There are 164 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Maybe ask yourself that question?

They played another HOFer (who got 2 KRs) and another QB that was on track to be a HOFer. Man that team sucked

Im not arguing the 9ers only lost due to injury while simultaneously crediting that same team for beating other severely injured rosters.

They aren't close a team that has gone to 4 of 5 SBs and won 3 of them.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 17, 2024 at 8:44 AM ]
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

They played another HOFer (who got 2 KRs) and another QB that was on track to be a HOFer. Man that team sucked

Im not arguing the 9ers only lost due to injury while simultaneously crediting that same team for beating other severely injured rosters.

They aren't close a team that has gone to 4 of 5 SBs and won 3 of them.

That wasn't the only HOFer they beat down though. That team was knocking on the door every year. Woulda been there the year before if Lee Humphries (I believe is his name) could catch
That wasn't the only HOFer they beat down though. That team was knocking on the door every year. Woulda been there the year before if Lee Humphries (I believe is his name) could catch

And if Dee Ford could stay onside the Chiefs probably have 4 out of 6 right now.

Hell if Brock could've seen Aiyuk open on 3rd down we'd have a title. Or if a certain coach could ever get plays in on time.

Single.plays can be the difference.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 17, 2024 at 8:54 AM ]
Ravens played us without a pass rush, but you don't mention that for Harbs. We weren't as hot as the Ravens, our defense sucked for weeks heading into the SB. We had close to 500 yards in the SB. First team with two 100 yard receivers and a 100 yard RB in the SB. More points than Kyle has ever scored in the SB. Against a defense that beat multiple HOF QBs. How is that not amazing? I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying that team was much better than you give them credit for. They beat Manning and he got 2 KRs from his STs that game

You're trolling right? We got people left and right putting everything they can on Shanahan but you want to give Harbaugh a pass for Justin and Aldon playing banged up? How about losing Greenlaw and Feliciano in the actual SB? How about Armstead, Kittle and likely a few others playing with injuries? Or do those not count?

The Ravens were nothing special on either side of the ball. 10-6 squad that had no business being in the SB with US. I don't care about playoff choking Manning playing in the cold. I don't care about Brady without Gronk and a defense that wasn't their typical standard.

We were built to beat that type of squad - statue QB, so so defense and a team coached by a guy our HC knew better than anyone else in the league considering it was his older brother.

To have a 28-6 deficit in that game with the roster we had was absolutely embarrassing. So amazing, we made it close after a blackout let us regroup and Ravens momentum wear off, wonderful. At least we put up a lot of total yards on them!

Guess what...49ers were tied for the most total yards gained vs KC in this last SB. Maybe we should get part of the Lombardi for that?

Yes the Ravens got hot, so did the Chiefs but here we are acting like Shanahan blew the game.

And if Dee Ford could stay onside the Chiefs probably have 4 out of 6 right now.

And they still wouldn't beat that Ravens team without a pass rush
Originally posted by genus49:
Ravens played us without a pass rush, but you don't mention that for Harbs. We weren't as hot as the Ravens, our defense sucked for weeks heading into the SB. We had close to 500 yards in the SB. First team with two 100 yard receivers and a 100 yard RB in the SB. More points than Kyle has ever scored in the SB. Against a defense that beat multiple HOF QBs. How is that not amazing? I'm not making excuses, I'm just saying that team was much better than you give them credit for. They beat Manning and he got 2 KRs from his STs that game

You're trolling right? We got people left and right putting everything they can on Shanahan but you want to give Harbaugh a pass for Justin and Aldon playing banged up? How about losing Greenlaw and Feliciano in the actual SB? How about Armstead, Kittle and likely a few others playing with injuries? Or do those not count?

The Ravens were nothing special on either side of the ball. 10-6 squad that had no business being in the SB with US. I don't care about playoff choking Manning playing in the cold. I don't care about Brady without Gronk and a defense that wasn't their typical standard.

We were built to beat that type of squad - statue QB, so so defense and a team coached by a guy our HC knew better than anyone else in the league considering it was his older brother.

To have a 28-6 deficit in that game with the roster we had was absolutely embarrassing. So amazing, we made it close after a blackout let us regroup and Ravens momentum wear off, wonderful. At least we put up a lot of total yards on them!

Guess what...49ers were tied for the most total yards gained vs KC in this last SB. Maybe we should get part of the Lombardi for that?

Yes the Ravens got hot, so did the Chiefs but here we are acting like Shanahan blew the game.

Blowing 3 double digit leads in SBs is embarrassing. Let's throw an NFCCG in there too
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on May 17, 2024 at 8:55 AM ]
Yea we'll be just fine if Bosa and our 2nd best pass rusher are playing with one arm

Well you give credit to Ravens for shutting down the Pats without Edelman or Gronkowski. Those seem like pretty big losses too.

Why do only selective injuries matter?

Maybe ask yourself why you ignore that HOF also throwing a pick 6 and then making another awful pick in OT to give the Ravens a game winning FG?

Kick returns don't guarantee Broncos wouldn't score on those drives...but turnovers guarantee they won't. Yet you choose to bring up the unknowns and pretend Manning doesn't have a track record of blowing playoff games.

They'd outscore em. Because they have a real offensive playcaller.
Blowing 3 double digit leads in SBs is embarrassing. Let's throw an NFCCG in there too

You're a joke for even mentioning a double digit lead from this last SB.

If your offense doesn't see the field again with that double digit lead it's not worth mentioning. It was 10-0 and the Chiefs made it 10-3 the next time they got the ball...which was also in the 2nd quarter.

WOW losing a 10-0 lead in the 2nd quarter is for sure more embarrassing than never having a lead while playing with the more talented team.

Not as embarrassing as not being able to get a game winning play in on time.

As if 10 point leads are insurmoutable. Chiefs came back from bigger deficits than that all playoffs in 2019.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on May 17, 2024 at 8:58 AM ]

Out of their 4 SBs, they scored more than 34 points one time. Against a team that got a cakewalk to the SB. I doubt they could've scored 35 against that great Ravens defense

Out of their 4 SBs, they scored more than 34 points one time. Against a team that got a cakewalk to the SB. I doubt they could've scored 35 against that great Ravens defense

lol you're making yourself look like a clown with stuff like this..

They were 12th in points allowed and 17th in yards allowed.

The Chiefs defense in 2019 was 7th in points allowed and 17th in yards allowed. I'm sure I don't need to bring up the results from this last Chiefs team...it was clearly better than that "great Ravens defense"

Those almost 500 total yards you're so impressed with the Ravens gave up more yards than that two other times that season to the amazing 4-12 Eagles and the juggernaut 8-8 Cowboys.

The Chiefs defense in 2019 was 7th in points allowed and 17th in yards allowed. I'm sure I don't need to bring up the results from this last Chiefs team...it was clearly better than that "great Ravens defense"

Those almost 500 total yards you're so impressed with the Ravens gave up more yards than that two other times that season to the amazing 4-12 Eagles and the juggernaut 8-8 Cowboys.

Okay, very hot defense that was playing great

Don't i don't care how you try to frame it up we had no business losing that game.

We had the best OL in the game. A QB who nobody had answers for in part due to that OL and our ability to roll out a top notch 2 TE set where we could run the ball and throw it with great results. Yes the Smith bros were beat up, so were this year's 49ers. Most teams are playing with some sort of injury that late in the season it was no excuse for coming out as poorly as we did.

THAT is coaching. When the first play is an illegal formation that's inexcusable. Being down 28-6 to an inferior team is absurd. Got lucky to even get it close and still a terrible coaching move cost us the potential go ahead score.

And yet you want to complain about Shanahan losing a 10-0 lead in the 2nd quarter that lasted for a second all while ignoring the things you used to paint a rosier picture for Harbaugh's failure.

Don't i don't care how you try to frame it up we had no business losing that game.

We had the best OL in the game. A QB who nobody had answers for in part due to that OL and our ability to roll out a top notch 2 TE set where we could run the ball and throw it with great results. Yes the Smith bros were beat up, so were this year's 49ers. Most teams are playing with some sort of injury that late in the season it was no excuse for coming out as poorly as we did.

THAT is coaching. When the first play is an illegal formation that's inexcusable. Being down 28-6 to an inferior team is absurd. Got lucky to even get it close and still a terrible coaching move cost us the potential go ahead score.

And yet you want to complain about Shanahan losing a 10-0 lead in the 2nd quarter that lasted for a second all while ignoring the things you used to paint a rosier picture for Harbaugh's failure.

We definitely had business losing to a team that was beating HOFers when we were playing without a defense at that point
Share 49ersWebzone