49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

We still debating this s**t lol?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
it's irrelevant, the point stands TOs were even 2 a piece

The point about unforced errors and luck most certainly doesn't stand, lol.

To me it does. Mahomes throwing it right to a rook is an unforced error he usually doesn't make. Punts going off ankles and ending up TOs is an unforced error we usually don't make. We can agree to disagree, but of course, you wouldn't agree to that..

Mahomes has 5 picks thrown in 4 SBs. As great as he is...that is in fact something he usually makes in that game.

Eagles are the only team who couldn't get one off him. Your mental gymnastics to turn this into a major coaching issue while brushing off the other factors is amazing. Kudos sir.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Same old stuff from the same poster. Going to be a long summer.
This is Mahomes, guy can navigate pocket and sling it, that's kinda his deal.

Yea… completing accurate passes on the move while avoiding pressure is a great play, not a normal one. He's capable of great plays. But he's not attempting them for no reason. He's not climbing through the pocket and throwing on the move because it's cool. The defense is forcing it.
This is Mahomes, guy can navigate pocket and sling it, that's kinda his deal.

Yea… completing accurate passes on the move while avoiding pressure is a great play, not a normal one. He's capable of great plays. But he's not attempting them for no reason. He's not climbing through the pocket and throwing on the move because it's cool. The defense is forcing it.

Originally posted by thl408:

Ugh
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
This is basically what is known as fake news.

So Kc never fumbled or muffed and recovered them?

show me the KC fumbles we had a shot at I'll wait
iirc the center was snapping low and if it brushes grass on the way to Mahomes they technically rule it a fumble, it's hardly a turnover worthy play, or something even worth discussing

You laugh but that's why they had a high fumble count, and I think one was a bad pitch to Pacheco. We are lucky that routine plays like a basic pitch which they get right near 100% are being pitched incorrect and put on the ground for loss. But we never had a shot at getting that pitch imo. I wouldn't say them pitching it bizarrely is them getting 'lucky'. They got unlucky that a normal pitch went sideways.

Not how it works bud nor is it accurate , but carry on
it's irrelevant, the point stands TOs were even 2 a piece

The point about unforced errors and luck most certainly doesn't stand, lol.

To me it does. Mahomes throwing it right to a rook is an unforced error he usually doesn't make. Punts going off ankles and ending up TOs is an unforced error we usually don't make. We can agree to disagree, but of course, you wouldn't agree to that..

Well that's b******t because PM did the exact same thing with Moore in 2019 SB…wasn't unforced then and wasn't unforced this time around. You are just doubling down
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on May 1, 2024 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
While I don't disagree that an upgrade at OL is desirable, I find it funny how some of you blame the SB loss entirely on the OL. As if the muffed punt, CMC fumble, TW penalties, bland playcalling (at times), LB injury and blocked extra point never happened.

an argument can be made that if any one of those things didn't occur we would be the SB victor. But… OL? Hilarious.

great draft. Let's hope it works out.

technically thats o line

I'd put OL at the top of the list for reasons as to why we lost the super bowl, but yeah, the muffed punt was the dagger through the heart for us.

If you look at Kc's offense, it was going nowhere until Dre went down. He had Kelsey frustrated and that offense needed him to open up the other offensive weapons. Once he was out KC's offense came alive. Our backup LB wasn't up to the task, as Greenlaw was. That, to me, was the turning point in the game.

KC is a powerhouse. They have tons of experience winning in the playoffs. They have a HOF QB. They have a HOF coach.

They are tough to beat.

Sbanahan is definitely the guy I want going up against them now and for years to come. There wasn't anything egregious in the loss, IMO, it was a few bum breaks that gave them the edge.

I am stoked about our chances next year.

NY's fault / NC's fault. When both are around, they dominate every thread with their back and forth bickering about everything

Ya it's pretty crazy...Idk which I like more, the old WZ or the new. I like it's more relaxed now and mods aren't reenforcing rules constantly, but then it also leads to spam stuff like this. 2006 English would've been handing out TOs left the right if they didn't stop with nonsense spams I would be guilty as well in the past with my Alex Smith takes, idk how many warnings and TOs I've raked up over the years lol

lol same 5 dudes talking s**t to each other.

Summer? I think you underestimate their resolve to make this a thing for decades to come.
[ Edited by captveg on May 1, 2024 at 8:52 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
KC is a powerhouse. They have tons of experience winning in the playoffs. They have a HOF QB. They have a HOF coach.

They are tough to beat.

Sbanahan is definitely the guy I want going up against them now and for years to come. There wasn't anything egregious in the loss, IMO, it was a few bum breaks that gave them the edge.

I am stoked about our chances next year.

Greenlaw getting injured was a turning point and the punt recovery in the red zone gave KC a boost. Up to that point KC was getting handled. S@@@ happens!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone