There are 156 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Folks who want Kyle gone and to hire BB. He had Ricky 41st on his big board

BB sucked at drafting though

They were picking last or 2nd last for 20 years in a row. He didn't suck at drafting. He was pretty good at building a dynasty.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They were picking last or 2nd last for 20 years in a row. He didn't suck at drafting. He was pretty good at building a dynasty.

Isn't it amazing how the narrative is he sucks now. Game has passed him by etc. crazy stuff. Not saying I wanted him but I'm not knocking him either. People are smoking crack.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Isn't it amazing how the narrative is he sucks now. Game has passed him by etc. crazy stuff. Not saying I wanted him but I'm not knocking him either. People are smoking crack.

Yes I agree.
1) WR 2) CB

It's not like Offensive line was terrible in the Super Bowl or anything. Especially the right side. Great picks guys.

1) WR 2) CB

It's not like Offensive line was terrible in the Super Bowl or anything. Especially the right side. Great picks guys.

3) OG

Oh yeah? Break down his picks for me hot shot
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

It's a defense mechanism to protect Kyle. Criticize Kyle, first question you get is "oh yea, who would you replace him with?" Answer BB, and the Shanafans get into a frenzy about how BB was awful. Lame
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
His posts are silly, he says we got blown out, yet it came down to the final plays of the game.

28-6 before the power outage.

Power outage wasn't needed. Moved the ball on them before the power outage. 28-3 happened to Kyle without any power outage

lol I know I'm late to this but you're trolling right?

Did you just compare a 28-3 lead as the OC to a 28-6 deficit as a HC?

And moving the ball...

We had 224 total yards on 7 drives. That's 32 yards per drive. We were really sticking it to them!

That team was known for offense, it was Kyles team and Kyles call that lost it for them. The rest of the sports world agrees. Only blind 9er homers disagree that 28-3 isn't mainly on Kyle

And we didn't play clean against Ravens which is why the yards per drive look bad, but they did move the ball when they didn't shoot themselves in the foot

So the team was known for offense and 28 points vs the #1 defense in the league wasn't enough for your take?

The offense doesn't blow a 28-3 lead. Dan Quinn was the HC and gets no blame for that loss because of stupidity like you posted above.

And yes when we didn't play bad vs the Ravens we played good vs them. Excellent breakdown.
Originally posted by DrEll:

It's a defense mechanism to protect Kyle. Criticize Kyle, first question you get is "oh yea, who would you replace him with?" Answer BB, and the Shanafans get into a frenzy about how BB was awful. Lame

No it's called logic. You don't replace a HC and expect all the good to stay in place and somehow only replace the bad with the good from the new HC.

Belichick is a great defensive mind. He's a very good HC but without Tom Brady his results haven't been exactly great.

Bill has also had 2 guys with him most of his NE career who were critical in their success. Ernie Adams, who had a lot of input on game planning and drafting and Dante Scarnaccia(sp) who was their OL coach and our version of Bobb McKittrick.

Both guys are now retired so Bill would be coming in here without his two top lieutenants and key parts of what made those teams great at adding and developing talent.

So the team was known for offense and 28 points vs the #1 defense in the league wasn't enough for your take?

The offense doesn't blow a 28-3 lead. Dan Quinn was the HC and gets no blame for that loss because of stupidity like you posted above.

And yes when we didn't play bad vs the Ravens we played good vs them. Excellent breakdown.

That team was nothing after Kyle left. It was all about the offense, which was solely ran by Kyle. In the end his decisions lost it for them. They lived and died with their offense, and unfortunately Kyle outgeniused himself again

The point on the Ravens game is that it came down to execution, not lights. If you actually watched the first half, you wouldn't feel like the lights were a requirement to get back in that game. We popped them for 20 yds on the first play, but lined up wrong. They just needed to clean things up
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Apr 27, 2024 at 5:32 AM ]

That team was nothing after Kyle left. It was all about the offense, which was solely ran by Kyle. In the end his decisions lost it for them. They lived and died with their offense, and unfortunately Kyle outgeniused himself again

The point on the Ravens game is that it came down to execution, not lights. If you actually watched the first half, you wouldn't feel like the lights were a requirement to get back in that game. They just needed to clean things up

Dude shut up. It was a 28-3 lead that was blown. The Pats didn't get a defensive score. Blaming the OC for losing a 28-3 lead in the 3rd quarter is the dumbest thing ever.

Shanahan deserves blame but Quinn and Matt Ryan bear the bulk of it and yet get none of it.

As for the Ravens SB loss…you think I didn't want my team play in the SB? "If you actually watched the first half" I have. It was not a team who came in prepared or looked ready to compete. The lights going out completely cooled off the Ravens and let our guys regroup.

Saying they needed to clean things up is obvious. Problem is not every team gets a random 34 minute timeout to clean things up.

And guess what? In the end they still blew it worse than anything Kyle has done. Best OL in the game and you don't give your best player on offense a single carry in a first and goal situation. Call a timeout when you actually have a TD play called and then go back to throwing.

All that while having the better roster.

The point on the Ravens game is that it came down to execution, not lights. If you actually watched the first half, you wouldn't feel like the lights were a requirement to get back in that game. We popped them for 20 yds on the first play, but lined up wrong. They just needed to clean things up

When you can't line up right for the first play of the game, a play you've clearly drilled and practiced for two weeks that's a bad look for coaching and that's the whole damn point.

Harbaugh who is supposed to be this better HC didn't have his team ready to play.
Dude shut up. It was a 28-3 lead that was blown. The Pats didn't get a defensive score. Blaming the OC for losing a 28-3 lead in the 3rd quarter is the dumbest thing ever.

Shanahan deserves blame but Quinn and Matt Ryan bear the bulk of it and yet get none of it.

As for the Ravens SB loss…you think I didn't want my team play in the SB? "If you actually watched the first half" I have. It was not a team who came in prepared or looked ready to compete. The lights going out completely cooled off the Ravens and let our guys regroup.

Saying they needed to clean things up is obvious. Problem is not every team gets a random 34 minute timeout to clean things up.

And guess what? In the end they still blew it worse than anything Kyle has done. Best OL in the game and you don't give your best player on offense a single carry in a first and goal situation. Call a timeout when you actually have a TD play called and then go back to throwing.

All that while having the better roster.

That was an offensive team and their offensive coordinators decisions lost it for them, and he's supposed to be a genius. That's where the blame goes first

Like I said, there is no way to prove we needed the lights. We came back from 17 down in like a quarter without any lights out. Our offense stopped shooting itself in the foot, and Fangio made the right adjustments at halftime. Based on what i saw in the first half and in the NFCCG, I don't agree the lights were needed
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Apr 27, 2024 at 5:44 AM ]

When you can't line up right for the first play of the game, a play you've clearly drilled and practiced for two weeks that's a bad look for coaching and that's the whole damn point.

Harbaugh who is supposed to be this better HC didn't have his team ready to play.

The point was execution vs lights. Not how great Harbaugh is
Share 49ersWebzone