LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 222 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
this is all beside the point as we are running it back with Shanny. Maybe a new hat will do the trick in 2024

Or finally having a real QB develop even more in his 3rd season.

Amen to that
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Kyle is 72-55 as the 49ers head caoch. That includes the rebuilding years and the years when G was injured a lot. With a healthyQB he'sbeen very successful. He's gotten them to the SB twice and the NFC title game 4 times. All that adds up to being a good coach in my book. The fact that he lost twice in the SB doesn't mean he can't coach. In both of the losses it was player mistakes more than anything that cost them the game. Did he make some bad calls? Sure. Every coach does. He also made good calls that the players screwed up.

Most importantly he rebuilt the image of the 49ers. They were a complete clown show after Baalke/Tomsula/Chip tenures.

Very much so. Good times ahead.

Nah according to some "fans" we are the laughing stock of the NFL

No, we're not, just KC's b***h.

I forgot if you were the guy that posted we're a laughing stock of the NFL, or that you rather having losing seasons then lose in the playoffs/SB

Either way clown takes.

None.

I posted Kyle's a choke artist.

But you're a Shanalover, so I guess that's way beyond your comprehension.

Nah you were definitely saying one those two things. I think it was the latter.

Hey if I pull up that post will ban yourself?

And ya you would have to a complete clown to not admit that Kyle is a good coach.

But then again you're the same kid that lied about being 50+ years old.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Apr 24, 2024 at 5:36 PM ]
None.

This reminds me of the posts clamoring for Tomsula.
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
How many SBs does he need to lose for his fan club to realize he is not the guy that will bring home the trophy? Is it 3 with the niners plus one as the OC ? 4+1? 5+1? Is there no limit? Yup. He gets to o n the falcons loss. As the oc he is making calls that the impact the outcome. No escaping that fact. He may not be the sole reason they lost but he had a lot to do with it. Oh.. I forgot, we have to name his replacement and his fan club needs to agree before they even get close to discussing his limitations and his record. Until then he is to be honored and revered as a genius. Best indicator of future performance is past performance. Stay happy with post season appearances because it's gonna be a while before we are champs again. I just pray we don't waste Brock P and the star studded lineup we have while the Kyle show continues.

This doesn't work in football or Andy Reid wouldn't be going for his 3rd straight SB win, his 4th overall in a 6 year timeframe after being the original "can't win the big one" HC.

And Mike McCarthy would be winning SBs with Dallas and not getting embarrassed and unable to sniff the NFCCG, let alone the SB.

These predictions are based on two games, 3 if you're desperate enough to count the Falcons loss on him which is totally rational thing when blaming the OC for a 28-3 blown 3rd quarter lead.

Those games were all against teams with great coaches of their own and brilliant defensive minds and QBs who are two of the best to ever play this game.
This is the question ppl keep dodging or saying isn't a good question. Get real I say to them. The reality is we are a SB window team with a HC who, while productive, gets the yips in the big game. It's kind of an issue. I would have at least explored Belichick. Not often you get a Mt Rushmore level HC in the cycle for the taking; a guy with 8 rings. He kind of knows his way around the Super Bowl. His downfall was GM related and our team is built. I think he would be able to coach certified studs like CMC, Bosa, Warner, Trent, among others. Ask yourself who would you rather have in the big game?

You're delusional thinking Belichick walks in here and nothing changes on offense under his watch.

There is a reason he wasn't hired when 1/4 of teams had a HC opening this offseason. But yes let's replace Shanahan after a SB trip.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Kyle is 72-55 as the 49ers head caoch. That includes the rebuilding years and the years when G was injured a lot. With a healthyQB he'sbeen very successful. He's gotten them to the SB twice and the NFC title game 4 times. All that adds up to being a good coach in my book. The fact that he lost twice in the SB doesn't mean he can't coach. In both of the losses it was player mistakes more than anything that cost them the game. Did he make some bad calls? Sure. Every coach does. He also made good calls that the players screwed up.

Most importantly he rebuilt the image of the 49ers. They were a complete clown show after Baalke/Tomsula/Chip tenures.

Very much so. Good times ahead.

Nah according to some "fans" we are the laughing stock of the NFL

No, we're not, just KC's b***h.

I forgot if you were the guy that posted we're a laughing stock of the NFL, or that you rather having losing seasons then lose in the playoffs/SB

Either way clown takes.

None.

Nah you were definitely saying one those two things. I think it was the latter.

Hey if I pull up that post will ban yourself?

And ya you would have to a complete clown to not admit that Kyle is a good coach.

But then again you're the same kid that lied about being 50+ years old.

I'll gladly hand myself a time-out for the reminder of the off-season and the pre-season.

I expect you to do the same if you fail to find such posts.

Bet is on.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
this is all beside the point as we are running it back with Shanny. Maybe a new hat will do the trick in 2024

Or finally having a real QB develop even more in his 3rd season.

I'm hoping for both
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
None.

None.

Yup. Be careful what you wish for. Although if Shanny gets fired and replaced by a janitor many people will suddenly do a 180 and become anti Shanny and pro janitor.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
None.

Yup. Be careful what you wish for. Although if Shanny gets fired and replaced by a janitor many people will suddenly do a 180 and become anti Shanny and pro janitor.
doubt that.. unless the janitor does the unthinkable

None.

Yep same crap happened with Jim. How the idiots and morons forget so fast
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
None.

The thing is with Jim there was actually a reason to think it was going to get worse. I, in the worst way, wanted him to fire Roman and bring in someone who would get the offense a jolt and Harbaugh refused due to his crazy loyalty. What once worked beautifully fell apart as we lost guys in free agency and Delanie Walker who made our 2 TE with Vernon so deadly because we could run or throw with great results out of it left to the Titans, now became stale.

We were trying to do the same offense but didn't have the personnel to do it. Kap didn't develop like many of us thought and it was only the defense under Fangio that was keeping us in games most of the time.

Jim was hired for his ability to coach offense and it was worse his final season here than before he was hired. Shanahan has his flaws but one thing we know is his offense will always be ahead of the game for the most part and we've seen him produce a high quality offense regardless of who is playing QB.

But either way when you change coaches you just never know. Even Bill Belichick walking in here could produce a less desirable outcome.
Originally posted by genus49:
None.

The thing is with Jim there was actually a reason to think it was going to get worse. I, in the worst way, wanted him to fire Roman and bring in someone who would get the offense a jolt and Harbaugh refused due to his crazy loyalty. What once worked beautifully fell apart as we lost guys in free agency and Delanie Walker who made our 2 TE with Vernon so deadly because we could run or throw with great results out of it left to the Titans, now became stale.

We were trying to do the same offense but didn't have the personnel to do it. Kap didn't develop like many of us thought and it was only the defense under Fangio that was keeping us in games most of the time.

Jim was hired for his ability to coach offense and it was worse his final season here than before he was hired. Shanahan has his flaws but one thing we know is his offense will always be ahead of the game for the most part and we've seen him produce a high quality offense regardless of who is playing QB.

But either way when you change coaches you just never know. Even Bill Belichick walking in here could produce a less desirable outcome.

Bigger problem than loyalty to Roman was Baalkes roster. No offense will work with guys like the Martins' and Garnett on the OL. Their best receiver was Boldin who was done at that point. He went to the Lions and was a 5th stringer lol
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Apr 25, 2024 at 8:36 AM ]

Pivoting off of Jim, gave us Shanny, eventually
tho the eras of both are now defined by SB Ls
None.

Speaking of which did you see Baalke fart at his presser the other day?! lol like legit fart
Share 49ersWebzone