There are 142 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Defense played good enough. Offense needed to score more points. The game shouldn't have even gone into overtime, No excuses for the offense or Kyle

Disagree-D didn't play good enough. Offense did flounder I will say that, but 49ers D in the past put the game away as do all good ones.
Originally posted by WildBill:
You cannot say there is no proof! The only way to prove it is if you have a time machine to remove the power outage. It gave the niners players and coaches to stop and regroup to talk things over about what they can do/adjust so they can finish. As I said, history shows you give the opponent in a variety of situations a chance and get a reprieve it can prove fatal. That is a fact!

What adjustments did they make?
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
You cannot say there is no proof! The only way to prove it is if you have a time machine to remove the power outage. It gave the niners players and coaches to stop and regroup to talk things over about what they can do/adjust so they can finish. As I said, history shows you give the opponent in a variety of situations a chance and get a reprieve it can prove fatal. That is a fact!

What adjustments did they make?
I will be honest-I don't know.
That is something you would have to ask them or NFL films if they recorded it. I know during the blackout they were on the sidelines and some of the players were talking along with the coaches to one another they seemed in serious communication like they would during a game. Did not look like they were joking around. Pretty sure they weren't talking about what's for dinner.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Loser proving time and time again why he'll always be a loser.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Loser proving time and time again why he'll always be a loser.
lol .. don't go full raider
Disagree-D didn't play good enough. Offense did flounder I will say that, but 49ers D in the past put the game away as do all good ones.

Well how about don't depend on the defense to win the game for you every time. How about get the players to execute your offense and score more points
Lol I've been one of the bigger critics but I'll trust him on this pick. I don't think WR is anywhere near a position of need but whatever
Year 30 of the Quest for 6.
I will be honest-I don't know.
That is something you would have to ask them or NFL films if they recorded it. I know during the blackout they were on the sidelines and some of the players were talking along with the coaches to one another they seemed in serious communication like they would during a game. Did not look like they were joking around. Pretty sure they weren't talking about what's for dinner.

So this would be my point then… nobody knows what actually would have happened if the lights didn't go out. If we're going to make any claims, whether that be that it helped them make adjustments, or that it didn't matter and we were set to comeback anyway… whatever else… we support those claims with solid evidence.

As it happened the lights went out and we lost a close game. It is what it is.
He will never win a SB. Ever.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
So this would be my point then… nobody knows what actually would have happened if the lights didn't go out. If we're going to make any claims, whether that be that it helped them make adjustments, or that it didn't matter and we were set to comeback anyway… whatever else… we support those claims with solid evidence.

As it happened the lights went out and we lost a close game. It is what it is.

Mmomentum is a real thing. I don't know about adjustments or anything but I saw a shell shocked 9ers team after the kickoff return. 9ers were sacked on the play prior to the power going. I saw things snowballing badly from there had they punted with no power outage.

Again to make the Ravens out to be a world beater with the 2nd coming of Joe Montana while.losing to two of the greatest coaches and qbs of all time is some spectacular choke is patently ridiculous.

I don't even think Harbaugh choked, he just had the same issues he always had and didn't have the team prepared. But the KC games can't be chokes while the Ravens game isn't. Zero logic there. That's what's truly silly.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Mmomentum is a real thing. I don't know about adjustments or anything but I saw a shell shocked 9ers team after the kickoff return. 9ers were sacked on the play prior to the power going. I saw things snowballing badly from there had they punted with no power outage.

Again to make the Ravens out to be a world beater with the 2nd coming of Joe Montana while.losing to two of the greatest coaches and qbs of all time is some spectacular choke is patently ridiculous.

I don't even think Harbaugh choked, he just had the same issues he always had and didn't have the team prepared. But the KC games can't be chokes while the Ravens game isn't. Zero logic there. That's what's truly silly.

I'm not going to speak on comparing the losses between the two regimes. They're completely separate things.

That Ravens team was playing great though. And Flacco had one of the best single playoff runs in history, right there with Montana's 89.
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:

Get ready for the third scalping.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Dialing up another SB loss due to the OL and secondary play!
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:

Dialing up another SB loss due to the OL and secondary play!
well that would be a first
Share 49ersWebzone