There are 124 users in the forums

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan Thread

Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Kyle has a healthy defense playing their asses off in these SBs and he's the smartest offensive mind in the game. He has a better QB and weapons than Harbaugh. I can somewhat excuse him for the first one because of Jimmy (shouldn't have stopped giving it to Deebo though), but not this last one. He's also blown so many playoff leads it's getting old

You're making a mockery of yourself.

The 49ers had their WHOLE starting defense on the field during that Ravens SB loss. Vs the Chiefs we were missing at least one starter going into the game(DJ Jones in 2019 and Hufanga in 2023). This last SB we lost a key player in Greenlaw, had injuries to several other key players and then lost some guys later in the game.

Just own the fact that you're bending over backwards trying to upsell our opponent under Harbaugh while excusing his failures and at the same time downplaying our opponent under Kyle and ignoring many of the same excuses you used for Harbaugh for Kyle.
Lol you guys are so desperate for Kyle to be better than Harbaugh. When I look at what Harbaugh did, I have to say he's better for now. A play away from a SB win with a defense giving up 30 ppg. Then he comes a play away from beating an all time defense in their house with Kaepernick and less weapons than Kyle. Never had a losing record

If we're talking OC, I'm taking Kyle all day. HC I'm taking Harbaugh but that can change in the future
Lol you guys are so desperate for Kyle to be better than Harbaugh. When I look at what Harbaugh did, I have to say he's better for now. A play away from a SB win with a defense giving up 30 ppg. Then he comes a play away from beating an all time defense in their house with Kaepernick and less weapons than Kyle. Never had a losing record

If we're talking OC, I'm taking Kyle all day. HC I'm taking Harbaugh but that can change in the future

There is no desperation, it's obvious to me. We'll see how Harbaugh does with the Chargers since he has a great QB but what I saw in that Ravens game has stayed with me ever since. It was negligence IMO.

A play from a SB win...but Kyle wasn't?

Take away the 3rd and 13 play. Take away the miss to Sanders. That's a win.
Take away a mountain of things that happened this last one. That's a win.

You know who took away that one play you're talking about btw? Jim Harbaugh. All because of his stupid last second playcall design and having 3 different people involved in the playcall in the redzone.

And you don't get to magically combine strengths of coaches and put them together. That would be fantastic. I'd easily take the mind of Kyle Shanahan with the heart and fire of Harbaugh but I'm going off real life and the results.
Originally posted by genus49:
There is no desperation, it's obvious to me. We'll see how Harbaugh does with the Chargers since he has a great QB but what I saw in that Ravens game has stayed with me ever since. It was negligence IMO.

You know who took away that one play you're talking about btw? Jim Harbaugh. All because of his stupid last second playcall design and having 3 different people involved in the playcall in the redzone.

And you don't get to magically combine strengths of coaches and put them together. That would be fantastic. I'd easily take the mind of Kyle Shanahan with the heart and fire of Harbaugh but I'm going off real life and the results.

A play away with a defense giving up 30 ppg in the playoffs. That's the difference. Kyle is a very smart game planner, but he's not the HC Jim is yet
Baltimore just beat us. There was play after play were Boldin was just plucking catches out of the air over our defenders. Then they'd strike big. Flacco played perfectly and he played perfectly that entire postseason (280 yards a game, 11 td 0 picks) against very good competition.

We just choked on the 1st loss. Mahomes played like trash and Kyle still found a way to lose. A year later Tampa would be in the same scenario and they pummeled the dog sh out of KC in the 2nd half. Should of been us too.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 17, 2024 at 11:22 AM ]

A play away with a defense giving up 30 ppg in the playoffs. That's the difference. Kyle is a very smart game planner, but he's not the HC Jim is yet

Oh really? What has Jim Harbaugh accomplished that Kyle hasn't?

Also stop downplaying that 2012 defense with the ppg crap.

They gave up 24 on defense vs GB(7 points were on a garbage TD with the game put away)
They gave up 24 on defense vs Atlanta

That's 24 PPG heading into the SB. 414 total yards per game - with one road game where most of the yards were accrued.

49ers D last year gave up 21 points on defense vs GB
They gave up 31 on defense vs Detroit

That's 26 PPG heading into the SB. 386 total yards per game - with a rain game in there which impacts scoring and yardage.

So trying to pretend the 49ers defense was weaker in 2012 vs 2023 is simply not correct.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Baltimore just beat us. There was play after play were Boldin was just plucking catches out of the air over our defenders. Then they'd strike big. Flacco played perfectly and he played perfectly that entire postseason (280 yards a game, 11 td 0 picks) against very good competition.

We just choked on the 1st loss. Mahomes played like trash and Kyle still found a way to lose. A year later Tampa would be in the same scenario and they pummeled the dog sh out of KC in the 2nd half. Should of been us too.

I can pretty much guarantee you if we played KC in 2019 without Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz we would've beaten them handily.

Oh really? What has Jim Harbaugh accomplished that Kyle hasn't?

Also stop downplaying that 2012 defense with the ppg crap.

They gave up 24 on defense vs GB(7 points were on a garbage TD with the game put away)
They gave up 24 on defense vs Atlanta

That's 24 PPG heading into the SB. 414 total yards per game - with one road game where most of the yards were accrued.

49ers D last year gave up 21 points on defense vs GB
They gave up 31 on defense vs Detroit

That's 26 PPG heading into the SB. 386 total yards per game - with a rain game in there which impacts scoring and yardage.

So trying to pretend the 49ers defense was weaker in 2012 vs 2023 is simply not correct.

Harbaugh done just as much as Kyle with less, which makes him better

You would honestly take 2012 without pass rush over 2023? You can go back to the point Justin got injured, the defense wasn't any good. Even taking away defensive and STs scores. Harbaugh just edges out Kyle for now
I can pretty much guarantee you if we played KC in 2019 without Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz we would've beaten them handily.

I wouldn't bet on that. They had 10 points in the 4th with Patrick having 160 yards and 2 picks. Shanny just couldn't put them away like TB did.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I wouldn't bet on that. They had 10 points in the 4th with Patrick having 160 yards and 2 picks. Shanny just couldn't put them away like TB did.

Chiefs defense was average at best in '20 and the Bucs had a loaded offense with the GOAT at QB.

Harbaugh and Kyle are both really good HC's guys. Kyle is better for us because he can be successful and get along with the non-accountabilibuddies.

Screw Harbaugh. He had the best option to win the Championship and refused to give the ball to Frank so he could kill Ray Lewis on the way into the end zone for the win. As far as Kyle is concerned, I hope he has gone over the losses and knows what the hell to do next time
harbaugh will win a SB before shanny. book it.
harbaugh will win a SB before shanny. ironically, probably against the 49ers. while we just keep wasting away year after year draft after draft, pick after pick going to WRs who will never see the field and third rounders on RBs who never even make the roster. use resources on OLmen? what's an OL? book it.

buckle up guys cause it ain't getting any better anytime soon, were just a long for the ride.
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:
harbaugh will win a SB before shanny. ironically, probably against the 49ers. while we just keep wasting away year after year draft after draft, pick after pick going to WRs who will never see the field and third rounders on RBs who never even make the roster. use resources on OLmen? what's an OL? book it.

buckle up guys cause it ain't getting any better anytime soon, were just a long for the ride.

If the 49ers have to lose another SB, I'll take the comedy of this.
Kyle has a healthy defense playing their asses off in these SBs and he's the smartest offensive mind in the game. He has a better QB and weapons than Harbaugh. I can somewhat excuse him for the first one because of Jimmy (shouldn't have stopped giving it to Deebo though), but not this last one. He's also blown so many playoff leads it's getting old

You're making a mockery of yourself.

The 49ers had their WHOLE starting defense on the field during that Ravens SB loss. Vs the Chiefs we were missing at least one starter going into the game(DJ Jones in 2019 and Hufanga in 2023). This last SB we lost a key player in Greenlaw, had injuries to several other key players and then lost some guys later in the game.

Just own the fact that you're bending over backwards trying to upsell our opponent under Harbaugh while excusing his failures and at the same time downplaying our opponent under Kyle and ignoring many of the same excuses you used for Harbaugh for Kyle.

In fairness, he is Charlie Sheen. It's what he does
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by BobSacamano69:

If the 49ers have to lose another SB, I'll take the comedy of this.

the 49ers went from 5-0 in super bowls to now 5-3. shanahan is responsible for TWO of the 3 losses. he had TWO chances to take out the chiefs an had a LEAD in each one an blew it. if it happens twice, with him having a better team in the second one, why wouldn't it happen a third time? what has he shown us that he's grown an learned an changed? nothing. he lost two in a row, why would he win a third? in fact he even decided to rub salt in our wounds an use our first pick on the teams LEAST NEEDED POSITION.

unless we get a cakewalk magical matchup in the SB against someone garbage like the Titans or the raiders then he isn't gonna do it. he isn't gonna win one with his current strategy. it sucks but the sooner fans accept it the easier it is to go on.
Share 49ersWebzone