There are 143 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by Koldo:
what's the first thing Andy Reid does? He drafts a speedy demon to shore up their receiver corps.

... what is the first thing Shanahan does? He reaches for an undersized WR in the draft.

Pearsall is undersized? He outweighs Worthy by 25 pounds

Hahaha. Worthy has bad hands, gets knocked over by a gust of wind and was one of the worst deep threats in this draft last yr…even with his speed (QB played a part in that as well). His body type is littered with failures (BMI) in the NFL.

Ricky has great hands, supreme route running ability and isn't afraid to make catches in traffic. Dude is the same size as guys like Adam Thielen/Juedy/lamb lol. Let's not get it twisted his QB was awful as well at Florida.

should have been taken at like 40 instead? Sure…anyone b***hing about him as a player clearly didn't watch him play.

we need guys that can separate. Go watch KC/Browns games.

Not shocked with who's crying in this thread…same guys.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Mahomes struggled the entire season due to poor WR play and what's the first thing Andy Reid does in the draft AFTER WINNING THE SUPER BOWL?

He drafts a speedy demon to shore up their receiver corps.

Brock has to deal with opposing defenses camping in the back field during the playoffs and the Super Bowl and what is the first thing Shanahan does?

He reaches for an undersized WR in the draft.

That's why Reid is a three-time SB winner and Kyle a hopeless loser.

FYI Andy Reid said he hasn't been involved in the personnel side of football since he got to KC. Their GM makes all the calls. He talks about it around 13:30

Maybe this is what Kyle needs to do?

Maybe people need to stop using Reid as a crutch to s**t on Kyle? I've told people Andy wasn't the guy that picked Mahomes. It wasn't even their old GM…it was Brett Veach pounding the table for him.

His "play calling" is a f**k ton of him just letting Mahomes run around and make ridiculous plays. It's Mahomes scrambling around giving Kelce time to find holes. People should go look at kelce's "routes" run after a game on next gen…nothing about it is timing related. Reid sitting there eating a cheese burger collecting rings because Mahomes is that awesome.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Mahomes struggled the entire season due to poor WR play and what's the first thing Andy Reid does in the draft AFTER WINNING THE SUPER BOWL?

Brock has to deal with opposing defenses camping in the back field during the playoffs and the Super Bowl and what is the first thing Shanahan does?

FYI Andy Reid said he hasn't been involved in the personnel side of football since he got to KC. Their GM makes all the calls. He talks about it around 13:30

Maybe this is what Kyle needs to do?

Maybe people need to stop using Reid as a crutch to s**t on Kyle? I've told people Andy wasn't the guy that picked Mahomes. It wasn't even their old GM…it was Brett Veach pounding the table for him.

His "play calling" is a f**k ton of him just letting Mahomes run around and make ridiculous plays. It's Mahomes scrambling around giving Kelce time to find holes. People should go look at kelce's "routes" run after a game on next gen…nothing about it is timing related. Reid sitting there eating a cheese burger collecting rings because Mahomes is that awesome.

Yup and Kyle wasn't interested in Mahomes so..... two can play that game lol
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
His posts are silly, he says we got blown out, yet it came down to the final plays of the game.

28-6 before the power outage.

Power outage wasn't needed. Moved the ball on them before the power outage. 28-3 happened to Kyle without any power outage

lol I know I'm late to this but you're trolling right?

Did you just compare a 28-3 lead as the OC to a 28-6 deficit as a HC?

And moving the ball...

We had 224 total yards on 7 drives. That's 32 yards per drive. We were really sticking it to them!

God you guys are so dramatic.

What's hilarious too is you praise Andy Reid for drafting a 5'11 165 lbs WR but then bash Shanahan for drafting an undersized WR who is 6'1 189 lbs.

And Andy Reid is a 3 time SB winner because he lucked into some great moves.

That's what happens sometimes...you luck into a great situation. Andy Reid had his GM convince him to take Mahomes and that was after they were inadvertently lucky enough to avoid taking a major bust in Paxton Lynch.

Neither was any other team apparently…KC moved all way up 27th I believe. Mahomes could have been had by anyone. It's not like he one the 1st overall pick and no one had a shot at him.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 26, 2024 at 6:37 AM ]
Originally posted by maxsmart:
what's the first thing Andy Reid does? He drafts a speedy demon to shore up their receiver corps.

... what is the first thing Shanahan does? He reaches for an undersized WR in the draft.

Pearsall is undersized? He outweighs Worthy by 25 pounds

Hahaha. Worthy has bad hands, gets knocked over by a gust of wind and was one of the worst deep threats in this draft last yr…even with his speed (QB played a part in that as well). His body type is littered with failures (BMI) in the NFL.

Ricky has great hands, supreme route running ability and isn't afraid to make catches in traffic. Dude is the same size as guys like Adam Thielen/Juedy/lamb lol. Let's not get it twisted his QB was awful as well at Florida.

should have been taken at like 40 instead? Sure…anyone b***hing about him as a player clearly didn't watch him play.

we need guys that can separate. Go watch KC/Browns games.

Not shocked with who's crying in this thread…same guys.

Agreed. Jacob Cowing is a better player than Worthy, straight up. And the film proves it. I wouldn't have touched Worthy til the third at best.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 26, 2024 at 6:38 AM ]
Neither was any other team apparently…KC moved all way up 27th I believe. Mahomes could have been had by anyone. It's not like he one the 1st overall pick and no one had a shot at him.

Mahomes went 10th.
Originally posted by genus49:
God you guys are so dramatic.

What's hilarious too is you praise Andy Reid for drafting a 5'11 165 lbs WR but then bash Shanahan for drafting an undersized WR who is 6'1 189 lbs.

And Andy Reid is a 3 time SB winner because he lucked into some great moves.

That's what happens sometimes...you luck into a great situation. Andy Reid had his GM convince him to take Mahomes and that was after they were inadvertently lucky enough to avoid taking a major bust in Paxton Lynch.

It wasn't even the GM it was the assistant (who is now their GM) that had to convince the both guys lol.

people love to twist history around to fit a narrative.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Mahomes went 10th.

Yeah they moved up from 27th…literally any team that thought Mahomes was gonna be a super star could have done the same thing. It's not like he was the #1 pick and untouchable. Anyone from 1 to 27 had a shot to get him. So yeah damn near every team passed on him because if they thought he was gonna be great they would have moved up all the same.

Even if they drafted an o lineman in the 1st round KS wouldn't play him much if at all his rookie season. The startling o line is already set fellas. They are going to run these dudes back. Whoever they draft would takeover 2 years from now. Just like they drafted a WR who won't really contribute a ton until 2 years from now unless there is an injury. If this guy was BPA on there board at #31 then that's an issue.

Splitting hairs, but you said Reid doesn't deserve credit etc. Using the same logic we know lynch was interested and Kyle said no. However, instead of saying yeah that's on him you said well many other teams said no too (9 teams including us.). I get it's all a crapshoot, but knowing what we know it's fair to question Kyle's talent evaluation and thought processes. Point being, what if lynch had the power on the roster over Kyle like many other organizations etc. This why I said maybe Kyle needs to try this structure etc.

Also I recently read Sean Payton loved Mahomes and he was the pick at 11 to develop a year or two behind Brees, but kc beat them by one spot.

We both know a lot of this is luck, but given the circumstances and the fact Reid has beaten Kyle twice so you shouldn't be so surprised when people keep comparing them.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Even if they drafted an o lineman in the 1st round KS wouldn't play him much if at all his rookie season. The startling o line is already set fellas. They are going to run these dudes back. Whoever they draft would takeover 2 years from now. Just like they drafted a WR who won't really contribute a ton until 2 years from now unless there is an injury. If this guy was BPA on there board at #31 then that's an issue.

Quest for six with no end in sight
Splitting hairs, but you said Reid doesn't deserve credit etc. Using the same logic we know lynch was interested and Kyle said no. However, instead of saying yeah that's on him you said well many other teams said no too (9 teams including us.). I get it's all a crapshoot, but knowing what we know it's fair to question Kyle's talent evaluation and thought processes. Point being, what if lynch had the power on the roster over Kyle like many other organizations etc. This why I said maybe Kyle needs to try this structure etc.

Also I recently read Sean Payton loved Mahomes and he was the pick at 11 to develop a year or two behind Brees, but kc beat them by one spot.

We both know a lot of this is luck, but given the circumstances and the fact Reid has beaten Kyle twice so you shouldn't be so surprised when people keep comparing them.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve credit, he's the HC. Everyone in here is on their knee blowing him though…and if they did there homework they'd realize there's a whole bunch of s**t going on to make that team roll besides him. He's not the final say in personnel stuff. He wasn't the Mahomes truther. The GM at the time wasn't either… It's not just his scheme…it's a ton of improvisations made by Mahomes.

Payton could have moved up. He's always been impatient. Always given away future assets for now. Couldn't do it for the GOAT?

my point is any damn team could have moved up for Mahomes. KC was drafting 27th, the bills could have traded with any team closer to them. No one offered. Why? Like that tweet said…they could have easily ended up with Paxton Lynch lol.

I don't care about KC beating SF that has zero to do with my point.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 26, 2024 at 7:23 AM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Mahomes went 10th.

And Solomon Thomas was 3rd.... lol.
Share 49ersWebzone