I know but its how they parsed it and presented it etc. Like a crypto investment ad

It's the author's opinion and he's citing information provided in Silver's article.

Clelin Ferrell's injury

good piece, I like this one:

"In recent conversations with confidants at the 49ers' training facility, he wasn't afraid to admit the truth: The 49ers were fortunate to have made it to Vegas in the first place. They probably should have lost their playoff opener to an underwhelming Green Bay team and needed a huge second-half comeback - fueled by a 51-yard pass that bounced off a defender's facemask - to overcome Detroit in the NFC Championship Game."

shame and if we look at causes, I look at a wasted year at DC. Either let Wilks be Wilks, or hire Sorensen over him. Kyle's yelling at Wilks in the SB, you brought him there, could have moved on in October, course, he didn't. Then we see items like drafting Lance and losing absurd draft capital which could have pushed us over the line in years like 2021 or 2023. Not having the team prepped on basic rules. A ton of red flags. Probably the biggest is an O that struggled to move the ball all postseason, loaded with playmakers.
If we let Wilks be Wilks it would've been the 2016 49ers all over again.

Yah lucky in 2023 but not 2021 when games were won because of a blocked fg and punt.
If only Steve Wilks were the HC and Sam Darnold the starter everything would be right with the world.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
If only Steve Wilks were the HC and Sam Darnold the starter everything would be right with the world.

lol
Share 49ersWebzone