LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 131 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by captveg:
The difference was so negligible that the game went a full OT period. Arguing what the subtle miniscule millimeter of difference was nearly three months later seems just a bit obsessive.

I remember an entire offseason last year of ppl telling me Lance was playing great vs CHI. I was maybe being trolled into having to respond over and over with reality.

Coming from you?
I remember an entire offseason of someone telling us how great Sam Darnold was despite the 50+ game sample size that said otherwise. We were maybe being trolled into having to respond over and over with reality.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
The difference was so negligible that the game went a full OT period. Arguing what the subtle miniscule millimeter of difference was nearly three months later seems just a bit obsessive.

I remember an entire offseason last year of ppl telling me Lance was playing great vs CHI. I was maybe being trolled into having to respond over and over with reality.

Coming from you?
I remember an entire offseason of someone telling us how great Sam Darnold was despite the 50+ game sample size that said otherwise. We were maybe being trolled into having to respond over and over with reality.

Darnold looked good . All I was saying is he should do much better in a better situation, and he did to my eyes

And I remember you saying lance would throw for 4k yards and 40 TD and be an MVP candidate
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
And I remember you saying lance would throw for 4k yards and 40 TD and be an MVP candidate

He was gonna be a tier 1 rookie dammit.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
This is basically what is known as fake news.

So Kc never fumbled or muffed and recovered them?

show me the KC fumbles we had a shot at I'll wait
iirc the center was snapping low and if it brushes grass on the way to Mahomes they technically rule it a fumble, it's hardly a turnover worthy play, or something even worth discussing

Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
This is basically what is known as fake news.

So Kc never fumbled or muffed and recovered them?

show me the KC fumbles we had a shot at I'll wait
iirc the center was snapping low and if it brushes grass on the way to Mahomes they technically rule it a fumble, it's hardly a turnover worthy play, or something even worth discussing

You laugh but that's why they had a high fumble count, and I think one was a bad pitch to Pacheco. We are lucky that routine plays like a basic pitch which they get right near 100% are being pitched incorrect and put on the ground for loss. But we never had a shot at getting that pitch imo. I wouldn't say them pitching it bizarrely is them getting 'lucky'. They got unlucky that a normal pitch went sideways.
You laugh but that's why they had a high fumble count, and I think one was a bad pitch to Pacheco. We are lucky that routine plays like a basic pitch which they get right near 100% are being pitched incorrect and put on the ground for loss. But we never had a shot at getting that pitch imo. I wouldn't say them pitching it bizarrely is them getting 'lucky'. They got unlucky that a normal pitch went sideways.

Yet you compare a punt that goes off the back of a foot and an interception as 'unforced' errors.

One is extremely unlucky. The other is common and isn't unforced.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Yet you compare a punt that goes off the back of a foot and an interception as 'unforced' errors.

One is extremely unlucky. The other is common and isn't unforced.

Ray Ray made an error, he could have fallen on the ball. The INT seemed like I think 87 was gearing down as Mahomes was winding up. They were not on the same page iirc
Ray Ray made an error, he could have fallen on the ball. The INT seemed like I think 87 was gearing down as Mahomes was winding up. They were not on the same page iirc

Yea I think you need to adjust your analysis here.

Yea I think you need to adjust your analysis here.

it's irrelevant, the point stands TOs were even 2 a piece

The point about unforced errors and luck most certainly doesn't stand, lol.

The point about unforced errors and luck most certainly doesn't stand, lol.

To me it does. Mahomes throwing it right to a rook is an unforced error he usually doesn't make. Punts going off ankles and ending up TOs is an unforced error we usually don't make. We can agree to disagree, but of course, you wouldn't agree to that..
To me it does. Mahomes throwing it right to a rook is an unforced error he usually doesn't make. Punts going off ankles and ending up TOs is an unforced error we usually don't make. We can agree to disagree, but of course, you wouldn't agree to that..

Of course I wouldn't agree to that because a QB throwing an inaccurate pass into traffic while moving up through the pocket due to edge pressure isn't an unforced error.
Originally posted by genus49:
The muffed punt was the biggest single thing that lost the game and technically it was 2 mistakes in the one play that came together to F us. If ball doesn't hit Luter's leg it's not a turnover but if McCloud just falls on it, we retain possession. We really pulled out the mistake carpet for Taylor Swift and crew.

But yes you can say overall the OL was the biggest issue in that game over the course of the whole thing but it was also more of an issue do to internal pressure.

Notice we had an unforced error on the punt, they had one with Mahomes throwing it straight to Brown. We had a RB fumble, and they had an RB fumble. The difference I see is we got out coached. The TO battle was even.

Of course you do...

Let's forget how before the Chiefs lost their fumble they recovered another one that bounced right into their players hands and after that play got a should be pick that Gipson somehow lost track of completely to the tune of a 50 yard completion.

We had 2 fumbles and lost both.
Chiefs had 5 fumbles and lost 1.

Also I love how a muffed punt that hits a player blocking is the same thing as a QB throwing a pick when flushed out of the pocket.

Of course I wouldn't agree to that because a QB throwing an inaccurate pass into traffic while moving up through the pocket due to edge pressure isn't an unforced error.

This is Mahomes, guy can navigate pocket and sling it, that's kinda his deal.
Share 49ersWebzone