49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Koldo:
None.

I posted Kyle's a choke artist.

But you're a Shanalover, so I guess that's way beyond your comprehension.

This reminds me of the posts clamoring for Tomsula.

Speaking of which did you see Baalke fart at his presser the other day?! lol like legit fart

maybe it was him back in the day and not Jimmy T
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Bigger problem than loyalty to Roman was Baalkes roster. No offense will work with guys like the Martins' and Garnett on the OL. Their best receiver was Boldin who was done at that point. He went to the Lions and was a 5th stringer lol

Jonathan Martin was a Harbaugh guy.

Baalke had his struggles with identifying skill talent but Harbaugh is also not very good at developing skill guys himself. Used Ted Ginn to the tune of 1 catch in 2012. Was a bad combo in general.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Bigger problem than loyalty to Roman was Baalkes roster. No offense will work with guys like the Martins' and Garnett on the OL. Their best receiver was Boldin who was done at that point. He went to the Lions and was a 5th stringer lol

Baalke had his struggles with identifying skill talent but Harbaugh is also not very good at developing skill guys himself. Used Ted Ginn to the tune of 1 catch in 2012. Was a bad combo in general.

You sound like one of the Baalke backers who landed us Jimmy T
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Nope. I wanted the Shanahans back then Would've been the right move then and now.

Harbaugh doesn't develop skill guys. Baalke can't pick them. Both have their flaws.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by Koldo:
None.

I posted Kyle's a choke artist.

But you're a Shanalover, so I guess that's way beyond your comprehension.

This reminds me of the posts clamoring for Tomsula.

Yup. Be careful what you wish for. Although if Shanny gets fired and replaced by a janitor many people will suddenly do a 180 and become anti Shanny and pro janitor.

Yep same crap happened with Jim. How the idiots and morons forget so fast

The thing is with Jim there was actually a reason to think it was going to get worse. I, in the worst way, wanted him to fire Roman and bring in someone who would get the offense a jolt and Harbaugh refused due to his crazy loyalty. What once worked beautifully fell apart as we lost guys in free agency and Delanie Walker who made our 2 TE with Vernon so deadly because we could run or throw with great results out of it left to the Titans, now became stale.

We were trying to do the same offense but didn't have the personnel to do it. Kap didn't develop like many of us thought and it was only the defense under Fangio that was keeping us in games most of the time.

Jim was hired for his ability to coach offense and it was worse his final season here than before he was hired. Shanahan has his flaws but one thing we know is his offense will always be ahead of the game for the most part and we've seen him produce a high quality offense regardless of who is playing QB.

But either way when you change coaches you just never know. Even Bill Belichick walking in here could produce a less desirable outcome.

Disagree, not that it matters at this point.

There was almost nothing about the offense that was innovative or impressive. Yes Baalke's picks after we started winning were far bad for the most part but let's not forget that the roster Jim was winning with was also mostly created by Baalke. And outside of the god awful AJ Jenkins pick Baalke was pretty good in the first round.

We'll never know what exactly caused the power struggle between Jim and Trent but I've never been sold that Jim is a great eye for personnel decisions. Not when coming out of Stanford he looked down on guys like Sherman and Doug Baldwin while wanting Jonathan Martin once he became available.

I'll be curious how he does with the Chargers and how he does on his Michigan evaluations.

Nope. I wanted the Shanahans back then Would've been the right move then and now.

Harbaugh doesn't develop skill guys. Baalke can't pick them. Both have their flaws.

DC had the Shanny's then. That franchise hasn't been competitive since the early 90s. Hard to say it would have been the right move, at that time, based on that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

DC had the Shanny's then. That franchise hasn't been competitive since the early 90s. Hard to say it would have been the right move, at that time, based on that.

They were forced to pick RG3 and went to the playoffs with him as a rookie.

He gave him a chance to resurrect his career as a backup. He ended up on the field that year, but Harbaugh knew he sucked and needed to do a 180 on his career.Ted Ginn sucked for a long time. Smaller guy that wasn't comfortable on an NFL field until he was like 32
Originally posted by Kolohe:

They were forced to pick RG3 and went to the playoffs with him as a rookie.

that was a fun year between SF, RG3, rook Wilson, rook Luck

He gave him a chance to resurrect his career as a backup. He ended up on the field that year, but Harbaugh knew he sucked and needed to do a 180 on his career.Ted Ginn sucked for a long time. Smaller guy that wasn't comfortable on an NFL field until he was like 32

Ted Ginn was a major disappointment given where he was selected but he was with us for 3 years and got 384 yards and 1 TD, he went to Carolina after spending time with us and in 3 years there got 2047 yards and 19 TDs.

Clearly he had something to offer. Hell the guy was Carolina's #1 WR the year they went to the SB, kind of crazy to think about.

Either way I would hope everyone agrees that Kyle is a much better playcaller and offensive mind than Harbaugh. Harbaugh however is better at getting guys to play at a higher level in terms of hype. That's why I'd like to combine the two coaches! Give me Kyle's mind and ability to teach players/scheme but with Harbaugh's hype abilities and we're definitely winning a SB.

Originally posted by genus49:

Ted Ginn was a major disappointment given where he was selected but he was with us for 3 years and got 384 yards and 1 TD, he went to Carolina after spending time with us and in 3 years there got 2047 yards and 19 TDs.

Clearly he had something to offer. Hell the guy was Carolina's #1 WR the year they went to the SB, kind of crazy to think about.

Either way I would hope everyone agrees that Kyle is a much better playcaller and offensive mind than Harbaugh. Harbaugh however is better at getting guys to play at a higher level in terms of hype. That's why I'd like to combine the two coaches! Give me Kyle's mind and ability to teach players/scheme but with Harbaugh's hype abilities and we're definitely winning a SB.

Another problem is Alex Smith was QB for majority of his time here. Those two just don't mesh lol. I honestly thought he played scared though. I was a really big fan of his in college, but dude was scared of contact for a long time
Another problem is Alex Smith was QB for majority of his time here. Those two just don't mesh lol. I honestly thought he played scared though. I was a really big fan of his in college, but dude was scared of contact for a long time

Kap wasn't scared to go deep though. The Roman offense just isn't a good pass offense. I feel bad for Justin.

Not in 2015 they didn't.

Kap wasn't scared to go deep though. The Roman offense just isn't a good pass offense. I feel bad for Justin.

He didn't really play with Kap. Moss played over him during that time
Not in 2015 they didn't.

According to some reporting Shanny wasn't even the first choice in 2017 when we hired him.
Share 49ersWebzone