49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by babarvaart:
We're building an offensive juggernat, we need to absolutely destroy everyone with an all time great O to finally get this thing over the line.

We HAD an offensive juggernaut and still lost to a Chiefs team that wasn't fielding its best product. You think a couple draft picks will make this team more potent ?

the Shanafans need a reality check. The reason this team doesn't play to its potential is because of the head coach. Can't keep blaming Jimmy, other players, and other coaches just to cover up for the glaring weakness standing on the sideline.

but don't take it from the fans that have already caught on. Kyle's demise will become apparent soon enough (another year or two). Those same supporters will go complete 180 on him….
Aint no better coach out there

The dude in KC just wins rings and is always in super bowls. Yeah he's substantially better than Kyle.

Learn to read lol

Is Reid available right now?

Belichick is…
We HAD an offensive juggernaut and still lost to a Chiefs team that wasn't fielding its best product. You think a couple draft picks will make this team more potent ?

the Shanafans need a reality check. The reason this team doesn't play to its potential is because of the head coach. Can't keep blaming Jimmy, other players, and other coaches just to cover up for the glaring weakness standing on the sideline.

but don't take it from the fans that have already caught on. Kyle's demise will become apparent soon enough (another year or two). Those same supporters will go complete 180 on him….

I mean, I see your point, we did have an offensive juggernaut and still lost. I have been pretty critical of Kyle but this is pretty gloomy man lol. I am still hopeful, if we don't not win it all this year, maybe we do so in Santa Clara. It just sounds right lol. I agree though, if Shans leaves without an SB win..the lovers will turn and burn like he was Lance or something lol. After seeing three really cruddy SB losses..I figure now I will just go along with the ride, whatever it may be but not expect a Lombardi. I have been holding onto the old days..where Niners always won..a part of me expects them to just win SBs. But anymore. I will just enjoy watching the game, at least we got a dang good qb, I know Brock will be amazing.
[ Edited by Montana on Apr 28, 2024 at 5:01 AM ]
It's a defense mechanism to protect Kyle. Criticize Kyle, first question you get is "oh yea, who would you replace him with?" Answer BB, and the Shanafans get into a frenzy about how BB was awful. Lame

And BB had Ricky highly ranked highly all the same…yet all the anti-kyle folks who wanted BB s**t on Kyle for the pick.

ya'll are so predictable.
Learn to read lol

You mean is Mahomes available….
Belichick is…

And he's a sub ..500 HC without the GOAT. Cry some more
Originally posted by NYniner85:
It's a defense mechanism to protect Kyle. Criticize Kyle, first question you get is "oh yea, who would you replace him with?" Answer BB, and the Shanafans get into a frenzy about how BB was awful. Lame

And BB had Ricky highly ranked highly all the same…yet all the anti-kyle folks who wanted BB s**t on Kyle for the pick.

ya'll are so predictable.

And you predictably come after people who aren't pleased with the team.

still no rings. Still lose in predictable ways…. Don't score enough, bad game management, bad OL blocking, not good enough on the back end in the biggest games. Seven years running.

for good measure, they did a ESPN draft montage celebrating the many years of Mel Kiper. They showed many clips of all his good takes and many times he got it wrong. It was pretty funny. But they showed his Mahomes clip. The guy was adamant that Mahomes was an absolute stud. And while showing college tape of Mahomes you can plainly see the absolute bonkers skill level of the guy.

I swear, not taking Mahomes not only set the franchise back, it's still the main reason we aren't holding an extra 3-4 championships right now. It's THE DECISION that looms over shanahan. Not sure if we'll ever climb that mountain because now we gotta play that guy at the end of every season.

NY will say to "get over it that was so long ago" and that we still have a great franchise. And we do. But no rings and that's why most of us became fans of this franchise in the first place. Cause they won. A lot.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

still no rings. Still lose in predictable ways…. Don't score enough, bad game management, bad OL blocking, not good enough on the back end in the biggest games. Seven years running.

for good measure, they did a ESPN draft montage celebrating the many years of Mel Kiper. They showed many clips of all his good takes and many times he got it wrong. It was pretty funny. But they showed his Mahomes clip. The guy was adamant that Mahomes was an absolute stud. And while showing college tape of Mahomes you can plainly see the absolute bonkers skill level of the guy.

I swear, not taking Mahomes not only set the franchise back, it's still the main reason we aren't holding an extra 3-4 championships right now. It's THE DECISION that looms over shanahan. Not sure if we'll ever climb that mountain because now we gotta play that guy at the end of every season.

NY will say to "get over it that was so long ago" and that we still have a great franchise. And we do. But no rings and that's why most of us became fans of this franchise in the first place. Cause they won. A lot.

So Mahomes was an absolute stud yet the Chiefs got a C+ from him that year. Why? Because they reached for Mahomes at 10.
I love how going into the last Super Bowl we all agreed we can't let Chris jones beat us and Kyle would have a plan...... but that's exactly what happened again so why is anyone surprised some of the fan base are just going to call that out and question the man?
We're building an offensive juggernat, we need to absolutely destroy everyone with an all time great O to finally get this thing over the line.

The dude in KC just wins rings and is always in super bowls. Yeah he's substantially better than Kyle.

Learn to read lol

Belichick is…

Nothing to do with the original point but okay lol. You really are a special guy.
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:

I will say every single team had a legit chance to get Mahomes.

Go be a KC fan if the only reason you became a 49er fan in the first place was because they won…problem solved

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
So Mahomes was an absolute stud yet the Chiefs got a C+ from him that year. Why? Because they reached for Mahomes at 10.

People makeup s**t to fit their narrative. Truth is Mahomes was wildly raw with horrible mechanics coming from a system that didn't translate to the NFL.

Reid didn't "find" Mahomes. It was then assistant GM Brett Veach. Reid is a good HC but he was the ultimate "choker" for 20 years. He had to have the generational goat to win it all…and he let's him f**k around and play backyard football.

meanwhile Kyle's going to SBs with the last pick in the draft who does have limitations and Jimmy G who's a backup QB on most teams now.

They took one of the worst teams in football and have been top 5 in wins since then.

The dude in KC was literally Kyle until another team screwed over their plans to draft Paxton Lynch and as a result they found themselves with Chris Jones and then Patrick Mahomes.

He didn't win s**t without Mahomes. He also didnt get to the SB in the first 2 seasons with Mahomes.

Learn to read lol

Belichick is…

Once again for the slow audience.

1/4 of NFL teams had a HC opening this offseason. None of them hired Belichick. I assure you if we fired Kyle, he'd be HC for another team right now in the same hiring cycle.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
People makeup s**t to fit their narrative. Truth is Mahomes was wildly raw with horrible mechanics coming from a system that didn't translate to the NFL.

Reid didn't "find" Mahomes. It was then assistant GM Brett Veach. Reid is a good HC but he was the ultimate "choker" for 20 years. He had to have the generational goat to win it all…and he let's him f**k around and play backyard football.

meanwhile Kyle's going to SBs with the last pick in the draft who does have limitations and Jimmy G who's a backup QB on most teams now.

They took one of the worst teams in football and have been top 5 in wins since then.

Fire him tho
Originally posted by genus49:
Once again for the slow audience.

1/4 of NFL teams had a HC opening this offseason. None of them hired Belichick. I assure you if we fired Kyle, he'd be HC for another team right now in the same hiring cycle.

So you don't want Matt Patricia at OC for Brock?
Share 49ersWebzone