George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 192 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Montana:
Steve Young had some good points when talking about last season. We were in a very good position to win it...teams likely will be better this year..might be a tougher hill to climb. We should have won that darn game lol

Real insightful s**t. Should have won championship when in championship. Webzone continues to blow my mind

Steve should have gotten on air and said 'i love my coach' and hung up *click*
you would be praising the insight for the rest of the offseason
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DrEll:
Finally someone that states the obvious. Let the masses roast this HOFer…

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/180784-steve-young-49ers-chance-passed/

Real insightful s**t. Should have won championship when in championship. Webzone continues to blow my mind

And it starts…
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Steve Young had some good points when talking about last season. We were in a very good position to win it...teams likely will be better this year..might be a tougher hill to climb. We should have won that darn game lol

He sure wasn't retarded enough to say Kyle should be fired so he's not total webzone smooth brain quality.

Geniuses
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:

Geniuses

Should have invested in Apple when they were an unknown company.

He sure wasn't retarded enough to say Kyle should be fired so he's not total webzone smooth brain quality.

he's running 79% approval rating, very few want him fired. I don't want him fired, I'm one of the 79%ers i'll have you know.. I just thought he had a bad SB 58. our health and the NFC path was lined up extremely well last season

he's running 79% approval rating, very few want him fired. I don't want him fired, I'm one of the 79%ers i'll have you know.. I just thought he had a bad SB 58. our health and the NFC path was lined up extremely well last season

Yeah and sometimes you just lose a game. Not being over it by now is just sad tbh like get some other hobbies

Yeah and sometimes you just lose a game. Not being over it by now is just sad tbh like get some other hobbies

the only person all animated and throwing r words is yourself
i just said I concur, with Steve Young.. on his recent comments

the only person all animated and throwing r words is yourself
i just said I concur, with Steve Young.. on his recent comments

If you took offense to the R word. Then go ahead and wear that shoe if it fits.

We had a bad 3rd quarter. I feel like that's when we lost the game - had a lot of chances to take over the game and kept blowing it.

kudos to that KC defense - they played great. They have excellent defense, great qb, and great coach's. It is what it is. We fired our DC for a reason, unfortunately.

im optimistic about the future though. Every year is unpredictable and I thjnk brock will be even better - so we may be harder to beat too.

Maybe he's right and last year was our best chance "on paper," but maybe we will win it in a year where we don't necessarily have the "best chance" to make it. At this point anything looking back at is hindsight, and anything looking forward is hypothetical. I'm just going to let the year play out a week at a time and see how far we get.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Maybe he's right and last year was our best chance "on paper," but maybe we will win it in a year where we don't necessarily have the "best chance" to make it. At this point anything looking back at is hindsight, and anything looking forward is hypothetical. I'm just going to let the year play out a week at a time and see how far we get.

I think 22 was our best chance on paper to this point. An injury ruined it. We were arguably lucky to get through the NFC playoffs last year. Not sure why people think it was perfectly set up for us other than we earned the 1 seed and were healthy.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I think 22 was our best chance on paper to this point. An injury ruined it. We were arguably lucky to get through the NFC playoffs last year. Not sure why people think it was perfectly set up for us other than we earned the 1 seed and were healthy.

I think home for Love and home for Goff was pretty soft. I remember when we needed to beat an all time team, to win #5. usually you have to face some legend teams like that to win a SB (on your path to the SB). As an example, at PHI was a much tougher game. They had all time sack numbers that year, pretty insane run O, and a hostile environment.
I think home for Love and home for Goff was pretty soft. I remember when we needed to beat an all time team, to win #5. usually you have to face some legend teams like that to win a SB (on your path to the SB). As an example, at PHI was a much tougher game. They had all time sack numbers that year, pretty insane run O, and a hostile environment.

I agree Philly was better than the Packers and Lions, especially in Philly, and I also agree the NFC in general is soft. That said, look at how the games against those soft teams played out. Two skin of your teeth victories, one in which required a dramatic comeback.

Our team wasn't as good last year and that to me is a key difference. Our defense took a significant step backwards and I don't think our offense was all that different from what we saw with Brock to finish out '22. I think it was even more efficient in the small sample by some measurements.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

….or two. sometimes when they matter most. It's okay. Just a game. We're still a great team. Led by a great head coach. 2nd place isn't bad. Let's just run it again!
Share 49ersWebzone