There are 125 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
They had Joe playing like our Joe, and a defense that shutdown Manning Brady and Luck in the playoffs. We only lost because of the injuries to the Smiths. I don't hate Kyle, I just expect way more. He's a genius with the most weapons in football. He chokes

They lost because the coaches had the team completely unprepared. That's a blowout if the lights don't go out.

Getting blown out by a 5.5 point underdog is definitoally a choke.

I don't agree. Maybe if they couldn't do anything before the lights, but the offense moved the ball the entire game. It was only a matter of time before they started putting it in the end zone the way they did. The Ravens were the best team in the league after Joe got hot and we lost our pass rush. The spread means nothing
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Apr 25, 2024 at 4:03 PM ]
I don't agree. Maybe if they couldn't do anything before the lights, but the offense moved the ball the entire game. It was only a matter of time before they started putting it in the end zone the way they did. The Ravens were the best team in the league after Joe got hot and we lost our pass rush. The spread means nothing

Seahawks were the best team, and we were fortunate to avoid them in the title game ;)

Ravens were hot as s**t though… no denying that. Really impressive run.
They had Joe playing like our Joe, and a defense that shutdown Manning Brady and Luck in the playoffs. We only lost because of the injuries to the Smiths. I don't hate Kyle, I just expect way more. He's a genius with the most weapons in football. He chokes

They lost because the coaches had the team completely unprepared. That's a blowout if the lights don't go out.

Getting blown out by a 5.5 point underdog is definitoally a choke.

His posts are silly, he says we got blown out, yet it came down to the final plays of the game.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Seahawks were the best team, and we were fortunate to avoid them in the title game ;)

Ravens were hot as s**t though… no denying that. Really impressive run.

lol I'll always remember the chargers defense going full potato on a 4th and 17 which let the ravens get into the playoffs
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
His posts are silly, he says we got blown out, yet it came down to the final plays of the game.

28-6 before the power outage.
Originally posted by kujon11:
lol I'll always remember the chargers defense going full potato on a 4th and 17 which let the ravens get into the playoffs

Or Rahim Moore screwing up an easy knockdown to allow a tie.

Power outage wasn't needed. Moved the ball on them before the power outage. 28-3 happened to Kyle without any power outage
more revisionist history lol
Power outage wasn't needed. Moved the ball on them before the power outage. 28-3 happened to Kyle without any power outage

Yah to Tom freaking Brady. Somehow you are making Joe Flacco Joe Montana but Kyle's a choker because two of the best of all time got him?

2012 Ravens are the worst SB winner of this century.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
more revisionist history lol

Kyle doesn't score points because of player screwups, all his fault. But Harbaugh gets credit for "moving the ball" but scoring nothing.

The game winning play the team couldn't even get in. Something that happened time and again and was never fixed for years. Yet that's not choking.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Apr 25, 2024 at 7:16 PM ]

Apples and oranges. The power outage definitely affected the game. It gave the Niners a chance to regroup. To get out of the deer in headlights mode. If you don't think that helps then you need to study history and human psychology.

As for Kyle being in that situation-people are not including the other half of the equation, he did what his head coach wanted him to - its documented. Bill Walsh would have run the ball more.

As far as Kaep is concerned, while he did not have the weapons that Brock has, he did play scared compared to Brock in that if after his first two reads he normally takes off running not making off scheduled plays with his arm and instead relying on his legs majority of the time. Maybe his long gait/stride was the problem for this. Teams saw this and spied on him thereafter, daring him to beat him the arm. While made SOME long throws, he did not have a touch, often bulleting the ball and hard.

If you argue anything, Kyle gets his weapons more open than Roman does and he is not predictable like Roman was. He may have even made what the niners offensive weapons were back then look better and comparable. From Crabs to Vernon, and Frank Gore. These guys were not slouches. Case in point McCaffrey. He was not used to his fullest in Car. Only thing that Kyle has that Harb. did not have was the front office who listens to the coaches and scouts and let tries to only get players to his liking but the philosophy of his coaches.
I blame the last SB partially on Wilks. Not to mention the s**tty conditions for practice leading up to it.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Apples and oranges. The power outage definitely affected the game. It gave the Niners a chance to regroup. To get out of the deer in headlights mode. If you don't think that helps then you need to study history and human psychology.

As for Kyle being in that situation-people are not including the other half of the equation, he did what his head coach wanted him to - its documented. Bill Walsh would have run the ball more.

As far as Kaep is concerned, while he did not have the weapons that Brock has, he did play scared compared to Brock in that if after his first two reads he normally takes off running not making off scheduled plays with his arm and instead relying on his legs majority of the time. Maybe his long gait/stride was the problem for this. Teams saw this and spied on him thereafter, daring him to beat him the arm. While made SOME long throws, he did not have a touch, often bulleting the ball and hard.

If you argue anything, Kyle gets his weapons more open than Roman does and he is not predictable like Roman was. He may have even made what the niners offensive weapons were back then look better and comparable. From Crabs to Vernon, and Frank Gore. These guys were not slouches. Case in point McCaffrey. He was not used to his fullest in Car. Only thing that Kyle has that Harb. did not have was the front office who listens to the coaches and scouts and let tries to only get players to his liking but the philosophy of his coaches.

There is zero proof that the power out helped them. They moved the ball as much as the Ravens in the first half, just didn't finish drives. They made the biggest comeback in NFCCG history without a power out. They showed how quickly they can turn things around, no power out needed
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Apr 25, 2024 at 7:45 PM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:
I blame the last SB partially on Wilks. Not to mention the s**tty conditions for practice leading up to it.

Defense played good enough. Offense needed to score more points. The game shouldn't have even gone into overtime, No excuses for the offense or Kyle
There is zero proof that the power out helped them. They moved the ball as much as the Ravens in the first half, just didn't finish drives. They made the biggest comeback in NFCCG history without a power out. They showed how quickly they can turn things around, no power out needed

You cannot say there is no proof! The only way to prove it is if you have a time machine to remove the power outage. It gave the niners players and coaches to stop and regroup to talk things over about what they can do/adjust so they can finish. As I said, history shows you give the opponent in a variety of situations a chance and get a reprieve it can prove fatal. That is a fact!
Share 49ersWebzone